Wednesday 25 February 2009

Episode X: The Boy Who Santa Claus Forgot Part 6

“Doctor do you agree or not?” Teresa asked, “Take us in the TARDIS or watch your friends die?” The Doctor nodded and then There was a whirring of machinery from above. The Doctor looked up to see the TARDIS being lowered from the ceiling. It landed in the centre of the room.

“After you”, Teresa said, and the Doctor opened the TARDIS doors and walked in, Teresa followed him with a group of Cybermen.


Back in Mr. Core’s office, Mr. Core explained how he knew Rob Slater’s dad, who was also called Rob.
“Rob Slater, your dad, was my best friend”, Mr. Core explained, “We had both suffered bad childhoods. Rob had been mixed up in a hospital; his parents took the wrong baby home, and the mother of the other baby didn’t want it, so Rob was put up for adoption. He lived at an orphanage, where he never received any presents for Christmas, like me, he was then sent to the same boarding school as me”.
“I never knew my dad had such a bad childhood”, Rob said.

“I thought I was the boy who Santa Claus Forgot”, Mr. Core said, “But he was. Me and him were friends for a very long time, but then his parents found him. They had been searching and searching for him for years, as soon as they had found out there had been a mix up at the hospital”.
“Then he had me with my mum, but she left him and moved to America”, Rob continued, “But he died when I was 3. My Aunt and Uncle brought me up, as soon as I was 16, though, I moved out. And I slowly lost contact with my Aunt and Uncle and my cousins. But one of my cousins died a few months ago too”.

“What is the point of all this storytelling?” PC Walsh asked.

“My dad would hate you if he knew what you were doing!” Rob said.
“But he would know how I feel”, Mr. Core replied, “This should happen. I have to leave. Once 100 000 Cybermen live, I can leave the Earth”.
“But why do you want to leave the Earth?” PC Walsh asked.
“Because everyone hates me”, Mr. Core replied.
“No they don’t”, Rob said quietly, “But they will if you don’t stop this!”
“I can’t”, Mr. Core said, “I promised Teresa”.
“Do you really think she’ll keep her side of the bargain?” Rob asked and Mr. Core did not reply.

“You’ve got to stop the upgrading!” PC Walsh ordered.
“I can get all the Cybermen here”, Mr. Core said, “Then I can order them to stop the upgrading and to destroy the machines. And Teresa isn’t here!”
“Is there some way of halting the Cybermen, so everyone can get away from the factory”, Rob asked, “Then you can get them all here. They may not like your orders and mutiny”.
“They won’t mutiny”, Mr. Core replied.
“How do you know?” PC Walsh asked. Mr. Core shrugged and pushed a button. The Cybermen froze on the spot. Elizabeth and Colin were walking down a street, towards the Marr factory when they looked around and saw that the Cybermen were not moving. Everyone else looked around and were not sure whether to be scared or happy.

“What’s going on?” Colin asked.
“I don’t know”, Elizabeth replied, “But while they’re frozen I think we should all get away from the Cybermen”.
“Everyone come on”, Colin said and hundreds of feet could be heard running away from the Marr factory. Inside the factory people were running away from the upgrading machines and ran through the doors of the factory, past the metal gate and the Cybermen who had been guarding it and as far away as possible.

“That should be long enough”, Mr. Core said, as he looked out the window to see the last few people running from the factory.
“Why didn’t you stop earlier?” Rob asked.
“Because I was so scared of Teresa”, Mr. Core asked, pressing a button which made the Cybermen move again.

“An order for all Cybermen”, Mr. Core said into a microphone, “Return to the factory. We stop the upgrading”. The message was heard by all Cybermen and they all began to march back to the factory. Suddenly, two Cybermen marched into the room.

“What is going on?” a Cyberman asked.
“It was a power failure, its come back now”, Mr. Core said, “I’m taking these to the main upgrading room. The upgrading must stop for now”. Mr. Core walked out of the room followed by PC Walsh and Rob Slater. The two Cybermen followed them.


The TARDIS was in flight zooming through the vortex. Inside the TARDIS the Cybermen stood around the TARDIS console not moving a muscle. Teresa was smiling widely again.
“So Doctor where first?” Teresa asked, as if she was a companion, “I thought Washington”.
“I thought not”, the Doctor replied.
“Oh, so you’re all ready on your way to Downing Street or Buckingham palace?” Teresa asked her smile faltering slightly. The Doctor did not reply as the TARDIS stopped.

“Teresa”, the Doctor said, “Hold on tight”. Teresa frowned but grabbed onto a part of the TARDIS.
“Where are we?” Teresa demanded, “Where?” The Doctor did not answer again, but pressed a button and the doors opened revealing that the TARDIS was outside a black hole. As soon as the doors opened there was a whooshing sound as the Cybermen were sucked into the black hole along with a pair of scissors that the Doctor had left on the console. Teresa was holding on to the console very tightly, the Doctor was holding tightly too until he pressed a button and the whooshing noise stopped.

“My pair of scissors!” the Doctor exclaimed.
“You sent the Cybermen into a black hole!” Teresa said, “Did you want to kill me too?”
“No, I want to show you something else”, the Doctor replied as he pushed a lever and the TARDIS went into flight again.
“Doctor, stop this at once!” Teresa ordered, “Or I will be forced to kill you! But first I’ll kill your friends”.

“How are you supposed to contact the other Cybermen so you can kill my friends?” the Doctor asked. Teresa looked like she’d been slapped round the face. She sat down on the TARDIS seat with a sulky look on her face.
“Here we are”, the Doctor replied, as the TARDIS stopped again.

“Where are we?” Teresa asked, “Are you going to push me into a nebula? Or take me to some planet with 99% Nitrogen air, where I will die! You must know Teratjulajians cannot have too much nitrogen I only just survived on Earth, I had to have lots of medicine”.
“You’re a Teratjulajian?” the Doctor asked.
“Well obviously, why would I mention them if I wasn’t one!” Teresa replied.

“This planet has the same nitrogen as Earth”, the Doctor said. The Doctor walked over to the TARDIS doors and opened them. He walked out of the TARDIS onto a busy street. He could see cars metal cars flying overhead and robots cleaning the streets. The people walking on the streets were humans and the odd alien. Teresa walked out of the TARDIS.

“This is Earth”, Teresa said, “In the far future”.
“You know the Cybermen can’t kill off humanity”, the Doctor said, “Because here we are, I don’t see any Cybermen about”.
“I’m sorry”, Teresa said, her face was blank, “Goodbye Doctor”. The Doctor nodded and Teresa walked away from the TARDIS down the futuristic street, where she would find a better life, friends and honesty.


Back inside the factory Mr. Core entered the main part of the factory, followed by PC Walsh and Rob Slater. They found Georgia, Zac and Kaylie standing by the Cybermen. There were hundreds of silent Cybermen packed at the back of the large room.

“Why are these three out of their cells?” Mr. Core asked as he entered.
“That’s Georgia! She’s my cousin!” Rob said, “Let her and her friends go!”
“Let them go”, Mr. Core ordered.
“Thank you”, Georgia said, but a Cyberman grabbed her from behind. They grabbed Zac and Kaylie too.
“Let me go!” Kaylie screamed, “You heard your leader!”

Mr. Core turned around and saw that the doors were blocked by two Cybermen.
“We no longer serve Mr. Core”, a Cyberman with black handlebars said, stepping forward, “Teresa has gone and you are not suitable for leadership. The humans have escaped so we must have emergency upgrades”.

“PC Walsh”, Rob whispered, “I can see a water boiler over there, if I break it water will spill all over the floor. It may damage the Cybermen’s circuits. There’s the power switch as well”.
“But it might not”, PC Walsh whispered back.
“It could save our lives”, Rob replied, as he ran for the water boiler which was hidden in the corner. He didn’t really know what he was going to do, he didn’t have a weapon to smash the boiler with, and what if it didn’t work? But Rob did not have much time to think.

“Rob!” Georgia exclaimed.
“Delete!” a Cyberman said stepping forward and killing Rob Slater, right before he reached the boiler.
“You didn’t have to kill him!” Georgia shouted, “You monsters!”

“Mr. Core you will be first to be upgraded”, the Cyberman with black handlebars said.
“Will I at least be a Cyber-Leader?” Mr. Core asked.
“No”, the Cyberman replied bluntly. Two Cyberman grabbed Mr. Core by his arms and dragged him over to the upgrading machines. They pushed Mr. Core into the machine and he screamed, the door at the back of the metal cubicle opened and a tall Cyberman stepped out.

“You are next”, the Cyberman said, pointing at Kaylie.
“No you can’t!” Zac shouted struggling against the Cyberman holding him. Kaylie looked like she was about to faint. The Cybermen holding her began to drag her towards the Upgrading cubicles. Then a scraping noise filled the air and the TARDIS landed by the power switch and the boiler.

“Doctor!” Georgia shouted, as the Cyberman pushed Kaylie into the upgrading machine. Kaylie looked up and saw knives, saws and other sharp instruments descending on her. The Doctor opened the doors of the TARDIS and ran out, observing the scene. Kaylie screamed loudly as the sharp equipment got closer to her head. The Doctor pushed the power button and the machine stopped. Zac broke free of the Cyberman and opened the metal cubicle’s door to find Kaylie looking breathless and a knife, centre-metres from her head. Kaylie rushed out of the cubicle and hugged Zac, who saw the Doctor smiling. Georgia also broke free of the Cybermen and rushed at the Doctor.

“Right then, Cybermen”, the Doctor said, “I give you a chance, I know you won’t take it, but still I give you it. I can give you a planet to live on, and you can leave these humans alone. PC Walsh broke free of the Cybermen holding him and ran to the doors of the TARDIS, where Zac, Kaylie and Georgia were standing.
“We refuse any offer you make”, the Cyber-Leader replied, “Kill them!” The Cybermen advanced and Georgia, Zac, Kaylie and PC Walsh rushed into the TARDIS.

“Bye then Cybermen!” the Doctor said, pulling out his sonic screwdriver. A high pitched sound was heard and all the doors around the room slammed shut. They had been locked by the Doctor’s screwdriver. The Doctor rushed into the TARDIS past a shocked PC Walsh, and pulled a lever on the TARDIS console. The TARDIS landed in the reception area of the factory. The Doctor rushed out again followed by the four humans.

“What’s that noise?” Georgia asked, a loud banging noise could be heard from nearby. The Doctor pointed at a door and Georgia walked up to it. She was shocked to see a Cyberman’s face at it.
“What did you do?” Kaylie asked.
“I locked the Cyberman in that room”, the Doctor replied.
“Brilliant!” Zac exclaimed.

“Now first things first”, the Doctor said, “Where’s Mr. Core?”
“He’s been upgraded”, PC Walsh replied, “And where’s that Teresa?”
“She’s gone”, the Doctor said, “I took her to the future and she stayed there”. Georgia smiled.
“And Rob’s dead”, PC Walsh said, “He tried to stop the Cyberman”.

“Oh the Rob you knew Georgia?” the Doctor asked, “I’m sorry, I knew he was your boyfriend…”
“What?” Georgia said, “He’s my cousin! My mum’s maiden name is Slater, my mums brother, Rob died a while ago now. He was mixed up when he was a baby”.
“Mr. Core said that”, PC Walsh explained, “And that he was his best friend when they were younger”.
“I’m very sorry Georgia”, the Doctor said and Georgia nodded. There was silence for a few minutes, in which the Doctor examined the doors that lead into the main factory room.

“How are we going to defeat the Cybermen?” Zac asked, “I mean we know they can be defeated with gold but how can we get the gold into the room”.
“There’s loads of gold, packed in boxes in that skip outside”, Kaylie said.

“I’ve got an idea”, PC Walsh said, “If we can turn the gold into gold dust using some machine, then we could pour the gold dust into the fans above the room that the Cyberman are trapped in. There are four huge fans above that room, if we put the gold into the fans then turn them on, the gold dust will be wafted into the room”. “And it will get into the Cybermen’s air vents”, the Doctor finished, “That’s a brilliant idea! Well let’s get to work!” So they did get to work. PC Walsh and the Doctor turned the gold into tiny gold pieces and Zac took boxes of gold dust up to Kaylie and Georgia who poured it into the fans. Some pieces fell onto the Cybermen below and Kaylie said she saw a couple of Cybermen fall over, dead.

“Ready to turn on the fans?” the Doctor asked as he brought the last box to Georgia.
“I’m ready!” Georgia replied. PC Walsh switched the fans on and the gold dust zoomed around the Cybermen in the room below. The Cybermen fell to the ground.

“No!” the Cyber-Leader shouted, “We have been defeated!”


It was evening so the TARDIS crew returned to the TARDIS with PC Walsh. The TARDIS materialised at the police station. PC Walsh walked out of the doors.
“DI Blakely’s fallen asleep”, PC Walsh said, as he saw DI Blakely snoring by the police station’s telephone.
“Well done PC Walsh”, the Doctor said stepping out of the TARDIS, “Very few people have seen the inside of my ship, you’re very lucky. You had a brilliant idea there. I hope you get promoted”.
“Thank you Doctor”, PC Walsh replied, “But who are you?”
“I’m here and there”, the Doctor replied, as he stepped back into the TARDIS and it dematerialised in front of PC Walsh’s eyes. The TARDIS then appeared outside Georgia’s parents’ house. The TARDIS crew stepped out of the TARDIS and Elizabeth and Colin rushed out of their house and greeted them.

“Did you do it?” Elizabeth asked, “Did you save the world again?”
“Yes we did”, Georgia said smiling.
“I’d better be going Doctor”, Zac said, “I need to get home, or I’ll miss tea! Life goes on as usual!”
“I’d better be going too”, Kaylie added, “We’ll try and see you Boxing Day”.

“Zac, are you Zac Pemberton?” Elizabeth asked quickly.
“Yes”, Zac replied, “Why?”
“Oh, your mum and I are friends”, Elizabeth replied.
“Are you Elizabeth Bell?” Zac asked.
“Yes, say hello to your mum”, Elizabeth said smiling.
“Bye Zac”, Georgia muttered, and the Doctor waved as Zac and Kaylie returned to their homes. Then a single white snowflake landed on Georgia’s shoulder, this was then followed by more snowflakes.

“Its snowing!” the Doctor exclaimed, but after a few seconds the snow had turned to rain, “Ah well, I guess they’ll never be a white Christmas”.
“Doctor, I think you’re invited to Christmas Dinner!” Georgia said.
“Yes! You must come!” Elizabeth exclaimed and the Doctor frowned then smiled. He nodded and Georgia led the Doctor into her parents’ house. Elizabeth started telling the Doctor what they would be having for Christmas Dinner and Colin sighed.

THE END

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP