Friday 13 June 2008

Forest of the Dead Review

Hello this is my first episode review!

'Hey! Who turned out the lights?' - Proper Dave



It started with the resolution of the last episode. I really enjoyed this, as it was a really simple escape but you couldn't have guessed what it was. Then we see Donna and her new life- stuttering Lee and the freaky kids. This was interesting but I'm worried of a repeat of this story in Turn Left, which features Donna's life without the Doctor. Although this has Rose in!
During this sequence we see Doctor Moon. Is he evil, is he not? At first I'm suspicious.

Then we return to the exciting story of the Library. Everyone's flesh still present, for now... We get to see some great shots of the outside of the Library, like when the crew run down a corridor, that we see from the outside. I am fearing for the lives of Other Dave and Anita right now, but will I be proved right?



Something mysterious is whispered in the Doctor's ear. Is it something to do with Donna's fate? I fear for her life also as the weeks progress. I really like her. She is almost as good as Rose... Can't wait till those two meet! Are River and the Doctor married??? I hope not. She's quiteannoying. Lux looks very sweaty in his suit. He looks like he needs a wee. Donna! On the hologram! This explains the previous scene, which was actually a bit obvious.

Anita is crying. River says 'just a moment'. These people really have listening issues. First Miss Evangelista, now Anita. Maybe it's just the women? I like Anita, now it seems she has two shadows. Nooo! The Doctor darkens her visor. Will it work? I hope so... Dial up the suits!

'It didn't do Proper Dave any good' - Anita



Count the shadows... It's important later.

Proper Dave has returned! It's nice he waited for the heart-to-heart to end. More Donna, and a Widow. Now the Doctor and Other Dave confront Proper Dave/Suit Creature. Is that the sound of the Vashta Nerada moving? The Doctor works out the Forest being the books a lot less quickly than me- and believe me- I really do have the IQ of Plankton. Uh oh! Other Dave is repeating himself! Is this the effects of last nights booze up or something worse? (Minus Anita, who wouldn't show her face in a bar- Geddit? No, me neither.)

'We should go. Doctor!' - Other Dave



Amazing effects and the two Daves. Sounds like a band name...

Next more Donna and the Widow- Miss Evangelista! During all of this, we see shots of the girl saying 'No!' and other things. She is getting on my nerves now. I hope the Vashta Nerada come to Earth... Now Anita's second heart-to-heart, with River Song. Anita is crying again as the Doctor comes in. She asks what words were whispered in the Doctor's ear. I perk up! Spoilers??? Whether the Doctor tells her his name we are not sure.

More widow and Donna. And Lux avoiding the truth about CAL. Did someone think of kicking him in the gouhlies? I'm sure Anita would have if not for the thought of getting eaten. Gravity platform, this explains the Mid Series Trailer! Except that shot hasn't happened yetMore Donna and Widow. The freaky kids are exposed!

'But I've been dieting!' - Donna (and the best line of the episode)



Miss Evangelista lost her looks with age...
But a decimal point slipped in her IQ!
Ah well, you win some, you lose some (of your face).

Wierd red lights and Donna's kids dissapear! Sad face for Donna, happy face for me as CAL is finally revealed to be the girl. Also worth noting; Anita has one shadow... Lux finally is used in the story, and he's actually a good guy. River and Lux jog off to try and fix the problem, while Anita stays with the Doctor. She is revealed to be dead! Noooo! I liked Anita! So did the Doctor, but he's letting it pass by shouting three random sentances at Anita/Vashta Nerada. This did feel at bit disjointed, but they were more trailer shots than part of the episode. Anita collapses down dead, and presumably so do the Daves. River runs in, and shows some real compassion rather than being a bisexual archheaologist with an annoying accent. Had she been spying on Anita, to make sure she didn't pull the Doctor? That wouldn't surprise me...

River hooks herself up to the mainframe in a suicide attempt- not really! It was to save everyone trapped in the irritating CAL girl's head. God, I'd hate to be stuck in there wouldn't you?

'What have you got handcuffs for?' - The Doctor
'Spoilers' - River Song

That was a really cringeworthy moment in the episode, I actually shuddered. River dies, Donna and Lee are seperated and the people of the library return. The Doctor and Donna have a heart-to-heart and they leave. Noooo! Poor Lee. Damn his stutter. He could have been the stuttering companion. 'Dddddddoctor! The Dddddaleks!'

The Doctor runs back, does some trickery and saves River. River and the dead members of her team live in this alternate world. Awwwwwwwwww how sweet. No one has died and not been resurrected (except of old age) in a Moffet tale.

So what did I think? Pretty good: 8.5/10

5 comments:

Anonymous 14 June 2008 at 22:43  

hi again love your site. 'will' you are really funny I like your youtube videos and this review is hilarious! are you gonna do the rest of series 4 or old episodes? you are soooo cute, I love that picture you sent to me!!! xxx

Will 14 June 2008 at 22:49  

thanks jackie! I lost that picture you sent me :( it didn't come through or something... thanks for the support, it's nice to have fans! i'm glad you like my utube page too. about what you said when you emailed me, we are doing ok for authors at the moment, as we may take on Jess from Planetgallifrey. As soon as Seb retires/ is fired i'll let you know! (Joke Seb) As for the reviews, Seb will be doing Fires of Pompeii but i will be reviewing the rest of series 4 (episodes 10,11,12,13) and the christmas special. hopefully, afterwards i will finish the previous series 4 episodes.

Seb 15 June 2008 at 08:14  

Are you the real Jackie Tyler or just a fan of her? jackie is a legend!

Anonymous 15 June 2008 at 20:37  

I'm not the real jackie tyler! duh. sorry, I'm mean. hi Will!!! xxx

Seb 15 June 2008 at 21:28  

I knew that , no really i did....

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP