Sunday 15 February 2009

VTV Series Episode 4: Bang Bang

Chris Fulton ran as fast as he could. He was scared; his lovelies hadn’t done anything like this before. His binoculars slapped against him as he ran across the muddy field. The stile was so far away – he’d never make it. Behind him he saw the distinctive glow of his lovelies’ eyes. They were usually so peaceful, just scampering about, enjoying themselves, but now they were feral, and hungry. Oh so hungry… And it looked like Chris was next on the menu.

TARDIS Entry 1 – Katie’s Ipod

I detected some Earth machinery when the Doctor invited Katie Parker on board. I realised it was an Ipod, and being a humble scanner, I did my job for the main TARDIS circuit, and looked at the songs programmed into it. The first one I found was by a 21st Century artist known as Lady GaGa. The song was called Beautiful, Dirty, Rich and had quite a catchy verse, which began with ‘Bang Bang’. Err-Errro-Error-

Bang Bang… they are coming… Bang Bang… they are nearly here… Bang Bang… they’ve arrived.


The Doctor and Katie Parker were sat on the TARDIS chair. Katie rested her head on the Doctor’s shoulder, looking sad. The Doctor had a glazed, defeated look on his face. It had been nearly forty-five minutes since the TARDIS failed. The Doctor didn’t know what to do, and Katie was worried that they would be stuck nowhere forever.

“What do we do now?” Katie asked, for the ninth time.
“I dunno. I’m so sorry, Katie. If there’s anyway I can make it up to you...” the Doctor said quietly.
“I would say take me to Hawaii but we can’t go anywhere. How about showing me around?” Katie asked.
“The TARDIS? Yeah, if you like. Not today though, the other doors have shut,” the Doctor said.
“What do you mean, the other doors are shut?” Katie asked nervously.
“When the TARDIS failed the doors sealed, so we’re trapped here, in the console room,” the Doctor said. “I could break the seals tomorrow, but not today cos it takes time.”
“So we’ve got no food, no water, nothing to do…” Katie said numbly.
“We’ve just got to wait,” the Doctor said apologetically.
“We could… Maybe go outside?” Katie asked, grinning slightly, despite the situation.
“Ohhh. Go on… Just a quick look… I won’t tell anyone…” the Doctor said reluctantly.

Katie stood up and walked round the console. She ran her fingers along the many buttons and levers on the console. The TARDIS dimly hummed appreciatively. Katie walked over to the doors. She reached for the handles, and pulled the double doors to the blue box open. She stepped backwards as sunlight poured into the TARDIS. The Doctor saw the sunlight and ran over to Katie.

“What’s that?” the Doctor asked.
“Sunlight…” Katie breathed. “We’re outside…”
“Where though…?” the Doctor asked, dashing outside.

The TARDIS had parked in between cars along a busy street. He dashed over to a car and picked up a newspaper that was blowing along the road. Katie ran up to him. Peering over her shoulder, she tried to read the headline.

‘Lucky Escape for Nature Nerd.”

“What’s the date?” Katie asked. “And where are we anyway?”
“We’re in London,” the Doctor said. “Earth, London, the Solar System, I did it!”
“Well, the STARDIS did it,” Katie said, grinning at the Doctor’s uselessness.

The Doctor poked his tongue at her. Katie punched his arm lightly. The Doctor rubbed his arm, frowning in pain.

“It’s 2009!” the Doctor said.
“Yay!” Katie said, hopping around slightly. “So what’s this about a Nature Nerd?”
“Nature Nerd escapes death after outrunning a group of man eating badgers that he claimed were trying to kill him,” the Doctor read.
“What?!” Katie asked. “Does this sort of thing always happen in Britain?”
“No, it doesn’t. We don’t get man eating badgers. This happened near by,” the Doctor said. “I think we’d better check it out.”
“How are we gonna get there?” Katie asked mischievously.
“Well… There’s… We’re getting the bus,” the Doctor said glumly.

Lucy Brown grabbed her notebook and pen, and hurried across the car park to the tent by the large building. She pulled back the folds of the tent, and stepped inside. Sitting on a chair with a cup of coffee, sat Chris Fulton with his grey hair, knitted jumper, binoculars, wellies and hat. He was definitely a nature nerd, Lucy thought to herself. She hoped to get a good story out of him. Settling herself down on the chair next to Chris, Lucy Brown began the interview.

Mae looked across the bus at the two people talking about badgers. The man was tall and handsome, with a long brown coat, and the girl was shorter and pretty, with an American accent. The blonde girl saw Mae looking and smiled at her. She leaned over.

“Excuse me,” Katie said to the elderly woman. “Do you know which stop we’d have to get off at to go to the Theraflu Club?”
“Four stops more, I think,” Mae said. “Why are you going there? Wasn’t that where that man was attacked?”
“Yes it was,” Katie said, not revealing anymore.
“May I ask, what’s your name?” Mae asked.
“Katie,” Katie said. “Katie Parker. And this is the Doctor.”

She pointed to the handsome man. Mae nodded at him.

“I’m Mae,” Mae said.
“Lovely!” the Doctor said.

“I dunno what happened,” Chris said to Lucy. “I was sat in the field with the binoculars, watching them, when I spotted Benjy and Sally running towards me.”
“Benjy and Sally?” Lucy asked.
“Two of me badgers,” Chris said. “Benjy has a white patch on his left ear, and Sally has large white shadings around her face.”
“Ah,” Lucy said, raising her eyebrows slightly. “And what did you do?”
“I stood up, trying to see what was wrong, I thought there was a fox, and they were running to me for protection,” Chris said.
“And was there a fox?” Lucy asked.
“No, but me lovelies had a strange yellow glint in their eyes,” Chris said, remembering the night. “More of me badgers started coming towards me. I got scared and ran.”
“Then what happened?” Lucy asked.
“I saw a bright yellow light from behind the hill,” Chris said. “I didn’t stop to look at me lovelies, I just knew I had to get to the stile and get over it.”
“And did you?” Lucy asked.
“Well of course I did, you bloody woman! I’m here aren’t I?” Chris said angrily.
“Sorry, of course you are,” Lucy said, taken aback.
“What a lovely story!” said a voice from the entrance to the tent.

The voice belonged to a tall man who entered the room, accompanied by a blonde girl and an elderly woman. The Doctor pulled up a chair next to Chris, while Katie sat down beside Lucy.

“I’m the Doctor,” the Doctor said. “And these two are Katie and Mae.”
“I tagged along,” Mae added.

Katie caught the Doctor’s eye and grinned. Mae seemed not to notice.

“Listen, I heard your story, and I think I can help,” the Doctor said.
“I was told I was to be the only interviewee!” Lucy said, standing up to confront the Doctor.
“I’m not a reporter,” the Doctor said darkly.

Bang bang… A glint of yellow, outside the tent. Bang bang… Viscous teeth, desperate for food. Bang bang… One hundred badgers tearing the tent with the Doctor and Katie in to pieces…

To be continued...

3 comments:

Becky 16 February 2009 at 18:43  

Lol what a cool chapter, I love Lady GaGa. And you love Katie. Mwa ha ha!

Becky
The-OncomingStorm

Will 16 February 2009 at 18:54  

She's cute, she keeps calling the TARDIS the STARDIS! :P You can't not love her, she's cracking. (lol)

Becky 16 February 2009 at 18:58  

I won't lie to you, Carlisle's better. By a mile. But I don't wanna judge.

Bex
CarlisleisbetterthanEllebyamile.com

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP