Tuesday 11 May 2010

Episode 2: The Georgian Terror Part 3

“What is that?” Velda asked in a scared voice.
“I’m guessing it is the thing that attacked Milford,” Lady Adlington commented, with a small smile on her face, “I must admit Milford, I thought you were making it all up, but now I have seen the thing...”
“We must kill it,” Wilbur commented, “I’ll fetch the muskets.”
“I don’t think that’s such a good idea,” the Doctor said.
“I must admit, I would rather it weren’t killed, but perhaps domesticated,” Lady Adlington commented, “I can hire a brilliant animal trainer easily.” The growling monster began to crack the windows with its claws and the people at the table stood up with nervous expressions on their faces.

“Get out there and kill it,” Lady Adlington ordered, and Dolph, Wilbur, Milford and Paul stood up obediently.
“Don’t leave me Milford! You nearly died before!” Acacia said, grabbing Milford’s hand.
“I must help Acacia, I must stop this monster from harming anyone,” Milford told Acacia, and he followed the other men out of the room.
“I am sure you have good tactical skills sir,” Lady Adlington told the Doctor, “You must go with them, but not you Lord Conner because if I’m right, you have never been on a hunt before.”
“I have been too busy,” Lord Conner replied.
“Go then Doctor, now!” Lady Adlington ordered, and the Doctor left the room, with a quick backwards glance at Georgia, who bit her lip. The room fell into silence for a minute, while Lady Adlington finished her wine.

“Well, let’s move to the drawing room,” Lady Adlington ordered, and Marie stood up smiling. Marie, Acacia and Mina linked arms, Mina reluctantly, and they headed off for the drawing room, followed closely by Sefarina and Velda. Conner tried to hang back with Georgia, but Georgia had decided to walk with Lady Adlington.
“Have you had any news of Tyrone, my Lady?” Georgia asked.
“No, I have not, did you know him well?” Lady Adlington replied.
“Well, I think he liked me quite a bit,” Georgia muttered.
“I wonder if you deserved his likings,” Lady Adlington said, looking at Georgia with her horribly false smile. Conner had to stop himself from smiling when he passed Georgia, so he looked like he was in pain.

“I wonder what that monster is,” Georgia said to Conner, “And whether it’s connected to the wigs.”
“I reckon they’re both to do with aliens,” Conner muttered, “And since when were you speaking to me?”
“Fine, if you don’t want me to, then I’ll just go,” Georgia snapped and marched off, leaving Conner to roll his eyes.
“Women,” Conner sighed.

The Doctor had reluctantly taken a shotgun from the cupboard, and headed into the grounds with Milford and Dolph.
“Where’s Paul?” Dolph asked Milford.
“He went round the other side of the house with Wilbur and the others,” Milford replied.
“Whatever you do, don’t kill the monster,” the Doctor told them.
“Why are you in charge?” Dolph asked.
“Because Lady Adlington said she’d rather it wasn’t killed,” the Doctor replied, ignoring Dolph’s question.
“My mother often makes the wrong choices; I think its best this monster is killed,” Dolph said, holding his gun up and placing his finger on the trigger, “We have to kill this monster.”
“You lost someone, didn’t you?” the Doctor asked.
“What do you mean?” Dolph asked, looking affronted.
“A family member, a sister perhaps?” the Doctor questioned.
“I lost my sister, but why...?” Dolph began.
“Because something similar happened years ago, I saw your face the moment you saw that monster,” the Doctor said, “You feel guilty about something.”
“Can’t we talk about this later?” Milford asked, nervously.
“You want to kill it because it attacked you,” the Doctor said to Milford, “But it didn’t kill anyone in your family, did it?”
“It may not have killed my sister,” Dolph said, looking at the ground, “But we never found her, so I reckon it did. Mother wouldn’t believe what father and I saw, and Paul was busy making his own family.”

“What exactly did you see?” the Doctor asked.
“The monster, and a ship in the sky, metal and blinding, the weird thing was... argh!” Dolph shrieked as something large and hairy shot at him through the darkness.
“FIRE!” Milford told the Doctor, as he loaded his own gun. The Doctor did nothing but stare at the monster in fear. Milford fired his gun and the monster fell to the ground, dead.

“It’s not dead,” the Doctor commented darkly.
“It looks dead to me, why didn’t you fire? You might have saved Dolph!” Milford exclaimed.
“That monster can’t be dead, because I know what it is, and they can’t be killed by any old gun,” the Doctor explained, “They can only be killed by a special kind of laser gun.”
“What are you talking about?” Milford asked with a slightly fearful look on his voice.
“That monster is a wheltrch,” the Doctor continued, staring at the lifeless form, “It can’t have been killed by a simple bullet, but... give me that musket.” The Doctor snatched the gun off Milford and examined it for a second before chucking it over his shoulder.
“No that gun isn’t from the future,” the Doctor said frowning, “It just can’t be dead, that thing is too big to be a baby, unless...” The Doctor crouched down beside the body, as Milford picked up the gun and raised his eyebrows, as the Doctor looked inside the monsters mouth.

“Oh, that’s not good,” the Doctor commented, “Something’s infected it with a disease, and its dead.”
“I killed it,” Milford replied confused.
“No, I mean before,” the Doctor replied, and Milford looked even more confused, “Something must have brought it back to life, but its still suffering from the condition that killed it originally, so it would have probably died soon anyway.”
“So what’s not good?” Milford asked.
“The disease was injected into its mouth,” the Doctor explained, peering inside the monsters fanged mouth again, with a look of interest on his face.

“Ergh, bad breath though,” the Doctor commented.
“It’s dead, how can it be breathing?” Milford questioned.
“Still, its mouth stinks, probably the disease,” the Doctor said nodding, “Anyway, the disease isn’t from Earth, oh you won’t understand.” Suddenly, several men with shotguns emerged out of the darkness, including Paul and Wilbur.
“It’s dead!” Paul exclaimed, “Fantastic.”
“What’s wrong with Dolph?” Wilbur asked, as he got closer to Dolph’s body. He jumped back with a sharp intake of breath.
“He’s dead!” Wilbur said in a shocked voice, “My poor nephew.”
“My brother and son killed on the same day!” Paul said, beginning to cry.


Lady Adlington sat down on a large sofa in her huge drawing room. Georgia sat down in a chair close to the fire, while Conner sat down opposite her. Velda and Sefarina sat on either side of Lady Adlington and Marie, Acacia and Mina sat on the sofa opposite.

“So, how is your newest servant, Reginald was it?” Lady Adlington asked Velda.
“He is quite good, but he has spilt the wine a couple of times,” Velda answered.
“One cannot have that, my servants are all highly trained, and all of them have had private schooling,” Lady Adlington said.
“I’d hardly say you teaching them is private teaching,” Mina commented.
“I shall ignore that comment, seeing as I expect nothing less than you,” Lady Adlington snapped, and Acacia held Mina’s hand and looked determinedly at her Grandmother.

“Has your Doctor seen to Tyrone yet?” Velda asked anxiously.
“No, I’ll wake him in the morning, I gave him the day off,” Lady Adlington explained.
“Surely you can fetch him when an emergency occurs,” Velda replied.
“But he’s already dead, so there is no emergency,” Lady Adlington replied unconcerned.
“So Conner, how big is your mansion?” Marie asked Conner happily, as Mina comforted Acacia, who was crying.
“Yes, is it your estate as big as mine?” Lady Adlington asked interestedly; seemingly glad to have something interesting, like house sizes, to talk about.
“It’s quite big, not as big as your beautiful estate though, I must admit,” Conner admitted, “The Doctor has a huge piece of land, it looks quite small but inside the place is huge.”
“I suppose it has large cellars?” Lady Adlington asked.
“Yes,” Conner exclaimed, “And a swimming pool!”
“A what?” Lady Adlington asked, “Some new kind of lake?”
“Yeah, I suppose so,” Conner replied.
“Wow, I’d love to come to visit your mansion Conner, mother we can can’t we?” Marie asked politely, trying to withhold her excitement.
“I’m sure we can, if Lord Conner lets us,” Sefarina replied.
“We must have a week trip,” Lady Adlington announced, “To Lord Conner’s estate in London, we could stay for a whole week, and visit the popular fashionable places of interest.”
“I could show you around,” Georgia suggested.
“I’m sure you could, but I’m not sure if I trust your fashion instinct quite yet,” Lady Adlington commented, and Georgia folded her arms glumly.

“I wonder how the hunt is getting on,” Sefarina commented.
“Yes, I hope they’ve caught it by now,” Lady Adlington replied.
“I doubt they have,” Sefarina replied.
“What makes you say that, dear?” Lady Adlington asked.
“Oh nothing, just that, that monster... I mean creature looked rather fast,” Sefarina replied.
“I didn’t see it move at all,” Lady Adlington commented.
“Maybe you need glasses,” Mina snapped.
“Mina,” Marie hissed, “You are not helping your cause.”
“What cause is this?” Lady Adlington asked.
“No cause,” Acacia piped up.
“It’s just that, you treat Mina badly, she doesn’t deserve any of the things you say to her,” Marie explained, “You’re rather mean to her.”
“Marie, you shall speak no more on this matter,” Sefarina snapped, as the Doctor, Paul, Wilbur and the other male guests, except Dolph entered the room.

“The monster’s dead,” Milford muttered, “I killed it.”
“Oh well done,” Acacia exclaimed, making room for Milford on the sofa.
“Good, but you must remember, we do not call it a monster, they are the things from silly children’s stories,” Lady Adlington explained, “We are now calling it a creature.”
“Where is Dolph?” Sefarina asked in a fearful voice.
“I’m sorry, he’s dead,” Paul said, sitting down in a chair sadly, as Lady Adlington’s face froze and Marie ran over to Sefarina and hugged her, while they both cried.
“Remain your posture, please!” Lady Adlington commented, “I am fine, I will need some time for this to sink in. Now my heir has gone, I will have to write a new will.”
“Surely, I am your heir now mother,” Paul said.
“Of course,” Lady Adlington sniffed.

“Georgia, Conner, can I talk to you for a minute, while the family mourn,” the Doctor asked, they nodded and stood up.
“There is no need Doctor, it is not in fashion to mourn until the funerals,” Lady Adlington announced.
“Even you cannot believe that,” the Doctor replied, leaving the room, followed closely by Georgia and Conner. Lady Adlington took a deep breath before restarting conversation, although it was buffered as few people wanted to talk.

The Doctor, Georgia and Conner walked into the large hallway, which was empty except for a couple of footman who were carrying something wrapped in a sheet, which Georgia thought was probably Dolph’s body.

“It’s raining outside now,” the Doctor commented.
“Doctor, what did you want to tell us?” Georgia asked inquisitively.
“The monster outside is alien, its an endangered species, a wheltrch,” the Doctor explained, “It would usually be much stronger, but the thing is it’s got some kind of disease.”
“What’s so interesting about that?” Conner asked.
“The disease is alien, and it was injected into it,” the Doctor replied.
“There are more aliens involved, how predictable, do you think there what’s controlling the wigs?” Georgia asked.
“I don’t know about that, but the thing is, that monster out there died, and then returned to life,” the Doctor said.
“How do you know that?” Conner asked.
“I looked inside its mouth,” the Doctor answered.
“How does that help you find out whether it’s died before?” Conner asked exasperatedly.
“You don’t want to know that,” the Doctor replied.

“I have something to tell you ‘n all,” Georgia said, “Sefarina said that she doubted the monster had been caught, as she said it looked fast. I think she knows something.”
“That’s possible, because Dolph and his father saw this monster before, and they think that’s what killed their sister long ago,” the Doctor explained.
“There was a large portrait of a young woman in the dining room, was that her?” Georgia asked.
“It could have been,” the Doctor replied, “There’s something else going on, something which seems to have everything to do with everything, and I think somebody who can help us is in the house right now.”
“In the drawing room you mean?” Conner asked.
“No, I mean them,” the Doctor replied, indicating two people in dark clothes who were attempting to sneak out of a room and through the next door in the hall without being noticed. The Doctor spun round and locked the doors with his sonic screwdriver.

“What?” one of the two figures in black asked.
“What are you doing here?” the Doctor asked.
“That is none of your business, unless you’ve seen a huge wig,” the first figure replied.
“It has a big bow on it, we need it, it’s... um, for the King,” the second figure muttered.

In the drawing room, Lady Adlington was still attempting to create conversation. Velda was comforting Sefarina and Acacia was comforting Marie.
“Soon there’ll be no family members left,” Lady Adlington said aloud.
“You’ll always have Mina, Marie and I around,” Acacia told her Grandmother who straightened her wig in reply.
“Marie, may I ask you to stop talking so excitedly to the Lord Conner,” Lady Adlington said, “I do not trust any of those three, Georgia seems to have too many strange words and culture to be from high society.”
“And that boy Lord Conner is an orphan, we all know what they’re like,” Sefarina replied. There was a mutter of agreement from around the room and Mina clenched her fists to control her anger.
“Orphans aren’t bad, only if they’re brought up badly, and that is the same with any child,” Marie told the room.
“I wouldn’t say that my dear,” Wilbur replied.
“Do not call me my dear, because I am not, and I assure you that I never will be,” Marie snapped.
“But orphans are ragged creatures, without their true mothers they are rabid,” Sefarina commented.
“Mother, you cannot let these people talk about Mina in that way, and shame on you too father,” Acacia said.
“You will be silent,” Lady Adlington ordered, smirking.
“Mina is just like all other orphans, smelly and impolite and...” Sefarina began, as Mina stood up her face filled with rage.
“SHUT UP! YOU MAKE ME SICK ALL OF YOU!” Mina shouted directly at Sefarina, who nearly immediately fell off her chair.
“Has she fainted?” Velda asked, “Her face, what’s happened to her face?” Sefarina began to howl as her whole body shook and a trickle of blood fell from her head.
“I CANNOT KEEP IT IN ANYMORE!” Sefarina yelled, as she continued to shake.
“Oh my, I think she’s dying,” Milford commented, causing Acacia and Marie to clap hands to their mouths as Sefarina writhed on the floor.

TO BE CONTINUED

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP