Sunday 2 May 2010

Mini Ep. 2: Where's Rena?

Cast:
The Doctor
Georgia
Conner
And: Rena Peakes
With: Kasper Nowak, Bernardyn, Annie Rostcastle, Mr. Yendell and Reckless

Rena threw the bouquet in the air, and her friend Annie Roscastle caught it. She smiled at Rena, as Rena and Kasper walked away from the church and into the beautiful vintage car, which was covered in streamers. Rena took one last look at the crowd to see if the Doctor had turned up, but he hadn’t. She smiled sadly, before grinning at Kasper and kissing him romantically as she had done after they’d both said ‘I do’. Annie had been Rena’s head bridesmaid, and Kasper’s friend Bernardyn had been Kasper’s best man.

“I can’t believe we’re married,” Rena Peakes exclaimed.
“So, now that we are, do you want to change your name to Rena Nowak?” Kasper asked; his polish accent had nearly vanished completely.
“What about Rena Nowak-Peakes?” Rena asked.
“Or Rena Peakes-Nowak?” Kasper suggested.
“Or Kasper Peakes!” Rena exclaimed.
“Oh alright, have it your way,” Kasper replied, smiling.

Several months later and Rena was back at work, she had been promoted again, and she was now working in her own office, which was right next to Mr. Yendell’s who was head of the company she worked for. Mr. Yendell had planned to retire, but he decided to push it back a few years, so he could get the company through the financial troubles they were having. Mr. Yendell walked into Rena’s office smiling.

“Rena, can you file these under C please,” Mr. Yendell ordered.
“Of course sir, how are you today?” Rena asked, as she took the files from Mr. Yendell and opened the file drawer.
“Oh, alright, retirement is hard, especially when you haven’t done it yet,” Mr. Yendell laughed.
“How’s Mrs Yendell?” Rena asked, as she placed the file into C.
“She’s good, very well, she’s retired, lucky girl, she’s gone to visit our son in Australia,” Mr. Yendell explained, “So she’s not around.”
“Sir, why don’t you retire, I know you aren’t enjoying this credit crunch at all,” Rena Peakes told him, “Ad you can retire, so why don’t you.”
“I am not abandoning my bank firm, while we are suffering so many losses,” Mr. Yendell explained, “Ever.”
“All right sir,” Rena replied, as Mr. Yendell left her office. Rena looked at her calendar and realised that it was exactly two years since the Doctor last visited, and around the same time 4 years ago when the Doctor and the Splurge turned up in 2005. So much had changed since then, Rena had been promoted several times, she had met Kasper and then married him, and Kasper had became Chief electrician in the office block where she worked for the bank firm.

“Rena,” Annie’s voice came through Rena’s speaker.
“Yes, Annie?” Rena asked.
“Kasper’s here to see you, shall I send him up?” Annie asked.
“Oh, Annie, don’t be silly, he can come up whenever he wants to,” Rena replied, “Unless I’m in a meeting, or in an interview, or doing an interview, or if...”
“Yeah, I get it,” Annie replied, “Kasper’s on his way up.” Rena ran over to the mirror, to check that she looked nice before Kasper entered the room.

“Look who’s here!” Kasper said, as he entered the room, followed by his friend Bernardyn.
“My husband, and Bernardyn, what are you doing here?” Rena asked happily.
“I’ve got a job here,” Bernardyn replied.
“That’s great,” Rena exclaimed happily, “I suppose being best friends with the chief electrician does help, or are you not an electrician anymore? Last time we talked you were doing building work.”
“I’m working in the office on the 1st floor,” Bernardyn explained.
“That’s where I first met the Doctor, about 4 years ago,” Rena replied, “Anyway, well done, I hope you finally settle down there.”
“Me too,” Bernardyn replied, “Anyway I’d better go, Annie’s showing me how to use this desktop programme thing. Bye!”
“See you later,” Rena replied, as Bernardyn left the room, “So Kasper, now we’re alone...”
“I have to get to work, there’s a whole panel on the 5th floor that had tea poured over it, I need to fix it before it catches fire,” Kasper explained. Rena kissed Kasper, and they agreed to meet at the cafe on the 7th floor for lunch. Bernardyn walked down to the 1st floor, where he found Annie Roscastle sitting at his computer. She pulled another chair next to hers, and Bernardyn sat down.

“I left Carol in charge at reception,” Annie explained, “Now what was the programme you didn’t get?”
“It was...” Bernardyn began, but his words were drowned out by a loud humming noise.
“What’s that?” Annie shouted.
“No idea,” Bernardyn replied, as a tiny spaceship burst into the room. The tiny green pilot could be seen driving it through the spaceship’s glass roof.

“Not another alien...” Annie muttered, ducking as the spaceship flew her way.
“Where is the human?” the alien’s voice suddenly shouted, as if it were on a loudspeaker, “The human who can destroy the world.”
“I assure you, there is no woman in this place who can destroy the Earth,” Annie replied.
“Don’t lie!” the alien snapped, “She is here!” Suddenly, a strange alien noise could be heard and a blue police telephone box faded into view in the middle of the office. Three figures stepped out brushing themselves down.

“That wasn’t fun,” Georgia muttered, “That is the third time we nearly crashed today.”
“I think she’s got a virus,” the Doctor replied, patting the TARDIS, “Well here we are August 2009.”
“That’s really weird ‘cos that’s only like 4 months before I met you, I may not have found out whether I failed my GCSE’s yet,” Georgia exclaimed.
“I hadn’t even started Year 10,” Conner commented.
“Ooh look there’s the alien spacecraft we chased,” the Doctor said, staring at the tiny spaceship, whose occupant looked at the Doctor in a disgusted manner.
“I think I’m experiencing déjà vu,” Conner muttered, “Haven’t we been here before.”
“Yes, definitely, it looks different though, they’ve got new computers!” Georgia replied.
“And I think they’ve had a nice paint job, I like the silver panels,” the Doctor said, “Bit pointless, but who cares?”

“You followed me here?” the alien asked.
“That’s right, I’m the Doctor, nice to meet you,” the Doctor said holding out a hand, then withdrawing it quickly.
“I’m Reckless,” the alien replied.
“Oh that isn’t good, so you’re marked by a lack of thought about danger or other possible undesirable consequences?” the Doctor asked.
“No that’s my name,” Reckless answered, “Anyway, can’t chat, I’m off to find my key! Bye!” With that the spaceship burst from the room.

“Bernardyn, you’re Kasper’s friend! I remember you, I helped you escape from that alien,” Georgia said, starting forward.
“And I remember you, after all, who could forget such a pretty face?” Bernardyn replied.
“Oh stop,” Georgia said smiling.
“Be careful, she’s prone to mood swings,” Conner told Bernardyn, causing Georgia to slap him on the arm.

“Hmm, something isn’t right,” the Doctor commented.
“This is thingies workplace, oh whatshername,” Conner said, “Umm...”
“Seriously, she’s helped us twice now Conner, Rena Peakes, remember?” Georgia asked.
“Oh yeah, that’s the one!” Conner exclaimed.
“So, where’s Rena?” the Doctor asked.
“In her office, probably,” Annie replied.
“Who are you?” the Doctor asked.
“I’m Annie Roscastle, why?” Annie asked.
“Evacuate the building please, Annie, I have an appointment with an alien who looks like he should be in pre-school, when actually he’s a college student,” the Doctor explained, “And I don’t want the staff of this building to get in the way, or get killed by the alien.”
“Ok,” Annie replied, smashing the fire alarm next to her, and then turning back to the Doctor, as workers streamed out of the building.

“You’re not staying,” the Doctor told Annie, before adding to Bernardyn, “Neither are you. It’s not safe.”
“Who works here? Us. Who has more authority?” Annie asked.
“Who’s alien? Me. Who has more authority?” the Doctor replied.
“Who’s planet? Ours. Who has more authority?” Annie replied.
“I DO! Because I can save this planet, and I have done countless times before!” the Doctor said angrily, causing Annie to cross her arms and readjust her smart glasses. The Doctor rushed out onto the landing, as people streamed past him to the ground floor. An ageing man stopped beside the Doctor.

“What’s going on?” the man demanded.
“There’s an alien, Mr. Yendell,” Bernardyn explained.
“Have you seen Rena?” the Doctor asked the man, “Or Kasper?”
“I saw her about quarter of an hour ago, why?” Mr. Yendell replied.
“Doctor, why do we need Rena?” Georgia asked.
“We don’t, I just want to say hi,” the Doctor replied.
“Can’t we, you know, defeat the alien first?” Georgia suggested. The Doctor turned to face Georgia, and she stared back at him.
“Fine,” the Doctor sighed, “Come on, and you two are not following!” The Doctor ran up the stairs, closely followed by Georgia and Conner. Bernardyn looked at Annie and then followed the others upstairs; leaving Annie to roll her eyes and follow Mr. Yendell downstairs.

Rena stared at the fire alarm with annoyance, she knew it must be a false alarm because she was too important not to be told of a fire. Kasper ran into the room, and Rena sighed.
“There’s no fire,” Rena told him, “But you’re expected to attend these fire drills, I’m doing too important work.”
“There is no fire,” Kasper replied.
“Good, we’re learning,” Rena said smiling.
“There’s an alien,” Kasper said, “Now, seriously, there is!”
“I believe you, whenever says there’s an alien at your work, I believe them, whereas most don’t,” Rena replied, “Has the Doctor turned up yet?”
“I have no idea,” Kasper answered, “Come on let’s go.”
“Alright,” Rena replied, grabbing Kasper’s hand as they ran from the room. They ran down an empty corridor and into an empty office, when they suddenly heard a strange, loud humming noise.

“What’s that?” Kasper asked.
“It’s alien, probably,” Rena replied, “Get down!” Something small and silvery zoomed into the room, a tiny little green alien sat inside the ship and stared around the room.
“Where are you?” Reckless asked no-one in particular, “I need you, you and me, together, we can destroy the world. We will destroy the world, the portal is near... It’s so close.”

The Doctor, Georgia, Conner and Bernardyn ran up the stairs to the 4th floor where they stopped for a breather.
“Come on, let’s get going again,” the Doctor told them happily.
“Watch it you! Some people don’t have two hearts,” Georgia snapped, frowning and watching the Doctor closely.
“I know, but...” the Doctor began.
“How do you know that the alien went this way?” Conner asked.
“I scanned for superior technology,” the Doctor replied.
“You never usually do that,” Georgia muttered.

“Did Rena pass us on the stairs?” the Doctor asked Bernardyn.
“No,” Bernardyn replied.
“Is she in work today?” the Doctor questioned.
“Yes, she was in her office on the 8th floor,” Bernardyn answered, “But why are you so concerned?” The Doctor paused before replying, as he looked around.
“She hasn’t come down yet,” the Doctor replied.
“She may have used the fire exit,” Georgia said.
“Hopefully, I just hope she didn’t come across the alien,” the Doctor said, “Let’s go then.” The Doctor continued to run up the stairs, closely followed by Georgia, Conner and Bernardyn.

The green alien landed his tiny spaceship, and the roof opened, so he could climb out. Rena could see that he was incredibly short, and she could also see that he was carrying a gun, and so she hoped that he wouldn’t see her.

“I know you’re here, I found you on my scanner, you’re my key,” Reckless explained.
“Is he talking to me?” Rena asked Kasper very quietly.
“I don’t know, maybe there’s someone else hiding in the room,” Kasper replied. Reckless began walking through the room, peering down every aisle of desks.
“What are we going to do?” Kasper asked Rena.
“RUN!” Rena shouted, as she grabbed Kasper’s hand and pulled him towards the door. Reckless fired his gun at Kasper, but the laser missed him. Kasper and Rena ran onto the landing of the 8th floor, and then ran down the stairs to the 7th, nearly running into the Doctor, Georgia, Conner and Bernardyn.

“Rena!” the Doctor exclaimed.
“Doctor, and Georgia and Conner, how are you?” Rena asked.
“We’re fine thanks,” Georgia replied, “But how are you?”
“I got married, to Kasper,” Rena replied excitedly, indicating Kasper behind her.
“Oh, I’ve met you too!” Georgia said happily.
“Where’s Korena?” Rena asked, and the Doctor looked to the floor guiltily. Georgia had to stop herself from crying, and Conner held Georgia’s hand.
“She died saving the world,” Conner replied, “She was brilliant.”
“Yes, she was,” the Doctor said, still staring at the floor.

“Oh, the alien’s following us by the way,” Kasper said.
“Boo!” Reckless shouted from his tiny spaceship, which was now hovering above them.
“I will give you one chance, to leave this planet, and return to your college, or I will have to stop you, and inform your professors!” the Doctor shouted.
“We followed him from a college,” Georgia explained to Rena and Kasper, “The Doctor wanted a tour, as usual.”
“A chance? I don’t want a chance, I want that girl!” Reckless shouted, as he fired his laser at them. Georgia pulled Conner to the ground, and Kasper shielded Rena, but the laser hit Bernardyn in the chest. He took one last breath, before tumbling down the stairs to the 6th floor.

“He’s dead,” Kasper yelled, and Rena began to cry. Kasper and Rena hugged, comforting each other, as the Doctor looked up at the alien with a very angry look on his face.
“You just killed someone who I liked!” the Doctor snapped, “You are in trouble now!” The Doctor pulled out his sonic screwdriver and buzzed it at Reckless’ spaceship.
“Argh!” Reckless yelled, as his spaceship began to spin uncontrollably.
“Just disrupted the flight pattern,” the Doctor said, as the spaceship zoomed around the building before crashing into the wall opposite the 7th floor landing. The spaceship immediately caught fire and fell straight to the ground floor.
“Woops,” the Doctor commented.

“Doctor, it said it wanted me,” Rena told the Doctor, “Why would it want me?”
“Maybe, it was a spur in the moment,” the Doctor shrugged.
“It didn’t actually say you, it may have got confused,” Kasper said, “But it said something about a key, and Rena told me that the Wooshby had wanted a key too.”
“That’s right, it did!” Georgia exclaimed, “I wonder what the key is.”

Five minutes later, the Doctor, Georgia and Conner were in the TARDIS and the Doctor was scanning the area for anything out of the ordinary.
“No, nothing out of the ordinary,” the Doctor said, “Except the human brains, they’re pretty strange.”
“I have been known to slap before,” Georgia muttered, as the Doctor stepped out of the TARDIS where Kasper and Rena were sitting, comforting each other over the death of Bernardyn.
“I’ve done a basic scan,” the Doctor told Rena, “And there’s nothing out of the ordinary, so I have no idea why aliens keep coming here.”

“Are you gonna be alright?” Georgia asked.
“Yeah I’ll be fine,” Rena replied, “I have Kasper.”
“And I have Rena,” Kasper said.
“That’s sweet,” Georgia said, “But we’d better head off now, the Doctor doesn’t like to tidy up, you should see the inside of the TARDIS.”
“Oh yes please,” Rena exclaimed.
“No,” the Doctor said simply.
“Aw, go on Doctor,” Georgia replied.
“Yeah, let them see the inside,” Conner said, and the Doctor sighed and showed Rena and Kasper into the TARDIS. Rena and Kasper gaped at the inside and both of them rushed out at once.

“Oh no, no, no,” Rena said in a shocked voice, “It’s... it’s bigger on the inside!”
“Yup,” Conner said nodding.
“And now we have to go, and remember, we were never here,” the Doctor told Rena and Kasper, “Oh and make sure UNIT clear that mess up, but don’t say I was here!”
“I get it,” Rena replied, “Bye then.”
“Bye!” Georgia said, hugging Rena, and then retreating into the TARDIS.
“I’ll see you again I reckon,” the Doctor told Rena, before he too, entered the TARDIS. Kasper and Rena watched smiling as the TARDIS faded from sight. When it had gone, they held hands and left the office, making their way down to reception, where Annie Roscastle and Mr. Yendell were examining the debris of the tiny crashed spaceship.

THE END

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP