Tuesday 22 July 2008

Episode 2: Maids, Myths and Monsters Part 1

“Do you want to come with us?” the Doctor asked.
“Would I? Yes!” Conner grinned.

He steps inside the TARDIS.

“No way!” Conner cried.

He runs outside and brushes his clothes past, including a green blazer, and walks around the outside of the TARDIS.

“Oh my God!” Conner cried “it’s bigger on the inside!”
“The Dimensions are different,” the Doctor explained.
“Jammy. Still didn’t find Narnia though. Where are we going?” Conner asked.
“Where do you wanna go?” Georgia asked back.
“To the stars, and beyond!” Conner cried, grinning.
“You know, we err-” the Doctor said “we don’t talk like that… It’s more what ho!”

Georgia punches him playfully.

“You can manage a trip to the past then?” Conner asked, still grinning.
“Done,” the Doctor said.

Title Sequence.

“So err- what species is he?” Conner asked Georgia.
“He’s a Time Lord,” Georgia replied.
“Ooh, aristocrat,” Conner grinned “so what are we?”
“I’m not sure. Companions?” Georgia asked.
“Rather you than me,” Conner muttered.
“Not like that. Idiot,” Georgia grinned.

Conner walks up to the Doctor.

“Weren’t you lonely before we came?” Conner asked.
“Not really,” the Doctor replied “I’ve had other friends.”
“How many?” Georgia demanded “are we the latest batch from Earth? D’you pick some off the roads? Do you get bored of us and leave us on some godforsaken planet?”
“Does it really matter?” the Doctor sighed.

Conner decided now would be a good time to change the subject.

“What’s your planet like?” Conner asked “we should go there next.”
“It’s a bit rocky now,” the Doctor said sadly “it was destroyed in the Great Time War. My people were too. I’m the last of the Time Lords.”
“I’m sorry,” Conner said quietly “who was the war with?”
“A race called the Daleks,” the Doctor spat “they’re evil, emotionless killing machines. There aren’t any Daleks left in the Universe, they’re all dead.”
“And you’re sure there’s no Time Lords left?” Conner asked.
“I’d feel it. They’re gone. Still, we’re here now! C’mon, you go first,” the Doctor brightened.
“In case there’s trouble?” Conner asked excitedly “I can die then? Ooh, can I die in the past? No, forget that, I don’t wanna know.”
“We can try it if you want,” Georgia muttered.

Conner ran to the doors.

“You know what? Right now, outside’s looking good,” Conner grinned.

He opens the double doors, and steps outside. The Doctor and Georgia follow, grinning at Conner being excited.

“Wow! It’s like a period drama!” Conner cried “you haven’t taken me to the set of Robin Hood have you? You’re not having me on are you? The TARDIS doesn’t have webcam does it? Am I on You’ve Been Framed? Well, hello Harry Bloody Hill!”

It is a small village, with hut like houses dotted around, each with a small garden behind a fence.

“No. Same sort of Period though,” the Doctor said.

Conner nods, and walks up to a woman.

“Hello!” Conner grinned “I’m looking for the Sheriff of Nottingham. I’d like to become a Black Knight. Or tell Marion earrings don’t exist yet!”
“Err Conner, don’t” the Doctor said.
“I also wanna see if they have cake yet. I don’t think they do. Do you have cake? D’you reckons Keith Allen is evil? Or a good actor? Hmm, he must be evil. I wanna know how Robin can drop out of a window, onto a flag, and survive the fall, and I wanna find out why the Sheriff’s men aren’t trained to recognise Robin, or his men, or his woman,” Conner said, without taking a pause for breath.
“No, really don’t,” the Doctor said.

Conner fell silent.

“We’re in Locksley, if that helps,” the Woman said.
“Yes thanks, that’s great,” Georgia smiled.

Then soldiers arrive with an important looking man on a horse.

“It’s Guy,” the Woman muttered nervously “the Sheriff’s man!”
“Guy of Gisbourne? You’re kidding me! He’s not real, is he?” Conner asked, astounded.
“It appears so,” the Doctor said quietly.

Guy’s Horse trotted forward.

“Who are these three?” Guy asked.
“We’re new around here, can you help us out?” the Doctor asked casually.
“Are you with the Sheriff?” Guy asked.
“We can be if you want,” Georgia said.
“Arrest them. Take them to the Castle for questioning,” Guy ordered the Guards.
“Do we run?” Conner asked excitedly.
“Ooh, I love a good Castle,” the Doctor grinned “yes.”

Georgia and Conner turn around and run. They get quite far away, until Georgia notices the Doctor isn’t running. He winks. Conner grabs Georgia’s arm and they run off. They pause at the edge of the Forest, and then continue in.

“Sherwood, I reckon,” Conner muttered.

They run through the Forest for a while.

“Helloooo?” Conner called “no Outlaws then?”
“Oh come on,” Georgia cried “you don’t really believe all that stuff?”
“Gisbourne exists, doesn’t he?” Conner cried back.
“Yeah, I’m just not sure about it,” Georgia said quietly “that’s all.”
“There’s always a grain of truth to the myth. Always. Well, usually,” Conner said.
“You sound like the Doctor,” Georgia smiled “but maybe the grain of truth is Gisbourne and the fact that the Sheriff isn’t very nice.”
“Well that’s not any fun,” Conner muttered.

The Doctor is in a dingy prison cell in Nottingham Castle.

“Yes! Use the chains, it’s more fun to break out of then,” the Doctor grins, despite being tied up.
“I’ll talk to the Sheriff,” Guy said “if he doesn’t like this one we’ll hang him. For now, interrogate him.”
“Interrogate?” the Doctor cried “you don’t use that word yet. Oi! I’m talking to you!”

Guy begins to walk away.

“Keep him quiet,” Guy ordered.
“Before or during the interrogation?” the Doctor asked.
“Shut up,” Guy said.
“My lips are sealed. I won’t say a thing,” the Doctor replied.

To be continued…

2 comments:

Becky 22 July 2008 at 13:59  

That has to be my favourite story of yours so far. It's so well written like I said before. Keep it up. :D

Will 22 July 2008 at 14:02  

Wow! Thank you! Everyone is so apreciative, it is really nice, as I know some people can be really horrible some times, but Doctor Who fans are so nice. No one's told me to shut up yet, which is a HUGE surprise!

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP