Wednesday 1 April 2009

Mini ep. 3: Hungry Hag

Starring: The Doctor and Georgia
With: Urun
And: The Hag

“Doctor!” Georgia shouted as she ran down the metallic staircase. On the wall of the staircase, there were small windows, through those windows a dark night could be seen.
“Georgia!” The Doctor called running up the stairs towards Georgia. They met halfway down the stairs and hugged.
“We need to get out of here”, Georgia said, “I was upstairs and I heard a screeching sound”.
“I heard a screeching noise downstairs”, the Doctor replied.
“We need to get to the TARDIS”, Georgia squeeked.
“Downstairs!” the Doctor said, and began to run down the stairs followed by Georgia. Suddenly, a loud screeching noise filled the air.
“What is it?” Georgia asked.
“I have no idea, certainly not from future earth”, the Doctor said. They ran down stairs and onto a hallway. The walls had been rusted by age, but you could also see blackened parts on the wall, as if there had been an explosion.

“And where are we anyway?” Georgia asked, “And when?”
“We’re on Earth, in some sort of an abandoned warehouse, in England”, the Doctor explained, “And we’re in the future”. The Doctor walked along a corridor followed closely by Georgia, who was getting jumpier by the second and let out a quiet scream, when the screeching noise returned.

“Why was this place abandoned?” Georgia asked, “Is it because of the screeching thing?”
“I doubt it”, the Doctor said, “This place was probably abandoned before the screeching thing came here”. They continued to walk down the corridor. The Doctor turned the corner and saw the TARDIS but standing in front of it was a man, who looked like he’d nearly died of fright.

“Doctor, he looks frightened to death!” Georgia shrieked and ran over to him, “It was probably the screeching noise. It’s terrifying”.
“Are you OK?” the Doctor asked the man crouching beside him.
“What’s your name?” Georgia asked.
“Urun”, Urun answered and shuddered as another screech was heard.
“There’s something here”, the man stuttered, obviously still terrified.
“We know”, Georgia told Urun, “Where are you from?”
“Not from here”, Urun said, “I’ve been wandering the west wilds for a long time”.
“Doctor what’s the west wild?” Georgia asked, the Doctor didn’t reply.

“Do you have any idea what the screeching noise is?” the Doctor asked.
“I-I”, Urun said breathing deeply.
“Shhh, you don’t have to talk if you don’t want to”, Georgia told him, “Why don’t you come inside, where it is safe”.
“No, I know what it”, Urun began but stopped, and began to breath quicker and quicker.
“What is it?” the Doctor questioned, “Please, I need to know what it is so I can stop it”.
“Nothing can stop it”, Urun said, “She’s evil, vile, ugly. She’ll kill you, that’s what she did to the others”. Georgia gasped.
“What others?” the Doctor asked, the man pointed behind him at a trail of blood.

“Doctor, was that there when we landed?” Georgia asked.
“Yes it was”, the Doctor said shortly.
“Then why didn’t you tell me you saw some blood?” Georgia asked, “You see some blood and think, should I keep Georgia away from the trouble? NO!”
“I presumed it was from”, the Doctor began but stopped.
“From when?” Georgia questioned.
“A long time ago”, the Doctor replied quickly, “Now what is this women?”
“Her”, the man said and began to shake. The Doctor and Georgia turned to see the women, draped in grey, with tatty brown hair, an ugly wrinkled face, pointed teeth, claws, beneath her dress, Georgia could see large aged feet, with huge toes.

“It’s the wicked witch of the west”, Georgia said.
“A hag”, the Doctor said pointing at it.
“Correct”, the hag snarled, “You’re cleverer than these other humans”.
“I know”, the Doctor said.

“Who is he?” Urun asked.
“He’s the Doctor”, Georgia answered.
“Doctor’s can’t cure me!” the hag shrieked and cackled.
“Cure you of what?” the Doctor asked, “Is it some disease that you’ve caught that makes you look that ugly”. Georgia rolled her eyes.

“Don’t encourage it!” Georgia ordered.
“Oh so I’m it now am I”, the Hag snarled and vanished.
“Where’s it gone?” Urun asked, scared, “It’s gonna kill us all! It’s gonna kill us!”
“DOCTOR!” Georgia screamed as the hag appeared right behind Georgia.

“I repeat, what can I cure you of?” the Doctor asked.
“My hunger!” the hag replied, “I can drink a river of blood and still be thirsty, I eat more humans and yet I am still hungry. I don’t eat for a month and I don’t die!”
“I reckon she’s from that spooky planet!” Georgia interrupted.
“I can help you, just tell me your species”, the Doctor told the hag.
“As I’ve said, you can’t help me!” the hag screeched, and vanished again, letting out another screeching sound.

“It’s gone again!” Urun stuttered, “Get away from here!”
“Come out hag!” the Doctor said, “I’ve saved many people’s lives before”.
“Yes but not in that way”, Georgia pointed out.
“You’d be surprised”, the Doctor said, “Now where are you? I want to help you”. There was another screeching sound and the hag appeared on the TARDIS roof.

“I’ve had Doctors try to cure me before”, the hag said, “I was so hungry on my home planet, I stole food from the local market hundreds of times. One time I ate seven of my friends because they teased me. I’m not a normal hag…”
“She is from that spooky planet, I remember those weird fruit markets”, Georgia said.
“I’m not a normal Doctor”, the Doctor explained, “I’m a time lord”.
“Not a-n-nother alien”, Urun stammered.
“A time lord”, the hag said, “You may be able to help me”.
“I will help, if you stop eating these humans!” the Doctor said, “There aren’t many…”
“What Doctor?” Georgia asked, “What happened before we arrived?”
“It doesn’t matter”, the Doctor said, “I have to keep you away from historical events”.

“Why am I so thirsty?” the hag screeched and Georgia jumped, “Why am I so hungry?”
“I’m afraid that you have a very rare disease”, the Doctor said, “There won’t be a cure until at least the year 5 billion. But I’m a time traveller, so I know what your disease is and more importantly, how to cure to it”. The hag gave a sigh of relief and jumped of the TARDIS roof.

“I’ll stop eating the humans”, the hag said, “Anything for a cure!”
“This way then”, the Doctor said leading the hag into the TARDIS.
“Shouldn’t we take Urun”, Georgia asked, “He’ll probably die soon if we leave him here”. Urun let out a low moan and fainted.
“All right”, the Doctor said pulling Urun into the TARDIS, “Lets get to a hospital, in the far future, then home”.

“I can’t go home”, the hag said.
“Why’s that?” the Doctor asked, “Oh, you ate your friends”.
“Remind me why we’re feeling sorry for her”, Georgia asked, “And surely that spooky planet doesn’t have many rules, I swear they were trying to poison us at that weird fruit market”.
“Georgia, they teased her and made fun of her because she was always hungry and thirsty”, the Doctor replied, “Have a heart”.
“Sorry”, Georgia said, “But she completely freaked me out earlier”.

“Can we please get going”, the hag said, “Or I’ll start screeching again”. Georgia immediately ran forward and began to help the Doctor work the TARDIS.

THE END

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP