Sunday 7 September 2008

Mini ep. 9: Go Fish

Mini-ep 9 GO FISH!

Starring: the doctor and Georgia
With: Conner and Zac
And: Mr Flounders, Joe Cod and the fish!


The TARDIS landed on a rainy road. Zac got out first followed by Georgia and Conner, then the doctor.
“Doctor you said, future, warm and sunny beautiful weather, calm sea”, Georgia said turning and looking at the doctor annoyed.
“Did I, well I did say England didn’t I”, the doctor said.
“I should have suspected that in England it would be rainy”, Zac said.
“Yeah you should”, Conner said, “I’m being grouchy again aren’t I”.
“Yes Conner, you are”, Georgia said. The road that the doctor had parked the TARDIS on was on the edge of the cliff and all you could see was the foggy sea.

“Doctor are you sure we haven’t gone to the past by accident”, Conner asked.
“Of course I’m sure, wait a moment”, the doctor said leading the crew around a corner in the cliff-road.
“Wowww”, Zac exclaimed as he saw the seaside town.

It was shining in the sunlight, a beautifully shaped, huge, glass statue stood in the centre of the town, surrounded by several real fishing boats. The town itself looked old but it obviously wasn’t because it sparkled and it didn’t look that 3D. On the sea were hundreds of tiny fishing vessels.

“Doctor that seaside town how come it looks old but its sparkling”, Georgia asked.
“I don’t understand”, Conner said.
“Well it’s a picture made of”, the doctor began.
“Which means that town might have shops”, Georgia interrupted and ran down the slope.

“Georgia the ground looks really slippy and you’re not exactly wearing grippy shoes”, Zac shouted, “ah too late!” Georgia slipped and fell in a muddy puddle.
“Doctor what are you looking at?” Conner asked.
“That dark shape in the water, looks like a fish but isn’t”, the doctor said.
“It could be a large fish”, Zac suggested.
“It has legs”, Conner said.
“Can someone help me please”, Georgia said slipping again.
“Wait a minute”, the doctor said thinking, “We need to get to the town, come on Georgia”. The doctor walked past Georgia.
“So no-one cares that I’m covered in mud”, Georgia said annoyed.
“Well they are your clothes”, Conner said.
“Conner, I’ll go off…” Georgia began but then stood up brushed herself down and followed the doctor without another word. Zac understood what was going on and walked past Conner smiling.

5 minutes later they were in a pub drinking juice. The age rate had gone up rather a lot since 2008.
“These tables are so clean”, Georgia said.
“They should be, they were cleaned by robots”, the doctor said.
“Wow, so in the future doctor does everyone get robots”, Georgia asked.
“Well most public places have robots clean them by the 40th century”, the doctor explained.
“It takes us that long to get robots in these places and wait, we’re in the 40th century”, Zac asked.
“Yes 3934 to be exact”, the doctor said, “And remember the government lost a lot of they’re money in the 30th century and the country became very poor. They didn’t have enough money to get all these robots until recently”.

“Doctor remind me why we aren’t shopping”, Georgia questioned the doctor.
“I will remind you now”, the doctor said, “Excuse me”. The doctor poked a man sitting on the next table he was almost bald with large eyes and rotting teeth.
“Fishermen look the same then”, Conner said.
“I know nice a fisherman who doesn't have rotting teeth don't be stereotypical”, Georgia said but was interrupted.
“Yar, what do ye wan’”, the man asked.
“I’m the doctor”, the doctor told the man, “I don’t suppose, you’ve seen a fish recently, I mean a large fish with legs instead of a tail fin”.
“Yar I ‘ave no-one can catch it though”, the man said, “I’m Joe Cod”.
“Well I think I can help you catch it”, the doctor said smiling.
“No way no-one can catch that thing”, Joe Cod said.
“Well you haven’t gone fishing with me”, the doctor said.

10 minutes later the doctor, Conner, Georgia, Zac, Joe Cod and two other shipmates were aboard a fishing vessel heading to find the two legged fish.
“Never mind the mud”, Georgia shouted over the waves crashing, “What about this water?” A wave knocked the boat throwing Georgia to the other side and getting her soaked along with Zac.

“Doctarrr”, said Mr. Flounders, one of the two shipmates, “Arrr ye sure ye can catch this ‘ere fish”.
“Of course I can I’m tracing it using this err device”, the doctor said pointing to his sonic screwdriver which was bleeping.
“How many things can that device do?” Zac asked Conner.
“Well the doctor did once say setting 937 so I’m guessing about a thousand”, Conner replied.
“OK”, Zac replied as he slid across to the other side of the boat.

“Doctor it couldn’t be a blowfish”, Georgia asked the doctor.
“Maybe, but I don’t think blowfish swim like that”, the doctor answered.

Meanwhile, Joe Cod and Mr. Flounders were having a quite conversation.
“We carrrrn’t trust them”, Mr. Flounders said, “No-one comes to find the fish with devices like that”.
“But if they catch it then we’ll keep the fish”, Joe Cod said.
“What if they keep it for themselves”, Mr. Flounders asked.
“Then we’ll have to rock the boat and they’ll soon fall in”, Joe Cod said then laughed evilly.
“I’ve found the fish”, the doctor shouted from the other end of the boat.
“Arr harr”, Mr. Flounders said.
“Put out the nets you two”, Joe ordered Zac and Conner. They pushed out the nets. It only took a few minutes before they catched the fish and pulled up the nets.

“Doctor it could be an alien”, Georgia suggested, “That could kill us”. They pulled up the fish and it plopped on deck. It was a humanoid shape with a fish head. The fish got back up and took of its head.
“I knew it was an alien”, Georgia screamed, “It can take off its head”. In place of the head was an annoyed looking female human’s head.
“Why did you try and catch me?” the lady asked.
“Cause we thought you were a weird alien fish”, Zac answered.
“Or a human in a fish costume with a scuba diving kit”, Conner said quickly.

“I was exploring the wildlife by pretending to be a giant fish. Then all the animals would accept me”, the lady said, “And if you don’t mind”.
“Wait won’t you get eaten by sharks in that”, Conner asked.
“Don’t be stupid, there aren’t any huge fish eaters around there hasn’t been any global warming or anything”, the lady said as she got back in the costume.
“Reminds me of the man in a mushroom costume”, Georgia said, the doctor grinned but the lady frowned and dived back into the sea.

“So there was no fish”, Joe Cod asked.
“Or no money”, Mr. Flounders said.
“’fraid so”, the doctor answered, “Ah well you’d better take us back to shore”.
“Arrr we will”, Joe Cod said.

When the four got back to shore they went and had some fish and chips.
“So I wonder if that lady sees finding Nemo”, Conner wondered aloud.
“His name isn’t finding Nemo it’s just Nemo”, Zac replied.
“My name’s Dory and this is my story I live in the reef and I don’t like Beef”, Georgia sang, Zac and the doctor stared at her and Conner laughed.
“Well lets get going”, the doctor said quickly.
“Wait we need to go shopping”, Georgia said, “I saw these matching silvery jackets that we can all wear, it will be great”.
“Zac what are you doing with those ketchup sachets”, Conner asked.
“Putting it in my pockets”, Zac said, “That was the best ketchup I’ve ever tasted I want it on my next fish and chips”.

So Zac, Conner and the doctor followed Georgia into the shiny but wet city centre.


THE END

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP