Friday 11 July 2008

Mini Ep. 4: The Isle of Wight

Featuring: the Doctor and Georgia with:
Robot TWELVE
Fair people

Georgia and the Doctor stepped out of the TARDIS. Georgia was wearing a red jumper with thin, white stripes, and the Doctor his blue suit. Georgia looked around with amazement. It was just as the Doctor had promised: jugglers, tight-rope walkers, magicians and fortune tellers.

“I’d watch out for the fortune tellers, you might end up with a Beetle on your back” the Doctor commented.
“You still haven’t said where we are,” Georgia said.
“And any Mermaid women or Ring Masters. You might end up in an un-watery grave.”
“So where are we?” Georgia asked.
“Or a man who claims he can’t die, and really can’t. You would fall for him like that!”
“What? No, wait, stop trying to change the subject, where are we?” Georgia persisted.
“You don’t want to know! Just enjoy it and forget its name!” the Doctor said.
“What if I want to tell Mum or Dad, or Richard? I can’t say the planet Marshmallow or whatever!” Georgia cried.
“You do know the planet Marshmallow does exist?” the Doctor mentioned.
“So where are we?” Georgia was annoyed.
“The Isle of Wight!” the Doctor cried.
“Seriously? I mean, the Isle of Wight? You could have told me anything, and you tell me the Isle of Wight? That’s like Cardiff!” Georgia said exasperatedly.
“I know what you mean, Cardiff!” the Doctor laughed.

The Doctor and Georgia walked amongst the various isles, sampling new foods and watching new tricks from the future. They saw Gravity Hovers, Acrobatics, Fire Walking and the Robot Cannonball.

“Let’s have a History lesson!” the Doctor cried.
“Oh brother,” Georgia muttered.
“Let’s see, it’s been Popular as a Holiday Resort since the Victorian times, and Queen Vic built Osborne House there. It was also popular in the 21st Century, and was famed for its sailing. People took the mickey smith smith out of it cause of its size. But in the 46th Century its popularity rocketed, as the continent’s size increased.”
“You what? How did the Isle of Wight get bigger? How big? I mean, it was pretty small to begin with…” Georgia grinned.
“Massive, they had to relocate the entire Continent of the Isle of Wight to the Planet Cghidy Diyodort.” The Doctor said.
“How do you pronounce that then?” Georgia asked.
“Cig-hi-dee die-oh-dort,” the Doctor announced.
“Nice,” Georgia laughed, as a Robot flew over her head.

Then the Robot clattered into the ground beside Georgia, steaming. The Doctor’s eyes widened as he saw the Robot.

“Robot TWELVE!” the Doctor cried.
“Doctor?” the Robot grated.
“Yeah, that’s right, from Snow Globe 7!” the Doctor nodded.
“Come again?” Georgia asked.
“We met before, when I defeated some huge creepy crawlies from destroying the Earth!” the Doctor grinned.
“Then the female must be Marth-” the Robot began.
“What’s happened to you then? How did you end up here?” the Doctor asked.
“My emotions were too Human-like, so I was branded a freak show.”
“I’m so sorry TWELVE,” the Doctor sympathised “I could remove your emotions.”
“Don’t, I am still happy living like a Human, I just wish I lived somewhere else…” Robot TWELVE sighed.
“Well I know just the place…” the Doctor grinned.

Georgia grinned back. She took hold of Robot TWELVE’s arm, and led the way back to the TARDIS, hoping the Doctor wasn’t referring to the TARDIS itself, but grinning on the outside.

For more information, see the novel Snowglobe 7, featuring the Doctor and Martha.

1 comments:

Becky 5 October 2008 at 15:49  

That's the one book I didn't read, Snowglobe 7.
Oh well...
Lol.
Nice story, I could really picture the scene.

Bex
The-OncomingStorm

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP