Tuesday 23 September 2008

We've got competition!

This form of rivalry has smashed into my computer screen with a whole series of fanfic! Episode 1 will be released on 27th September, and Will and Seb has an exclusive preview from Bex herself! Go to www.the-oncomingstorm.blogspot.com!

Beth

Beth is this series' companion. She is 25 years old and works in a Science laboratory. However, when she meets a mysterious man called the Doctor she realises she knows more about him than she first thought...

Bex: Beth works in a lab, she meets a man who pesters her to take him down to Section Five, a secret lab. But when the man reveals his true identity Beth realises she has found the man she has been researching about all her life: the Doctor! The reason why shes been researching him will be revealed later on in the series... She isn't part of LINDA, but they are mentioned...


1.1 The Wright Choice

Meet Beth Wright. She's a 25 year old scientist with a lot on her mind. Suddenly, she meets a man who calls himself 'The Doctor,' but can he really be who Beth suspects he is?

Exclusive!

Beth’s eyes were red raw as she stared at the screen. The symbols blurred in front of her and everything was turning to jumble.
Her deep concentration was interrupted by a male voice.
“Excuse me,” the man said, “I was just wondering if you could help me with something?”
Without looking up Beth replied, “Sorry, bit busy at the moment…”
There was a pause and suddenly a long finger pointed at the screen.
“Just swap the nitrogen with the hydrogen,” the man said, “that should sort it.”
She slowly gazed up to see a skinny tall man in a brown suit smiling at her. He had thick brimmed glasses protecting wise old eyes and Beth couldn’t help noticing his sideburns.
“It took me two hours to look at this, and with one glance you solved it…” Beth said in awe, “Science geek…” she muttered to herself then clamped her hand over her mouth, “Sorry, did I just say that out loud?”
The man laughed, “Don’t worry. I’ve been called it a million times before.”

1.2 Sheltered

The Doctor takes Beth back in time when suddenly the TARDIS is pulled towards a location- a trench during WW1. As if that's not bad enough, soldiers are mysteriously being killed in the trenches and it's not from the warfare...

1.3 Barcelona

The Doctor finally follows a life long dream and takes Beth to Barcelona - the planet! They explore the unusual environment when suddenly they learn the horrific truth about the dogs with no noses...

1.4 A Sticky Situation/ 1.5 The Forgotten Planet

The Doctor takes Beth to a concert at Glastonbury and amongst the mud and crowds, something is lurking...

1.6 The Doctor's Choice

In his 900 years of life the Doctor has had to make many tough choices, but now he is tested to his limit, he has to decide who lives and who dies...

1.7 Race Against Time

The Doctor usually has all the time in the world, but not in this adventure. His companion Beth has been put in great danger and if he doesn't act quickly, she may die...

1.8 Creatures of the Night/ 1.9 Remember Me?

A feast for most people would be a Sunday roast, but not for the aliens the Doctor and Beth come across. Their ideal banquet is human thoughts and memories, but will the travellers find themselves being Dish of the Day?

1.10 Role Reversal

On a distant planet, Beth is attacked and soon finds herself in a completely different situation...

1.11 Home

The Doctor takes Beth home to visit her family, but a mysterious atmosphere is about...

1.12 TBA/ 1.13 Betrayal

Episode 12s title is being kept secret; it gives away a lot! The synopsis for this episode will be revealed soon!


Story Arcs

There will be some hints and clues to look out for during the series so read closely!


Exclusive Interview!

Will: Hello Bex. After hearing this exciting news, can you tell us why you started to make these stories?

Bex: Hello. I've always enjoyed writing stories and I wanted to make something big, so I came up with the idea for the series which I'm really excited about!

Will: So do you have any inspiration for these stories?

Bex: Not really, it's just plots that randomnly come up in my end most of the time.

Will: Great. So can you reveal any plots or story arcs?

Bex: Er... the short answer is no. (laughs)

Will: Damn. (laughs) So tell me about Beth Wright- is she based on anyone you know, or any characteristics you have?

Bex: Not really, I just made her up as I went along. She is quite a strong character as readers will see.

Will: So can you tell us anything about her first episode; The Wright Choice?

Bex: It's an episode which introduces Beth and gives a bit about her background. Obviously she meets the Doctor but what happens between them you'll have to wait and see.

Will: I'm sure everyone can't wait. Another thing we all wait for is the relationship between Beth and the Doctor. Is it a love story? How do they get on?

Bex: You'll have to wait and see. All I can say is that it varies; sometimes they argue, others they get on fine.

Will: Who would you say she is most like: Rose, Martha or Donna?

Bex: She has certain qualities from all of them.

Will: Fantastic. Are there going to be any returning faces? Will we glimpse the Daleks or Cybermen? Or prehaps a new monster, twice?

Bex: Oh you ask the most tough questions... I don't want to give too much away. I'll just say there are a variety of enemies.

Will: This certainly is a grilling interview... I'd like to know more about the writer herself: what's your current favourite music?

Bex: Blimey I have so many great albums on my iPod.. I just love lots of pop from Leona Lewis to Kylie.

Will: If you were stuck on a desert island, and could only have one companion, who would it be and why?

Bex: The Doctor. Need I say why?

Will: (laughs) I don't think so. What's your favourite Doctor Who episode and why?

Bex: All of them are amazing but Doomsday stood out for me; it really affected me, the story was just so sad.

Will: So is Rose your favourite companion?

Bex: Yes, although she seemed different during Series 4.. I'm not sure I liked her in those episodes...

Will: I agree; she became a bit too mysterious. So, back to the stories. Are you planning a second series if all goes well?

Bex: Yes. I'd love to do a new series with another companion.

Will: So Beth isn't staying?

Bex: Nope. I suppose I just gave a lot away there...

Will: I'm sure it wont spoil our enjoyment of the series. What would you say to anyone thinking of writing their own fanfic series?

Bex: Go for it, it's nice to see people with imagination.

Will: How popular do you see these stories becoming? How do you plan to deal with any negative comments?

Bex: I don't think they'll be that popular, it's something I'm doing for fun really. I'll be putting a CBox up for comments, but I don't expect anything much. Good comments will be a bonus to be honest!

Will: Well I'll come on and congratulate you! Can you tell me anything about episode 6, which has particularly struck my attention?

Bex: Well I wanted to write a story that would effect the Doctor greatly, and I think this one does the job.

Will: Is this an echo to Mr Copper's words in Voyage of the Damned? ("But if you could choose, Doctor, if you decide who lives and who dies... that would make you a monster.")

Bex: Yes, that was my inspiration, well spotted!

Will: Thanks. Will we ever see Beth's family?

Bex: Yes, in episode 11 'Home.'

Will: Who does Beth's family consist of? Does she have a Father? Any brothers or sisters?

Bex: Well Beth's family situation is complicated which is the reason for many things she says and does during the series.

Will: Oh? Can you tell me more?

Bex: Nope. Haha

Will: So much mystery... What's the situation with Beth's job? Why is she trying to find the Doctor?

Bex: What makes you think she's trying to find him?

Will: From the preview above!

Bex: Ah. Well like I said, it'll be revealed later on in the series!

Will: Well I'm sure there's a reason about you remaining tight lipped... Thanks for the interview: it was fantastic! One final question: What happens to Beth: why does she leave?

Bex: You know my answer... Haha

Will: Ah well, it was worth a try... Thanks again, I'm sure lots of people will read the interview and be intrigued, I hope you get plenty of readers! Bye!

Bex: Thanks, I hope so too. Bye!

2 comments:

Becky 23 September 2008 at 19:16  

THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bex
The-OncomingStorm

Will 23 September 2008 at 19:18  

lol my pleasure. it's always nice to have an exclusive anyway! :)

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP