Friday 25 July 2008

Episode 2: Maids, Myths and Monsters Part 4

Georgia and the Merry Men reach the Castle.

“Distract the Guards?” Georgia asked.
“It’d work on me,” Alan said, staring.
“Yeah me too,” Will said “err- because you look- err- innocent!”
“Are you flirting with me?” Georgia asked, looking bemused.
“Definitely. Is it working?” Alan asked.
“Kinda,” Georgia smiled.

She blushes. Alan and Will don’t. Conner sits up. He grabs the sword, and wrenches it out of his stomach.

“Oww.”

He leaps up.

“Now I know how Marian feels. Except, I’m not married. Now that’s weird. If I live that long, I suppose. Oh, God, shut up,” Conner muttered.

He runs out, and into Georgia. The Doctor is chased into the hall of the Castle. Guy and the Sheriff enter through the other room.

“Guards!” Guy shouted.

The Guards enter through a door on the right.

“Oh, crap,” the Doctor muttered.

Georgia, Conner and the Merry Men enter through a door on the left.

“Not your best line ever,” Georgia shouted up to him “these are the Merry Men and I found Conner!”
“Hi!” Conner shouted.
“Hi!” Alan shouted.
“Hi!” Will shouted.
“Hi!” Much shouted.
“Hi!” Little John shouted.
“Enough with the hellos!” the Sheriff shouted “attack!”

Georgia throws the Doctor a bow and arrow.



“That was a bit of a cliché,” the Doctor moaned “I get the bow. Thanks George.”
“It’s OK,” Georgia grinned.

Then the battle began. Guards clashed swords with the Merry Men; Marian shot random people, not fussy on who she killed. Georgia clashed with two Guards at once, holding them back. The Doctor waved the bow and arrow around, not particularly wanting to kill any one. Conner fought three Guards, until two ran into each other, then he fought one.

“Arghh!!!” Georgia screamed, smashing her sword down even harder.

Then Marian flew up to the back of the Doctor, and threw him out of a window. The Merry Men leap after him, as the hall of Nottingham Castle is on the lowest floor. A shot rings out, and everything falls silent. Conner’s eyes widen. He collapses to the floor.

Georgia turns around to see Marian with the gun raised, so Georgia slaps her right across the face. Marian runs out of the Castle, after dropping the gun. Georgia leans down to Conner, who picks up the gun.

“Oh my God!” Georgia cried “you’ll be fine- what are you doing?”
“Getting payback,” Conner muttered “run!”

Conner shoots Guy straight in the chest, and then dies. Guy hits the floor. Georgia runs out. The Sheriff is stunned. Guy dies, after the one perfect shot from Conner. Georgia runs into the Doctor. The Merry Men are helping Locksley.

“You escaped!” the Doctor grinned “sorry I had to leave so soon, I was on a one way flight.”
“Conner didn’t make it,” Georgia cried “he shot Gisbourne too, and Marian left. Still, I managed to fit a slap round the chops into her busy murdering schedule.”
“Back to her ship, this has to end now. Still, Conner not being seen may be an advantage.”
“What?” Georgia asked “I’m not sure you heard, Doctor. He died.”
“Yeah. And the energy from Marian’s ship will bring him back to life.”
“What? Really? You mean, Conner’s alright?” Georgia asked, grinning.
“Oh Yes!” the Doctor cried, leading the way.

The Doctor and Georgia walk to the ship.

“What alien is she?” Georgia asked “what does she want?”
“She’s a Gardonarak. From the Planet Hypo-Flipsation-Jung,” the Doctor told her.
“Okay…”
“She wants to invade. Not the whole world, but England. Or Nottingham. She’s after a better life. Full of violence and cruelty. They love it, the children are particularly vicious,” the Doctor informed.
“They could team up with some of the kids in my area,” Georgia muttered.

Marian is in her ship, when the Doctor strolls in.

“Hi!” the Doctor said.
“Not again,” Marian muttered “what do you want? Revenge?”
“No.”
“Oh, that’s a change,” Marian said cheerily “you know, not many people can say this, but you’ve really brightened my day!”
“Have I?” the Doctor smiled “I’m alright to, as soon as my friend is alive again.”
“He already is.”

Marian points to a screen. Conner is with Georgia, and they are just outside the ship. They walk in, Conner raising the gun.

“Hi!” Conner and Georgia said brightly.
“Shut it…” Marian snarled.
“God, those bullets are tough to get out, at least the sword was easy,” Conner grumbled.
“Sorry about that,” Marian said quietly.
“Don’t worry, I’ll live,” Conner joked.
“Not funny,” Georgia said “you should be shot.”
“Ha ha, I was,” Conner smiled back “you know, that really wasn’t funny either.”
“Sorry.”
“Now, what were you here for?” Marian asked.
“Oh yeah!” Conner remembered “put your hands up!”
“I’ll make it easier,” Marian offered “where do you want me officer? I was just riding my bike…”
“Outside, away from everyone else,” Conner nods to the door of the Spaceship.

Marian walks outside.

“Why is she doing this?” Georgia asked.
“She’s just being helpful,” the Doctor shrugged.
“And you’re gonna kill her?” Conner asked eyebrows raised.
“I’m gonna give her a chance,” the Doctor corrected.
“She’s dead,” Georgia said, immediately.
“What makes you say that?” the Doctor asked.
“You virtually always have to kill them,” Georgia said.
“You what?” Conner asked “this is who you are?”
“No,” the Doctor replied “it’s not like that.”
“So what is it like Doctor?” Conner asked.
“They always have a choice,” the Doctor explained “if they decline, and threaten the Earth, I have to stop them.”

Conner steps forward.

“And what about me?” Conner asked quietly “I shot Gisbourne.”
“Only ‘cause you knew he wouldn’t die,” the Doctor reasoned.
“So?” Conner cried “I still killed him!”
“You wouldn’t otherwise,” the Doctor said quietly.
“Oh yeah? And what about Marian?” Conner asked “she killed people too.”
“She hasn’t had her chance yet, stupid,” Georgia said.

Conner steps backwards.

“Well what are you waiting for? Plan Doctor?” Conner asked.
“We need to offer her the chance,” the Doctor said.
“Otherwise?” Georgia asked.
“We destroy her ship. Conner can do that. We’ll stop Marian.”
“But what if one of us dies?” Conner asked fearfully.
“It doesn’t matter, does it?” Georgia realised “it’s wrong if people can’t die.”
“Every thing has its time and everything dies,” the Doctor said.
“Even you?” Conner asked.
“Even me,” the Doctor replied.

Marian sees them come out of her ship. She has another gun behind her back.

“We’re here to offer you a chance,” the Doctor explained “leave this Planet, and I’ll find you a new one, or I’ll stop you.”
“Your choice,” Georgia said.
“Take it or leave it,” Conner said.

Marian raises her gun, and Georgia raises the other one.

“After all that niceness, I’m afraid I’ll have to decline,” Marian said.
“Then you’ve brought this on yourself,” Conner commented.

Georgia fired. Under the force of firing, Georgia’s hand veers to the right, and she shoots Guy of Gisbourne by accident. He dies, and the Merry Men show up. The fighting begins. Conner runs into a house, and meets the Woman they met earlier in there.

“Look, I need your help!” Conner cried desperately.
“What do you want?” the Woman asked.
“Fire,” Conner said “what do you use for fire?”
“Pitch, like in the TV series,” the Woman replied.
“They got something right then,” Conner muttered.
“I’ve got some here if you want,” the Woman offered.
“Thanks.”

He takes it, and runs outside. He runs into Locksley Manor. Inside the ship, Conner pours pitch everywhere, over the console, on the monitor and over the floor. He runs out.

“Doctor!” Conner shouted “ready for lift off!”

The Doctor grabs an arrow out of the holder on his back, and puts the Sonic Screwdriver up to it. He Sonics the arrow head, setting it alight. Georgia avoids a plunging sword. Marian is stabbed by Alan-A-Dale. The Doctor fires the arrow using the bow. It zooms into the ship, and Locksley Manor blows up. Georgia joins the Doctor and Conner.

“You’re only supposed to blow the bloody ship up!” Georgia laughed.

Back in the TARDIS, Conner and the Doctor discuss the events of the battle.

“What did you do with Marian?” Conner asked.
“She died in the battle,” the Doctor replied.

Conner raises his eyebrows.

“It wasn’t me, it was Alan,” the Doctor said.
“Fine,” Conner accepted.
“Now what?” the Doctor asked “you wanna keep travelling?”
“I dunno,” Conner sighed “I died Doctor, twice.”
“I know. I’m sorry.”
“Will I be safe? Ever Doctor?” Conner asked.
“I can’t promise,” the Doctor replied.
“Thank God,” Conner grinned “it wouldn’t be any fun otherwise!”

The Doctor grins. Georgia is outside with Alan and Will.

“Well boys, it’s been fun,” Georgia grinned.
“Tell me about it!” Alan grinned back.
“You’re so hot,” Will sighed.
“Come here then, I’ve gotta go,” Georgia leaned forward.

Alan and Will lean forward, and kiss her, one at a time.

“I would give you my mobile number, but I’d be wasting my time,” Georgia said.
“Have you seen Much?” Will asked.
“Yeah!” Alan grinned “he likes Robin!”
“Some things never change,” Georgia muttered.

She steps into the TARDIS, blowing them each a kiss. Finally, Alan and Will blush.

“She so likes me best!” Alan said.
“She kissed me for longer!” Will argued.
“Did not!”
“Did too!”

And so on. Then an arrow flies through the air...

Credits.

1 comments:

Becky 12 October 2008 at 15:37  

Cool, great story. :)

Bex
The-OncomingStorm

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP