Wednesday 5 May 2010

Episode 2: The Georgian Terror Part 1

Two figures stepped carefully through the trees towards the large white-bricked house, which was shining amongst the dark trees. The first of the two figures stumbled, and nearly dropped the bundle they were carrying.

“You don’t want to drop her,” the second figure told the first.
“I know, but if I did, would it be so bad?” the first figure replied, “She’s the downfall of a respected family.”
“Nobody has to know,” the second figure muttered, “Which is why all we’re leaving is a note, and the baby on the doorstep.”
“I can’t connect myself with this baby, I cannot live after what I have done, I must leave the family, I cannot face my mother,” the first figure said, “If she knew, the shock would kill her, especially about you, but promise you won’t do anything!”
“I promise,” the second figure replied, as they reached the doorstep of the house and the first figure left the bundle of rags, which held a baby, on the doorstep.
“And promise not to tell anyone ever, about us, I cannot face up to anything that’s happened,” the first figure said, “Don’t even tell your wife.”
“She’s at the bottom of the list of the people who I would tell,” the second figure muttered, “Where will you go?”
“Like I said, I cannot live after what I have done,” the first figure replied, “You have to do it, now, and then bury me far from here.”
“I cannot,” the second figure said.
“You must, or I will take poison, which means it will not be painless,” the first figure told the second, “Do it! Please, as one last favour.” The second figure turned to face the first, his pale skin showed remorse. The first figure removed her cloak and threw it on the ground, so her dirty blonde hair blew in the wind. The second figure removed his cloak and clicked his fingers, something shot threw the bushes towards the woman and in less than a second the beast had killed her.

THE CREDITS

The TARDIS soared through time and space, as the Doctor pranced about the TARDIS pulling levers and shooting smiles at Georgia and Conner whenever he passed them.
“Since we’ve just been to the near-present, where do you want to go? Past or future?” the Doctor asked.
“Past, and can we go to Georgian times please?” Georgia asked, “Because it has my name in it.” She grinned at the Doctor, who grinned back, as Conner rolled his eyes.
“Georgian times it is,” the Doctor said, “I think we should avoid the window tax, how about a ball? We could go to a ball in the Georgian times, you’d better get changed though or you may get sectioned.”
“Yay, Georgian clothes, Georgian clothes on Georgia!” Georgia said happily.
“Go get changed then,” the Doctor told her, and Georgia rushed off to the wardrobe immediately.
“Do I have to change too?” Conner asked.
“Yup,” the Doctor replied.
“Yay,” Conner in a deeply sarcastic voice. A few minutes later and Georgia and Conner had emerged into the control room in Georgian clothes.

“Why aren’t you changed?” Georgia asked.
“Yeah, why do only I have to dress like a-?” Conner began.
“Because I thought you’d look nice,” the Doctor replied beaming, “Let’s go then, Georgian England, now no swearing, no vandalising, no referencing future events and no wandering off.”
“Basically, we must be posh, Georgia must act like a Georgian,” Georgia said in an awfully posh voice.
“Georgia must shut up,” Conner replied, as the Doctor opened the doors to the TARDIS to reveal that they had landed on a dirt track, which led through a forest.

“HELP!” a voice called from outside the TARDIS, almost immediately after the doors had been opened. The Doctor rushed out, followed closely by Georgia and Conner, who were both finding it hard to run. They spotted a man lying on the ground, cowering under a brown, hairy beast. It was late afternoon, and the light from the sun was slowly fading.
“HEY YOU!” Georgia shouted, and the beast ran off, “What a wimp.”
“Were you t-talking to m-me?” the man asked.
“No, the fur ball which ran off when I shouted at it,” Georgia replied.

“What’s your name?” the Doctor asked.
“I’m Milford Harker, I’m engaged to Acacia Adlington,” Milford muttered.
“Ooh, Harker like the Dracula character?” Georgia asked, “And you’re getting married to someone who might be related to the famous swimmer Rebecca!”
“What did I say about future things?” the Doctor asked.
“To mention them?” Georgia asked, “Sometimes you go on, and I can’t be asked to listen, so do not blame me mister! Oh I mean, verily, do not blame moi, sir.”
“Please do not attempt to speak the native tongue,” the Doctor replied.
“Hey, at least I didn’t say arsed,” Georgia muttered, “Oh bum!”

“I’m Lord Conner Bennet, nice to meet you Mr. Harker,” Conner told Milford. Conner helped Milford up and the Doctor and Georgia looked around at their surroundings.
“Where are we?” the Doctor asked.
“Just round the corner from my beloved’s father and mother’s house,” Milford explained, “Thank you so much, I think you may have saved my life, I’ll make sure the authorities find out about this monster, anyway I’d like to introduce you to my family-to-be.”
“Alright, since we do move in high social circles,” Georgia said in her posh voice.
“You’re turning into your mother,” the Doctor commented, as he and Conner followed Milford along the track, while Georgia stood gobsmacked.
“Doctor, you are not fit to be in my social class!” Georgia exclaimed, running after the Doctor, “I am Georgia, and I move in high social Georgian classes.”
“Please shut up,” Conner commented.

“So, where exactly are you from? Your strange language does not seem to be from around these parts,” Milford said.
“You are right, we are not from...” Georgia began in her posh voice, before turning to the Doctor helplessly.
“Buckinghamshire,” the Doctor told Georgia.
“Yes, we are not from Buckinghamshire, we are from the capital, London, of course,” Georgia explained, “We travelled a very long way to get here.”
“Buckingham’s quite close to London,” Conner said.
“May I remind you that I failed map reading, and everything to do with Geography,” Georgia said.

“What do you mean failed?” Milford asked.
“At school,” Georgia answered.
“But women do not attend school,” Milford replied.
“Well, in my very high social class they do attend very high social class schools,” Georgia replied.
“My friend means home schooling,” the Doctor explained.
“Hey, only thick people and bad kids get homeschooled,” Georgia snapped.
“Hey, you’re really thick, you didn’t get homeschooled,” Conner pointed out.
“You’re being a right...” Georgia began.
“Be quiet,” the Doctor hissed to Georgia and Conner.
“We’re nearly there,” Milford said, “Round this next corner, Acacia!” A beautiful young woman ran down the drive of the large, white-walled house, that had just came into sight, and waved at Milford. She kissed Milford and then turned to the Doctor, Georgia and Conner. She was wearing a pretty white dress, with sandals.

“We wondered where you were Milford, we need to leave in a few minutes,” Acacia explained, “And who are they?”
“This is... Lord Conner Bennet, Georgia and what was your name? Doctor...” Milford introduced.
“Just the Doctor thanks,” the Doctor replied.
“This is my fiancĂ©e Acacia,” Milford said, smiling at his wife-to-be.
“Would you like to come into the house, we’re about to head off to my Grand mamma’s but I’m sure you’d be welcome, we’re having a bit of a family party,” Acacia explained.
“I thought your Grandma hated the word ‘party’,” Milford commented.
“Oh she does,” Acacia replied, “Anyway, mother and father are just getting ready, so where do your parents come from Georgia?”
“The capital, London, of course,” Georgia replied in her posh voice.
“Oh, Mina says that place is ghastly, how do you put up with all the peasants?” Acacia asked.
“The peasants are rather smelly, but you know, one has to put up with the riff raff so one can keep ones mansion in the centre,” Georgia replied.
“Of course,” Acacia replied in an understanding voice, nodding, “Shall we go in then.”
“Good idea,” Milford replied, leading the way into the large red-carpeted hallway. A girl who Georgia assumed was a servant nodded at Milford before turning to the Doctor, Conner and Georgia with a confused look on her face.

“Who are they?” the girl asked.
“They’re the Doctor, Lord Conner and Georgia, they’re coming to the party Mina,” Acacia explained.
“How are you Mina?” Milford asked.
“I’m fine thanks,” Mina said, giving Milford a reproachful look before scuttling off to the room on the right, while Milford led the Doctor, Georgia and Conner the left. Inside the room were a large clock and a fireplace. Next to the fireplace was a sofa, on which two people were sitting. One was a woman, who was wearing a large grey wig; the other was a man, also wearing a grey wig. They were both sipping tea.

“Mother, father, this is the Doctor, Georgia and Lord Conner,” Acacia introduced, “Do you know why Mina’s in such a mood by the way?” Acacia slumped herself on the sofa next to her mother.
“I have no idea,” Acacia’s mother, Velda, replied, “But why are these people here?”
“Oh, of course, I haven’t explained yet, I was attacked by a monster and they saved me from it,” Milford explained.
“You were attacked by a monster?” Acacia’s father, Paul, said in a disbelieving voice.
“Yes, I really did, you must believe me, and I need to call the authorities,” Milford said.
“He isn’t going mad, there was this big brown hairy thing,” Georgia said.

“Where are you from exactly?” Velda asked.
“I am from the capital, London, of course,” Georgia replied, “But we each live in our own mansions.”
“I own rather a lot of land, my poor father died, leaving me in charge of the family, and the estate” Conner explained, “I met my friends Georgia and the Doctor, while I was holiday, in France.”
“So, a monster attacked you Milford?” Paul asked.
“Yes, it pushed me onto the floor, and it had large teeth and it looked like it was about to bite me when Georgia shouted at it, and it ran off,” Milford explained.
“A monster ran off when she shouted at it?” Paul repeated.
“That’s right,” Milford replied.
“Really?” Paul said, looking at Georgia and frowning.
“She can be pretty vicious at times, can Georgie,” the Doctor explained, “If I was a hairy, brown monster and she came at me, I’d be pretty terrified.”
“You... silly... thing, I am not vicious,” Georgia said, as she struggled to find acceptable words, “I just have a loud voice, is all.”

“I can’t believe you nearly died!” Acacia exclaimed, grabbing Milford’s hands, “If you died, I’d never be able to marry you, or move into your mansion.” A man with dark, sleek hair slinked into the room and spotted Georgia.
“Who died?” the man commented.
“Tyrone, please do not enter the room like that again,” Velda snapped.
“Sorry, but who died?” Tyrone asked, “I hope nobody related to that beautiful girl over there.” Tyrone began to walk over to Georgia, but Conner tried to pull her towards him, but he ended up pulling her too strongly, so she fell over.

“CONNER!” Georgia shrieked.
“I am so sorry, Mrs Adlington, for this unladylike fashion in which Georgia just fell to the ground,” the Doctor apologised.
“It’s Conner who should be apologising,” Georgia snapped.
“Hey I was just...” Conner began, but stopped mid-sentence.

“Well, are we ready to go to Lady Adlington’s then?” Tyrone asked cheerfully, “And is that gorgeous lady coming with us?”
“Tyrone, behave yourself, do not be some forward to someone who you do not know,” Velda snapped, “This is the Doctor, Georgia and Lord Conner.”
“I like Lord Conner,” Conner told Georgia smiling.
“I don’t care what you like,” Georgia hissed back, she was still angry that Conner had made her fall to the ground.
“They saved Milford from a monster, apparently,” Velda continued.
“Well now I know them, can I...?” Tyrone began.
“No you cannot,” Paul replied, “Sit down, and behave yourself, we will wait until Mina comes down then we shall head for the ball.”
“I saw Mina heading into the kitchen,” Acacia said.
“Yes, I think she was looking for something to powder her face,” Velda explained.
“I’ll go help her, knowing Mina she’ll start putting egg white on her face,” Acacia announced, “See you later!” Acacia rushed from the room with a smile on her face.
“Acacia, do not rush around in that unladylike fashion!” Velda called after her.

“Who’s Mina?” the Doctor asked.
“Mina is my adopted daughter,” Velda explained.
“I’m not adopted though, so its fine,” Tyrone said, getting closer to Georgia.
“Do you have something against adoption?” Georgia asked.
“Well, most orphans are idiots, useless petty criminals that live on the streets,” Tyrone replied, “People look down on them, I don’t know why mum kept her.”
“That's because they're put in smelly children's homes, where nobody cares for them properly," Georgia snapped.
“Tyrone, you will not mention orphans for the rest of the night,” Velda ordered, “You know what Lady Adlington’s like with them.”
“Lady Adlington didn’t want you to keep Mina, why did you?” Tyrone asked.
“What your mother and I choose to do is not of your concern, now make sure the coaches are ready,” Paul ordered, and Tyrone stumped out of the room. Georgia pulled out a fan and started fanning her face in a posh manner.

“Hey, Elizabeth, where did you get the fan?” the Doctor asked Georgia, and she glared at him.
“I’m sure Lady Adlington would love to listen to your story Milford, and your part of it to Doctor, she loves to have new people in her midst,” Paul explained, “So I’m sure she would not object to you coming, especially since you’re a Lord, and you’re a Doctor, and you own a mansion in London.”
“My mansion is in an un-plebeian district of London,” Georgia said.
“Where did you learn that word?” the Doctor asked her.
“From my mum,” Georgia sighed, as Tyrone entered the room smiling.

“The coaches are ready, I got the footman to ready three,” Tyrone explained.
“But I’m sure we could all squeeze into two,” Paul commented.
“We wouldn’t want Georgia to feel squished, especially after they came all this way from...” Tyrone began, but stopped and looked at Georgia for help, but she did not respond.
“They did have a long journey from London,” Milford said, “So I suppose it would be nice if they weren’t squashed in.”
“Well then that’s settled,” Velda announced.
“Mother, if you go with Acacia and Mina, then father, Milford, Conner and the Doctor can go in another,” Tyrone organised, “And if I go in the last carriage with Georgia.”
“Then there’ll still be 4 in one carriage, wouldn’t it be better...” Paul began.
“It’s fine!” Tyrone snapped.
“I’d like to go with Georgia,” Conner said.
“Well, I’d rather not go with you pushy,” Georgia replied, and turned away from him.


The Cooper’s shop’s bell rang as a customer entered the store. Eirlys Cooper looked up and rushed into the main store, where she saw Emmett tidying wigs and the Lady Adlington standing in the centre of the room, with two of her footmen, looking as if she owned the place.

“Eirlys, Lady Adlington would like a new wig for her party tonight,” Emmett told his wife.
“It is not a party you twit, it is what one would call a gathering,” Lady Adlington explained, “My family are coming over, I should be there now, but last time I was in here I saw a wig that I just had to buy.”
“Which one was it my Lady?” Eirlys asked.
“It was that one,” Lady Adlington answered, pulling off one of her gloves and pointing at a huge wig in the corner with a large red bow on it.
“We’d have to have a trying on session my lady, that could take a while,” Eirlys began.
“I don’t see why, there are no other customers,” Lady Adlington snapped.
“But it would still take a while, and you need to get to your party, I mean, gathering,” Eirlys replied, “I wouldn’t want you to be late.”
“I’ll just buy it then, if it doesn’t fit me I can place it on one of my Granddaughters, or my daughter-in-laws,” Lady Adlington said, “How much?”
“I’m afraid it is not for sale,” Eirlys replied.
“But we’d be happy to give you another one, for a lower price, since you wanted that one so badly,” Emmett said, joining his wife.
“I don’t want any old wig,” Lady Adlington replied, “I want that one, is it reserved, because I will pay more than anyone else around here. Can you think of anyone richer than me, can you?”
“Of course not ma’am, but you see it’s one of our finer pieces are we are not willing to sell it,” Eirlys replied.

“Give me my purse,” Lady Adlington told one of her footman, she snatched the purse of him and then pulled out several coins from it, “I will pay dearly for it, now give it to me.”
“All right,” Eirlys muttered.
“But...” Emmett began.
“Emmett will fetch it for you, we’ll take the money,” Eirlys said, grabbing the money and counting it, as Emmett walked over to the huge wig and removed it from the shelf.


Meanwhile, Georgia had been forced to go in a coach with Tyrone to Lady Adlington’s party, but she didn’t mind too much, as she knew it would annoy Conner the most. Georgia was still very angry that he made her fall over, embarrassing herself in front of the high society. Tyrone had put on a rather hideous wig, that he thought would make him more attractive, Georgia could not help thinking it made him look worse.

“Georgia, you are so beautiful,” Tyrone commented.
“Don’t say such things, ‘cos you’re not exactly Prince Charming,” Georgia replied.
“Who’s Prince Charming, I bet he could never match up to me,” Tyrone said.
“Yeah, well you can’t, sorry,” Georgia said, “How far to go?”
“Not long, a few more minutes,” Tyrone answered, “ARGH!” Tyrone’s eyes flashed red and Georgia screamed. Tyrone fell to the floor of the carriage and started gasping for breath.

“STOP THE COACH!” Georgia shouted, as clumps of hair on Tyrone’s wig started moving around like the snakes in Medusa’s hair. The hair started attacking Georgia, grabbing her ankle. Georgia shrieked, as the coach shook violently and she was thrown to the ground, where Tyrone lay, eye’s flashing. The wig began pulling Georgia closer towards it, where she felt sure she would meet her death.

TO BE CONTINUED

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP