Wednesday 15 April 2009

Episode 3: Fun at the Fair Part 2

“Oi Kaylie! Wake up!” Beth said.
“What’s going on?” Kaylie drooled, still feeling dizzy.
“Conner’s back!” Beth said.
“What?” Kaylie asked, sitting up.

They were inside an Art classroom, and Kaylie was lying on a table. Kaylie saw through the large windows the Doctor, Georgia, Zac and Conner were stood outside the TARDIS. Catherine had just walked up to the TARDIS and was pointing frantically at Conner. Beth sighed as Catherine fainted. She stood up from her seat and Kaylie hopped off the table.

“I suppose I’d better go and bring Catherine in,” Beth sighed, leaving the room.

Georgia and the Doctor walked towards the school gates, leaving Zac and Conner to catch up.

“I think I’m gonna go and call on my parents,” Georgia said. “The last time I saw them the Earth had been destroyed and dad was trapped in Tesco.”
“Only your family,” the Doctor laughed.
“Shut up,” Georgia grinned. “But yeah you’re right. My mum wanted it to be Sainsbury’s anyway.”
“See you later,” the Doctor grinned.
“You aren’t giving me a lift?” Georgia said, poking her tongue out.
“I’m not a Taxi!” the Doctor said.
“What else are you for then?” Georgia asked.
“Get going you!” the Doctor said, ushering her from the gates.
“Careful the teachers don’t think you’re a paedo!” Georgia said, walking from the school.
“Me? Is it the clothes?” the Doctor asked, turning back to the TARDIS.

“So what happened?” Zac asked. “On the Spidership?”
“I went to find my parents. But they’d already gone,” Conner said, trying to not get upset. “Then I saw the devil man, Rack or whatever, and he waved at me.”
“Then what?” Zac gasped.
“What do you think?” Conner asked. “The oxygen was running out! I died!”
“But how are you here?” Zac asked.
“I got kidnapped by a Splurge who was stealing people to help ease the population of Earth,” Conner said.
“But the Earth isn’t that busy…” Zac said.
“The Splurge went back in time using these lift things. Georgia sent me into one,” Conner said. “And I met myself.”
“You met yourself?” Zac asked.
“Yeah. Do I really look like that?” Conner asked.
“You look fine,” Beth said, joining them, and dragging Catherine off from the bottom of the TARDIS.
“Thanks Beth…” Conner said blushing.
“And what did he – you say?” Zac said, correcting himself.
“Beware of the clowns.”

Elizabeth flounced into the garden with her flowery hat. Mrs White was already in the garden taking cuttings from her plants. Elizabeth scowled at Mrs White, but when she turned around Elizabeth smiled her nicest smile.

“How are you today, Viola?” Elizabeth asked, daintily perching herself on the lawn.
“Perfectly well, Elizabeth. And how are you?” Viola White asked.
“Lovely dear! We just received a call from a very influential person that will allow us to mingle with the gentry in a very nice country manor!” Elizabeth said, smiling evilly on the inside.
“That sounds… Lovely. Did you hear we’ve been left a boat by my brother who passed away? Of course we’re very sad about his death, but he was with some of the highest society when he passed away. You must of course, come to the funeral. It will be a lovely affair,” Viola simpered.
“Yes my dear! It sounds much like dear Richard’s funeral. All of his friends were dressed up so smartly! It made me realise the Bell family live with such good company!” Elizabeth said.
“Is that the phone I hear?” Viola White asked. “Do excuse me; I must get to the phone. It’s probably my sister. You know, rich husband, £5 million pounds a year.”
“Much like one of my aunts,” Elizabeth said. “Mercedes, sauna, room for a pony.”
“Actually, it’s our phone,” Colin said, popping his head around the door.
“What phone do you own now?” Mrs White asked.
“It’s a pearl-white slim-line push-button telephone with automatic last-number redial,” Elizabeth said, smiling. “I’d better see who it is, it’s probably someone important.”

She hoisted up her skirt in an unladylike way, and flounced off into the living room. Mrs White made a face behind Elizabeth’s back.

“The Bell residence, the lady of the house speaking!” Elizabeth said.
“Hi mum! It’s me Georgia!” Georgia said as she walked down the road.
“Oh hello Georgia!” Elizabeth trilled.

She walked backwards, out into the garden with the telephone still in her hand. Mrs White looked up, and attempted a smile.

“It’s my daughter, Georgia! The one who lives with a Doctor! He treated the Queen, you know!” Elizabeth said, before waltzing back into the house, singing loudly in an operatic voice.
“I’m coming round, ok?” Georgia asked.
“Colin! Get the fine bone china out!” Elizabeth whispered to Colin.
“It’s fine mum,” Georgia said, hearing Elizabeth.
“It’s not for you dear,” Elizabeth invented. “It’s for... Daisy! We’ve invited her round for tea! On second thoughts, Colin dear, better get the beakers out. She always spills it. It’s that nervous disposition of hers.”
“Anyway, bye mum!” Georgia said, hanging up quickly.
“Colin!” Elizabeth said, putting down the phone. “We must invite Daisy around, quickly!”

Zac and Conner ran up to the Doctor, who was contemplating whether to go to Georgia’s house, or mooch of in the TARDIS for a while on his own.

“Doctor! We’ve got to go to Mitchell West’s flat!” Zac said.
“Who?” the Doctor asked.
“Mitchell West. He was on the news, he’s dead,” Zac explained.
“So you want to go to a dead man’s house?” the Doctor asked, raising his eyebrows.
“Yeah, that’s pretty much it,” Conner said.
“My dad discovered the body! He was on the news!” Zac said.
“You never told me that!” Conner gasped, turning to Zac.
“It was a bit embarrassing actually, my whole family prepared for it, and he only got about two seconds coverage!” Zac said.
“I bet your Auntie Debbie was furious!” Conner laughed.
“She was going mental! Never heard language like it before in my life! She was so loud I could’ve stood in next door’s house, and she was only on the phone!”
“You wouldn’t wanna mess with Debbie Pemberton when she’s angry,” Conner explained to the Doctor.

Bradley Taylor knocked on the door of the headmistress’ office. He remembered all those months ago, when she was nothing but a useless teacher. They had stayed together onboard the Spidership, Bradley and her, and now she saw him as a model pupil. No other teachers saw him as that; they all thought he was a troublemaker. His dad said the progress he’d made with the headmistress was fantastic; in fact, it was one of the few times Bradley and Dave Taylor got on.

“Come in!” the headmistress said chirpily, as Bradley opened the door.
“Alright miss?” Bradley asked.
“Yes thank you,” Mrs Sow replied. “How are you today Bradley?”

Bradley didn’t mind that Mrs Sow still treated everyone as if they were four year olds, it was quite fun once you got used to it.

“I’m fine miss, you alright yourself?” Bradley asked, tilting his baseball cap slightly.
“I’m very well thank you, Bradley. And what is it that you came to speak to me about? Is Mr Benton still causing concern?” Mrs Sow asked, rearranging the pencils on her desk absentmindedly.
“No miss, my dad sorted that one out,” Bradley said.
“I see…” Mrs Sow said, raising her eyebrows.

She knew the problems Dave Taylor had caused Bradley, and Lucy Taylor, Bradley’s sister, who was about a year older than him. Mrs Sow knew that Sharon Taylor, Bradley’s mum, had walked out on them when Bradley was thirteen, saying she couldn’t cope anymore with an unruly daughter and an abusive husband. Poor Bradley hadn’t anyone to talk to, so he’d made sure he was popular at school with his gang. Only Mrs Sow and a few select teachers knew this, and she tried to maintain a motherly way with him.

“He didn’t hit Mr Benton or nothin’,” Bradley explained. “He’s still doing his alcoholics course. He promised to stop drinking, but it’s alright cos Lucy drinks most of the stuff in the house.”
“So what did you want, Bradley? Is anything wrong? It isn’t that other gang is it? From the other school?” Mrs Sow asked.
“No, I just need to have the morning off miss,” Bradley said. “I forgot to get my pills.”
“Oh, of course Bradley. You might as well take the whole day off today, get used to the new dose. I was told the doctors lessened the amount of pills?” Mrs Sow said.
“Yeah. They said that I was like, calmed down and stuff, and that I could manage with three a day instead of five,” Bradley said, happy to have a lessened amount of pills.
“Off you go then,” Mrs Sow said. “Oh, and Bradley?”
“Yeah miss?” Bradley asked, as he stopped in the doorway.
“If you’re popping into Jane’s Pantry, I’d love a custard cake,” Mrs Sow said, smiling slightly.
“Go on then,” Bradley grinned, leaving the room.

Abby Stuart slipped a pound coin across the cloth covered table. The fortune teller opposite smiled, and accepted the money. She took Abby’s hands in hers, and began the fortune telling.

“What can you see, Sybil?” Abby asked the fortune teller.
“You will meet a man,” Sybil said, smiling encouragingly. “The most amazing man!”
“What else do you see? An engagement?” Abby asked. “Is this man the one for me?”
“No, I’m sorry. He will be much more than that,” Sybil replied. “He is a man of mystery. I cannot see him clearly – he is surrounded by the fog that so often clouds the inner eye.”
“You’re amazing!” Abby smiled. “It’s scary sometimes how accurate you are!”
“You think so, dear?” Sybil asked, smiling. “Well, let’s see if we can see a little more for you.”
“Thanks, Sybil,” Abby grinned.
“I see a flat, in south London. Not far from here, belonging to a man.”
“Is this the same man, or will I meet two men?” Abby asked excitedly.
“You will not meet this man,” Sybil foretold. “But I see a letter – an N. No, wait! An M!”
“Mark?” Abby asked. “Will Mark Heston finally notice me?”
“Not a Mark, no. I see, a Mitchell. A Mitchell West,” Sybil said.
“What else do you see about him?” Abby asked.
“He… I’ve met him!” Sybil gasped, withdrawing her hands from Abby. “He came here that night, to see me! I gave him a prophecy that he was to die! My dear, you will go to the flat of a dead man! But, my clowns… My dear, you must go! Now! Do not go to this man’s flat! Please… There are things you cannot know – dark secrets are hidden here, at the fair! Leave now, before it’s too late!”
“What dark secrets, what clowns? And what about Mitchell West?” Abby asked, standing up from her stool.
“My clowns, quick! Leave before they find you! I’m so sorry, my dear, but the mark of the clowns is upon you!” Sybil said, tears pouring down her face.

The fog that always was cast over her seeing eye had vanished, and Sybil saw terrible things, creatures coming from the darkness, the light fading, the darkness coming.

“What clowns, Sybil?” Abby asked. “I want to know the truth!”
“The truth?” Sybil asked. “Murder! Go quickly!”

Abby hurried out from the tent, leaving Sybil to cry herself to sleep, and hiding from the Doctor she saw in the crystal ball.

Georgia walked along the gates of the park, running her hand along the railings. Children were playing on the swings, families were having picnics on the field, and everything was calm as she neared her parent’s house. That was, until she saw the clown. It waved at her, and Georgia stopped dead in the middle of the road. She looked behind her, in case it was waving to a friend down the road. It wasn’t; she was the only person along the road. She turned back to face the clown. It had moved! It was stood by the swings now! Georgia blinked. She may have just imagined it. Could the clown have walked that far in the time she had turned away? She opened her eyes again. The clown was stood beside the crappy little fountain that Japanese tourists took pictures of. It was closer to her; it was reaching out for her!

“That’s creepy,” Georgia muttered to herself.

Without realising it, Georgia blinked again. This time it was right beside her! Georgia yelped in fright. She backed away, not daring to blink. It smiled with its creepy painted face. It raised its arms.

“You want me?” Georgia gasped.
“Thank you and goodnight!” the clown grinned, its painted smile forever unchanging.

To be continued…

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP