Thursday 13 May 2010

Episode 2: The Georgian Terror Part 4

“You’re looking for a wig?” the Doctor asked the two figures in black.
“Yes, well done, have you seen it?” the second figure asked in a quick snappy voice.
“Yes, it’s on Lady Adlington’s head I think,” Conner replied.
“You’ve got no chance of getting it off her,” Georgia commented, as a scream was heard loudly from the next room and all five of them dashed into the drawing room to find Sefarina writhing on the floor.

“I didn’t mean, I’m sorry,’ Mina was saying over and over again.
“It isn’t your fault,” Acacia replied, as the Doctor ran over to Sefarina and placed his sonic screwdriver against her wig, and almost immediately Sefarina stopped moving. Meanwhile, in the confusion one of the two figures in black had grabbed the wig off Lady Adlington’s head, as Conner blocked the door to the room. The figures in black dashed for the door, where Conner was standing.

“Get out of the way,” the first figure ordered.
“No,” Conner replied, and the first figure pulled out a silvery gun and pointed it at Conner’s chest.
“Get out of the way or I’ll shoot,” the first figure repeated.
“NO! CONNER!” Georgia screamed charging into the first figure in black, causing them to fall to the floor. The second figure grabbed his hand and pulled him over to a window, which she shot at, causing a couple of the Adlington’s to scream, and in a second the figures had dashed out of the window. Conner dashed after them and Georgia followed, hoisting up her dress to reveal purple boots.
“WAIT!” the Doctor called after them.

“What did you do to mother?” Marie demanded.
“She’s alive, I haven’t killed her, I saved her,” the Doctor replied.
“TRAVIS!” Lady Adlington yelled, in a strangely unladylike voice, and her footman Travis dashed into the room.
“What is it ma’am?” Travis asked.
“Fetch me a wig and call the authorities, somebody stole my wig!” Lady Adlington ordered, “When the culprit is caught, I hope he will be hung!”
“Quite right my lady,” Wilbur said.
“I can’t believe I shouted,” Mina commented.
“I don’t blame you, from now on we shall consider Mina as a proper member of the family,” Paul decided, “Nobody shall discriminate against her, she may not even be an orphan.”
“What do you mean?” the Doctor asked, “Do you know anything about her parentage?”
“No, I don’t know anything,” Paul replied.


Georgia and Conner kept running until they ran out of breath. They had no idea where they were or how far they had run, but they had finally lost the figures in black.
“Who d’you reckon they were?” Conner said, panting.
“Aliens, probably,” Georgia muttered, “Their costumes were all black and sorta cat-burglar-like.”
“Because that’s a word,” Conner said sarcastically.
“Shut up,” Georgia snapped, before continuing, “Their outfits just weren’t from this age, it’s kinda obvious they’re either from the future or aliens.”
“I see what you mean, why do aliens follow us around?” Conner asked.
“I’ve been asking that question ever since we travelled to this internet café where the Doctor wanted to research plastic toy dogs, don’t ask, and this computer bit me,” Georgia replied, “The Doctor shut the internet cafe down and released the computers into the wild, although he was all for naming one Arthur and keeping it in the TARDIS garden.”
“Nice story, now we’ve been released into the wild, or stuck in the wild,” Conner muttered glumly.

“We’re not stuck, I’m pretty sure the house is in that direction,” Georgia said, pointing in a random direction.
“Georgia, that’s a road,” Conner commented.
“We can follow the road,” Georgia replied.
“That road’s going to London,” Conner said.
“How do you know that?” Georgia asked crossing her arms.
“That sign says so,” Conner answered, smirking.
“Look I can see a light over there,” Georgia exclaimed, “It’s that way.” Georgia began to walk, before tripping over her dress and falling flat on her face in the mud, causing Conner to burst out laughing.
“My dress!” Georgia screeched.


Travis dashed back into the room and handed Lady Adlington a hand-held mirror and another large wig. Lady Adlington placed the wig on her head and straightened it while staring in the mirror.

“What’s that tree out there?” the Doctor asked, pointing out of the window at a tree which seemed to be illuminated by candles, which had been placed around it.
“It’s Mina’s memorial tree,” Lady Adlington replied, “My daughter Mina, not the orphan.”
“I thought we’d just decided not to call Mina an orphan,” Paul said, standing up.
“No, you decided, now sit down,” Lady Adlington ordered.

“My daughter Mina, is named after Paul’s sister, Sefarina suggested calling her it,” Velda explained.
“I thought Sefarina thought very little of me,” Mina muttered.
“Obviously she had a change of heart,” Lady Adlington said frowning, “I told them not to call you Mina, but they felt like you were a Mina; they thought you looked like Mina, so ridiculous.”
“Is that Mina there?” the Doctor asked, pointing at the portrait.
“Yes, that’s my sister,” Paul muttered.

“Hush, I think mother’s coming round,” Marie commented, as Sefarina began to stir. She sat up and rubbed her eyes.
“Where am I?” Sefarina asked.
“You had some kind of fit,” Lady Adlington asked, “I’ll get my Doctor to check if you are right in the head, if you aren’t I need someone to fetch my lawyer so I can cut you and Marie out of my will.”
“Why me too?” Marie asked, taken aback.
“She is your mother, so you’re probably mad too,” Lady Adlington replied.
“I’m not mad, and I did not have a fit,” Sefarina snapped, as the Doctor pulled off her head to reveal red-stained brunette hair.

“Something’s been extracting your brain,” the Doctor commented, examining her head.
“You said you weren’t a Doctor of medicine,” Lady Adlington said annoyed.
“I’m not, I’m just... good,” the Doctor replied.
“I think it’s about time we all headed home,” Velda said, “We’ve had a terrible night, and we need to mourn Tyrone and Dolph."
“Dolph, why do you need to mourn him?” Sefarina asked.
“He’s dead mother, don’t you remember? He died earlier tonight,” Marie said.
“He’s dead? How did he die?” Sefarina asked.
“That hairy monster killed him; mother please tell me you remember that,” Marie said tearfully.
“She is mad, you’d better lock her in the cellar or she may kill us,” Lady Adlington said, with a slight smirk.
“She isn’t going to kill anyone,” Acacia said defensively.

“I’m so sorry about everything,” Mina told Sefarina, who seemed taken aback.
“Why would you be sorry, it is I who am sorry for the things I did to you,” Sefarina replied, “Well not exactly you.”
“It was her, you insulted her several times,” Acacia inputted.
“She’s mad dear, its best not to have a conversation with mad people,” Lady Adlington told Acacia, smiling widely.
“I don’t think she’s mad, but she’s lost her memory,” the Doctor said, “Parts of her memory she’d rather forget, because they’re on the surface on her memory.”
“Mother, can you remember arriving tonight? Do you remember the feast?” Marie asked inquisitively.
“Yes, of course I remember that,” Sefarina commented.
“Do you remember Tyrone’s death?” the Doctor questioned.
“Of course,” Sefarina answered sadly, “How could I forget that?”
“Well, you’ve forgotten you’re own husband’s death, so your nephew’s death can’t be that hard to forget,” Lady Adlington said sniffing.
“You shouldn’t remember that, unless it wasn’t on your surface memory,” the Doctor explained, “So either you disliked Tyrone and don’t really care he’s dead, or it was quite far back in your memory because so many new thoughts have pushed it back.”
“So Tyrone’s death means nothing to you,” Velda told Sefarina angrily.
“Obviously not,” Lady Adlington said smiling, she obviously seemed to be loving the arguement.
“No, I loved Tyrone, he was a great nephew, as Acacia and Mina are great nieces,” Sefarina said.

“If she’d rather forget being horrible to me, then why is she horrible to me again and again?” Mina questioned the Doctor.
“Maybe there’s something she isn’t telling us,” the Doctor replied.
“I have no secrets,” Sefarina uttered, rather unconvincingly.


Eirlys and Emmett Cooper pulled off their black masks and let them fall to the floor. Emmett was thinking deeply about something, he knew who the Adlington’s were and very well. Most of them had visited their shop at one time or another, except one of them, the young girl.

“What are you thinking about?” Eirlys asked.
“Nothing,” Emmett muttered.
“You saw your daughter, didn’t you?” Eirlys replied, “You’re scummy little half-breed daughter, your illegitimate daughter.”
“I’ve never seen her before,” Emmett commented.
“That’s because I forbid it, you were not allowed to go to the birth and you were not allowed to leave her at the other family,” Eirlys replied smiling triumphantly.
“That was mean,” Emmett told her.
“You deserved everything you got, especially after you killed the monster that killed the mother of your child,” Eirlys replied, “When WE were already married.” Eirlys stormed from the room, still carrying the large wig.


Conner and Georgia arrived back at the house to find footman still guarding the door. Georgia was still covered in mud and Conner had laughed all the time they walked back to the house.

“We are Lord Conner and Georgia, we are back from our walk,” Conner told the footman, who stepped inside for a minute and returned with Travis.
“Yes, they are guests,” Travis replied, “Inside.” Travis showed Conner and Georgia into the hallway, and saw in the light that Georgia’s dress was covered in mud and was not to be a brown colour.
“Would you like to borrow a dress, as yours is rather muddy? And Lady Adlington will not care to look at it” Travis asked.
“All right,” Georgia replied, “Excuse me, how long have you worked here?”
“Almost 35 years,” Travis answered, “My family have served the Adlingtons since before I was born.”

“So, what do you know of Lady Adlington’s dead daughter?” Georgia asked.
“She vanished, that’s all,” Travis replied.
“What about that hairy brown monster, had you ever seen it before?” Conner questioned.
“No, but I had heard Dolph and his father mention it before, that was when Dolph was still living here,” Travis explained, “And Dolph mentioned that he saw something else, a sort of sky ship, with bright lights.”
“Where did he see it?” Conner asked.
“On the edge of the town, near the Cooper’s shop,” Travis replied.
“Who are they?” Georgia asked.
“The Cooper’s are wigmakers,” Travis explained, and Georgia looked at Conner in disbelief.
“I’ve solved who the murderers and the aliens are!” Georgia exclaimed.
“Georgia anyone could have worked that out with the information we now have,” Conner muttered.

“Please do not tell anyone I gave you this information,” Travis told them seriously, with a worrying look on his face, “Lady Adlington does not like these stories, she says they are silly children’s tales.”
“And what do you think?” Georgia asked.
“I think they are the truth,” Travis muttered.
“Yay,” Georgia exclaimed in a squeaky voice, while smiling more than Conner had seen her before, “Let’s tell the Doctor.”
“Talk about mood swings,” commented Conner, “First posh, then mad, then extremely happy.”
“Shut up,” Georgia snapped, as she began to make her way to the door to the drawing room. Travis blocked her way, he looked very serious.

“What?” Georgia asked, wiping mud from her face with one of her sleeves.
“You cannot go in there looking like that, Lady Adlington would be most concerned,” Travis replied.
“Oh who cares,” Georgia replied.
“I think he does,” Conner told Georgia quietly.
“All right, can you please fetch the Doctor, he’s used to seeing me in strange ways,” Georgia replied, and Trais fetched the Doctor.

“Doctor, we’ve worked it all out!” Georgia exclaimed.
“I’m finding out more too, Mina’s mother is Sefarina,” the Doctor told them.
“WHAT?” Travis exclaimed.
“Please go,” the Doctor told him, “What I just said is not to be repeated to anyone, ok?” Travis nodded and dashed off to the kitchens to tell the kitchen staff what he had just heard.

“So, how’d you work that out?” Georgia asked smiling.
“Well...” the Doctor began.
“Me first! Me first! We know who the aliens are!” Georgia interrupted excitedly, “It’s the Cooper’s they own this wig shop, and according to Travis, Dolph saw this spaceship near there!"
“Well done, I’ll make sure I visit there next,” the Doctor commented, “Actually I’d better get there now, do you know the way?”
“Yeah, of course we do,” Conner replied in a deeply sarcastic voice, “Because we live around here in Georgian England.”
“Maybe I can get there in a horse and cart!” the Doctor exclaimed, “The horse and cart drivers will know where it is, Conner you can tell them you’re a Lord and Lady Adlington gave you access. Let’s get going now.”
“But Doctor, someone had better stay here and keep Lady Adlington from killing someone,” Georgia commented, “Oh and you haven’t finished telling us about Sefarina...”

“Well Sefarina is fine now, but she seems to have lost some of her memory, like Dolph’s death and being horrible to Mina,” the Doctor explained, “I think she’s forgotten the things that were on her surface memory, things that she wanted to forget anyway, strangely she hasn’t forgotten Tyrone’s death. Anyway, Lady Adlington thinks she’s mad and I’ve had to persuade her not to lock Sefarina in the cellar.”
“I think Georgia wants to know why you think she’s Mina’s mother,” Georgia replied.
“Oh, that, well, she says she’s never hated Mina, and that she loves all her nieces and nephews and then she said she didn’t have any secrets but she looked rather suspicious,” the Doctor finished.
“So that made you think she’s the mother?” Georgia questioned.
“Yes,” the Doctor said nodding.
“Right, weirdo,” Georgia commented, “Well let’s go!”
“Georgia I want you to stay here,” the Doctor told her.
“But Lady Adlington will kill me,” Georgia whined.
“Just... act... like your mother,” the Doctor replied, before grabbing Conner and pulling him out the front doors, as Georgia continued to protest. Georgia sighed and entered the drawing room, where all the guests were now seated, mostly the same as they had been before Georgia left them, but Lady Adlington was no longer sitting next to Sefarina.

“Georgia!” Milford exclaimed, looking shocked and all of the guests turned with shocked faces too. Georgia’s face reddened, she had forgotten she was covered in mud.
“I’ll help you find some clothes, come on,” Acacia said.
“Ooh, I’ll help!” Marie exclaimed, “Come on Mina!” And with that Georgia was pulled from the room by the three girls and taken up to a spare bedroom, which had a wardrobe full of dresses.


Eirlys looked up as Emmett entered their metal-walled laboratory. There were pipes on the walls and the floor was covered with wires and cables. Eirlys was connecting a large wig to a group of wires.

“Finally, we’ll be able to get out of this hell hole,” Eirlys commented.
“But at a cost,” Emmett muttered.
“I don’t care so much about that,” Eirlys said honestly, “I just care that our little pets have spread wide enough throughout the population for us to finally leave.”
“The Alpha Tearwigun is ready,” Emmett commented, looking at the large wig.
“I think so,” Eirlys replied, “The other wigs are ready too, but one seems to have been deactivated, one belonging to a Sefarina Adlington.”
“That was what all the confusion was about in the Adlington’s drawing room,” Emmett replied.
“Somebody set it off, I think you know who,” Eirlys said, looking carefully at Emmett.
“My daughter has power over them,” Emmett muttered.
“She may already realise this,” Eirlys replied, “But even so, she may only be able to save a tiny fraction of those who have bought our wigs.”

“Once the Alpha Tearwigun has been fed by the others through thought, she’ll be powerful enough to leave,” Emmett said smiling, “Then the hour is nearly here?”
“The hour is here,” Eirlys said with a nasty smile, “FEED!”


Georgia looked in the mirror and saw that the dress suited her quite well. She turned to see Mina pulling off her wig in disgust.
“Don’t you like the dress?” Georgia asked.
“I think it’s marvellous,” Acacia exclaimed, “Let’s go and show the others.”
“It’s not that Georgia, I hate wigs,” Mina commented, “Do you want to wear mine?”
“I think a wig would suit you, you must try it on, Georgia!” Marie told her.
“No,” Georgia said after a slight pause, “I don’t really like wigs either.” Georgia and the others walked downstairs, where they found Lady Adlington in the hall. When she saw what dress Georgia was wearing her nostrils flared.

“Where did you get that dress?” Lady Adlington demanded.
“The girls told me it would look good on me,” Georgia said, in a slightly scared voice.
“Go through girls,” Lady Adlington told Marie, Acacia and Mina smiling falsely.
“Not you Georgia,” Lady Adlington snapped, as Georgia made to follow, “That dress was my daughter Mina’s. And now you have put your dirty self in her dress.”
“I’m sorry, I had no idea,” Georgia replied.
“You seem to have very little idea about anything, you are a fraud!” Lady Adlington declared, “You are not posh, but you are a fake and you do not belong in my house, so get out now! You can keep the dress, until you have found a new one, now leave!”
“Fine, I’ll go, but you are a right bitch, you know that?” Georgia snapped, “Bye!” Georgia left the room, hoisting her dress up again. Once Georgia had left ceremoniously, she edged her way around the house, where she peered through a window into the drawing room. Lady Adlington had returned, and she was not, as Georgia was happy to see, hiding her anger very well.

“Mother, I think we should really leave,” Marie told Sefarina.
“If you’re going, then I think I should go too,” Wilbur announced, “But where has Georgia and the others gone?"
“They have... gone for a walk, although Georgia felt slightly ill, so I doubt she’ll be returning,” Lady Adlington answered.

“Ow,” Paul exclaimed.
“What’s wrong?” Milford asked.
“It’s, ouch, my wig!” Paul replied.
“Mine hurts too,” Wilbur commented, “ARGH!” Wilbur fell to the floor, as Sefarina had done. Paul followed suit and Acacia and Velda began squirming too. Marie shrieked as her wig attacked her, and Mina backed away as tentacle-like hairs starting making snatches for her legs. Lady Adlington froze and then fell to the ground writhing too. Mina and Milford, who weren’t wearing wigs, could only stand and stare as their friends and family were attacked.

TO BE CONTINUED

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP