Wednesday 13 January 2010

Episode 9: Snowfall in the City Part 5

Kaylie looked around, and saw that Shillica, the Sednian was not far away. Kaylie put her hand in her blazer pocket and felt the weird psychic paper that the Doctor had given her, but why had he given it to her? Kaylie sprinted after Shillica, not knowing what else to do.

“Excuse me,” Kaylie called.
“Oh, back again, you know I was trying to remember where I’d seen you before,” Shillica replied, “And I remember you look like a human thing. According to my friend Lizcoo, she’s the local gossip, there are some humans inside the alliance’s court as we speak, and apparently Lord Komanfdu, if you know who I mean, he’s a right nasty piece of...”
“Yes I know who you mean,” Kaylie interrupted, “What about him?”
“Well he ordered some of his guards to storm one of the Plutonian science base things,” Shillica explained, “And apparently they killed a couple of Plutonians, and found some more humans there, and apparently Lord Komanfdu is trying to blame the humans, yeah I am very well informed. It’s all ‘cos Lizcoo’s brother-in-laws best friend works at the court.”

“Have you seen any of his guards around here?” Kaylie asked.
“Well now you come to mention it, Lizcoo’s friend saw some yeah,” Shillica answered, “Now this all a big fat rumour, but apparently Komanfdu’s guards kidnapped a Plutonian and put him in the jail and apparently, this is according to Lizcoo’s friend’s mother-in-law, the Plutonian had been sent on a secret mission to some far away planet, of course it’s all very hush hush, the guards won’t tell you anything, unless your Lizcoo’s friend’s mother-in-law apparently.”

“It’s the little alien, Ikorg!” Kaylie exclaimed.
“Ikorg? My best friend’s dad’s second cousin twice-removed is called Ikorg,” Shillica said smiling, “What a huge coincidence is that? Eh?”
“Yeah, do you know where the prison is?” Kaylie asked.
“Yes, of course I do,” Shillica replied, “I’ve never been there though, but my friend...”
“Can you just show me the way please,” Kaylie asked.
“Oh alright, I’ll show you, we can chat on the way,” Shillica replied, smiling as Kaylie sighed.


The Doctor was still surrounded by Lord Komanfdu’s guards, which included Aikl, and Lord Komanfdu himself. Lord Komanfdu had just ordered the guards to kill him, but none of them had.
“Kill him!” Lord Komanfdu repeated.
“But sir, he’s saved planets and stars and solar system’s from the forces of evil,” Aikl replied.
“I told you to kill him!” Lord Komanfdu roared, “I don’t care what he’s done before, he just stole some secret plans! Unless you want to loose your jobs, I suggest you fire now!”

“Don’t you dare,” Roiralt said as he marched down the corridor.
“You will be silent! I have authority here,” Lord Komanfdu snarled.
“Aikl, what are you doing here?” Roiralt asked.
“Well, I’m sorry sir, but...” Aikl began.
“He’s been working for ME! NOT YOU!” Komanfdu shouted, “He’s been working undercover! I know all of your secrets! And I shall reveal them!”
“And I shall reveal yours,” the Doctor replied.
“KILL HIM!” Komanfdu roared.

“Silence!” Ryoff said as he appeared in the corridor, “Komanfdu you go back to your station immediately, court is recommencing in less that a minute! You do not have any power against us Komanfdu, now leave!”
“Give me the plans!” Lord Komanfdu ordered.
“I don’t think so, Lord Komanfdu you are going to be in deep trouble,” the Doctor said smiling. Lord Komanfdu made an attempt at stealing the plans from the Doctor’s pocket, but Roiralt and Ryoff pushed him back.
“Ryoff Clamadoff, you’re in deep trouble now,” Lord Komanfdu hissed as he marched off, followed closely by his guards. The Doctor followed Ryoff and Roiralt back into their room. Lord Komanfdu halted at the end of the corridor.

“Sir, what is it?” Aikl asked.
“I want you to go to ICE,” Lord Komanfdu replied, “I want you to find any files on the long distance particle transporter. Kill anyone that gets in your way! After that I want you to go to Sedna and kill the little alien, then take his body here. Be discreet.”
“But, sir what if your plans fail,” Aikl asked.
“My plans never fail, but if they do I shall use emergency Plan B,” Lord Komanfdu snarled, “That will wipe the smiles off their faces.”
“Sir, how shall I get to Pluto?” Aikl asked, “The teleport room’s broken.”
“There’s one on the opposite side of the main court,” Lord Komanfdu answered, “Hurry up!”

“Where’s Kaylie?” Roiralt asked.
“She’s gone,” the Doctor replied, “Where’s Angilkar?”
“Oh, she’s gone,” Roiralt answered.
“What are those plans Doctor?” Ryoff asked, “They look a bit like the Secret sphere if you ask me, but then I don’t suppose you know what the secret sphere is.”
“I do actually,” the Doctor replied, “And I’m glad that these plans look like the ‘secret sphere’ as you call it.”

The walls of the room began to rise and the ceiling began to vanish, in a few seconds the Doctor could see the court again.
“The court will now recommence,” Pluton announced.
“I think my client wishes to speak,” Ryoff said.
“Very well,” Pluton replied.
“I would like to speak!” Lord Komanfdu shouted.
“Silence! Follow the laws of the court,” Pluton replied.
“Now, you listen here! I have to speak before that Doctor,” Lord Komanfdu replied angrily.
“Be quiet Lord Komanfdu, wait your turn,” Sednaki ordered and Lord Komanfdu fell silent.
“Continue Doctor,” Pluton said.

“Right, I’ve heard that you know its snowing on Pluto,” the Doctor said, “Is that true?”
“It’s snowing a compound of methane, why do you ask?” Sednaki said.
“Who told you that?” the Doctor asked.
“My second told me,” Sednaki replied indicating to S, his second in command.
“All right, who told you that?” the Doctor asked.
“Lord Komanfdu told me, his scientists had told him,” S replied.
“Well, unfortunately Lord Komanfdu lied,” the Doctor said, “I know that it is snowing on the city of ICE, and I know what’s causing it.”
“I OBJECT!” Lord Komanfdu shouted.
“Objection overruled,” Pluton replied quickly.

“There is a machine in ICE, it is sphere shaped,” the Doctor began.
“Doctor, you can’t tell them,” Roiralt hissed.
“But your machine doesn’t do anything like that,” Ryoff told Roiralt.
“This machine is an atmosphere converter,” the Doctor explained, “Which has been converting much of Pluto’s atmosphere into H2O, or water, the planet is so cold is turns to snow, you’ve seen something like snow before I’m sure, but not of this texture.”
“Do you have proof?” Sednaki asked.
“Yes, I have these plans and I can show you the machine if you like,” the Doctor answered.

“Now, this is where I step in, if I may, because I know some more information on that,” Lord Komanfdu said.
“Can I continue please,” the Doctor said.
“I think that Lord Komanfdu may have a quick word now,” Sednaki replied.
“Thank you,” Lord Komanfdu said, “Now this machine can be found in ICE, but where you ask? In one of the Plutonian science bases.” There was a gasp from many of the aliens.
“What, you are suggesting that we are trying to kill ourselves?” Pluton asked, “You know that we die if we touch this kind of snow, water kills us.”
“I’m not suggesting you are responsible, Pluton,” Lord Komanfdu said, “But some of your scientists, in fact I think we have one of them with us, Roiralt!”
“What! All right I admit, I have been working on a spherical machine,” Roiralt said, “But it is not any kind of atmosphere converter.”
“Oh, then what does it do?” Lord Komanfdu asked.

“My client wishes to express that my Lord Pluton gave him permission for this secret project to take place,” Ryoff interrupted.
“A secret project?” Lord Komanfdu asked, “What is this secret project?”
“Pluton gave you permission for a secret project, without consulting me?” Sednaki asked.
“I would have told you Sednaki,” Pluton replied.
“But you didn’t,” Sednaki snapped.
“Quiet over there, stop breaking court rules,” Lord Komanfdu snarled, “Now what does it do?”
“I must protest, you cannot tell us what to do!” Pluton exclaimed.

“SILENCE!” the Doctor shouted, “Now if Roiralt would like to explain.”
“All right, I have been working on a long distance particle transporter,” Roiralt announced, “Basically a long distance teleport, without a pod or a teleport room needed.”
“You have been working on that without consulting Sedna?” Sednaki asked.
“We thought it would take a long time to get permission for this,” Pluton explained, “So we...”
“Decided to go through with it without asking,” Sednaki replied, “I hope you are aware that that is against the alliance’s rules.”

“Can we just listen?” the Doctor began, but few heard him there were arguments breaking out in different areas of the court.
“And not only have they built this contraption, which is merged with an atmosphere converter,” Lord Komanfdu shouted over the noise, “But they sent a Plutonian to Earth using the machine! Then they realised I was onto them, so they killed the alien that they sent, they also killed one of the head guards, who was known as Xelionth, because he knew all about the plans too. Even now, one of the other scientists is missing, presumably dead.”
“I swear none of that is true!” Ryoff exclaimed, and as before most of the aliens starting shouting too.
“You sent someone to Earth?” Sednaki roared, “Without consulting Sedna!”
“That is a lie! I saw the plans myself!” Pluton was shouting.
“Stop, I think we should all just stop,” the Doctor said holding his hands up, “Not again...”


Meanwhile, Kaylie and Shillica had reached the prison where Ikorg was locked up. Kaylie had endured over 5 minutes of Shillica going on about nothing remotely important and was getting very annoyed.

“So, what do we do now?” Shillica asked.
“You can go now,” Kaylie replied, “Thanks for your help.”
“That’s alright love,” Shillica replied smiling, “And if you ever need any help installing remote controlled fridge magnets just ask.”
“I will,” Kaylie replied smiling falsely, as Shillica wandered off. Kaylie walked into the prison’s reception, and walked up to a prison guard.

“Who are you?” the prison guard asked.
“I’m Lord Komanfdu’s assistant,” Kaylie replied holding up the psychic paper that the Doctor had given her, “I’m here to pick up a prisoner.”
“What species are you?” the prison guard asked.
“I’m a Blish Bloshian,” Kaylie replied, “The prisoner’s called Ikorg, hurry up!”
“I know who you mean,” the prison guard replied, “I’ll fetch him now.” The prison guard walked through a pair of double doors and came back about a minute later with the little alien.

“It’s you!” Ikorg exclaimed.
“Yes I am here,” Kaylie said with a haughty expression, “You will come with me.”
“You need to sign him out,” the prison guard called after them. v “I don’t have time for that riff raff,” Kaylie replied marching away with Ikorg following closely behind.

“What’s going on?” Ikorg asked.
“I need to destroy something,” Kaylie answered, as they left the prison, “Do you know where the nearest teleport station is?”
“It’s just round the corner I think,” Ikorg replied, “I’ve only been here once before, on a holiday. They said it was going to be exotic, it felt the same to me.”

“We need to get to Pluto,” Kaylie said.
“All right, follow me,” Ikorg replied, as they walked down the busy Sednian Street into a huge building, hundreds of doors were leading off the walls into teleport rooms. Kaylie and Ikorg walked up to one of the doors.
“Can you work it please?” Kaylie said.
“All right,” Ikorg replied, “Where exactly do you want to go?”
“That science bit in ICE where the sphere machine is,” Kaylie answered.
“You know about that?” Ikorg asked.
“Yes, and a lot more too,” Kaylie replied.

“I’ve put in the coordinates,” Ikorg said, “Now we go inside and wait for a few seconds.” Ikorg and Kaylie walked into the room, stood for a few seconds until a bright light filled the room and they appeared in another teleport room. They left the room and walked down a couple of corridors before reaching a large door. Kaylie tried to open the door, but was unable to.

“It’s genetically locked,” Ikorg replied, as he placed his hand on the door, but nothing happened.
“What’s wrong?” Kaylie asked.
“The door should swing open,” Ikorg answered, “It should open for me.”
“Maybe the door doesn’t feel like it,” Kaylie replied.

“Ikorg?” a shocked voice called, “What are you doing here?” Angilkar then appeared from one of the labs on either side of the corridor they were standing in. She was carrying a large pile of papers and looked slightly harassed.
“This human freed me,” Ikorg replied, “I don’t know what her name is yet.”
“It’s Kaylie,” Kaylie replied.
“Kaylie, who sent you here?” Angilkar asked.
“The Doctor, you see there’s this machine it’s a long distance particle thing,” Kaylie replied, “But it’s been merged by Lord Komanfdu into an atmosphere converter, its causing H2O to appear in the atmosphere.”
“That’s not true,” Angilkar said slowly, “Roiralt and I would have realised if it was something else.”
“But you didn’t build it,” Kaylie replied, “And Lord Komanfdu merged it so well that only a genius would have been able to work out it was something else. You see Aikl is working for Lord Komanfdu, he must have swapped the plans so the builders built both things.”
“Aikl, he wouldn’t dare,” Angilkar said.
“Oh wouldn’t I?” Aikl said as he marched down the corridor, pointing his gun at Angilkar.
“AIKL!” Angilkar shrieked.

“I don’t know what you two are doing here,” Aikl said to Kaylie and Ikorg, “But I’ll make sure you’re locked up later, as for Angilkar, I know what you were trying to do.”
“Oh really?” Angilkar replied.
“You were trying to hide your files on the particle transporter,” Aikl snapped, “Now drop the files.”
“No!” Angilkar replied, “You will back down.”
“I don’t think so,” Aikl said nastily.
“Please... no!” Angilkar said, before Aikl shot her and she fell to the ground, dead.

“That solves some problems,” Aikl said smiling, “I get the files and she’s out of the way.” Aikl stooped down to pick up the files. Without warning Kaylie ran at Aikl and leapt on top of him. Aikl shrieked and dropped his gun on the floor, Ikorg grabbed it. Aikl pushed Kaylie off him and ran off, but he was pursued by Ikorg and Kaylie. Ikorg fired the gun, but missed, it did, however, hit the ceiling and a chunk of the roof fell on top of Aikl’s head.

“Yes!” Kaylie exclaimed. She ran up to Aikl, who had fallen next to a door that led out onto the planet’s surface.
“What should we do with him?” Ikorg asked.
“Push him outside, quick he’s waking up!” Kaylie exclaimed, she opened the door and suddenly an alarm went off. Ikorg and Kaylie pushed Aikl out into the snow, before quickly closing the door. Aikl woke up and looked around, he saw that the snow was falling on top of him, and then screamed as the snow burned him. In a second Aikl was dead.

“Woops, I forgot he’d die,” Kaylie said, biting her lip, “I thought he’d just get really cold, ah well, he was a git.”
“What do we need to do now?” Ikorg asked.
“We need to destroy the atmosphere converter thing,” Kaylie replied.
“But Roiralt and Angilkar took ages working on that,” Ikorg said, “You wouldn’t want to spoil her memory would you?”
“Ikorg, the snow is dangerous it could...” Kaylie began, but suddenly the ground began to shake violently, which caused more of the roof to collapse. The shaking didn’t stop, as Ikorg and Kaylie ran up the corridor towards the door that led to the room with the spherical machine.

“Is the snow doing this?” Ikorg squeaked, as he tried to open the door to the room.
“I think so; we need to get in there!” Kaylie screamed, as more of the roof collapsed, “I think that the material that the city is built with is reacting with the water. Oooh I sound like the Doctor!” Even more of the ceiling collapsed, and Kaylie could hear filing cabinets collapsing next door.
“We’re going to die!” Ikorg wailed.


Back in court, the Doctor had finally managed to get quiet.
“Roiralt, has nothing to do with any of this,” the Doctor explained, “Lord Komanfdu had an operative working for the chief guard in ICE, Xelionth.”
“What rot!” Lord Komanfdu snarled.

“Lord Komanfdu suspected something was going on in the science base at ICE, so he sent Aikl in to work for Xelionth and try to find out some information,” the Doctor continued, “Aikl gave Lord Komanfdu the plans for the particle transporter and Lord Komanfdu realised this was his chance, his chance to get rid of Pluto, whom he never liked. Lord Komanfdu edited the plans, so the machine would be merged with an atmosphere converter.”
“None of this is true!” Lord Komanfdu said in an exasperated voice.
“Silence!” Sednaki ordered.
“Aikl swapped the plans, so the builders built the two merged machines,” the Doctor explained, “Only a genius could tell the difference between the plans, so the builders wouldn’t have noticed, not that I’m saying builders or stupid, but if they were geniuses then they wouldn’t have become builders... anyway. Aikl, however, couldn’t get to the machine as the area was genetically locked, but when Angilkar and Roiralt sent Ikorg to Earth they accidentally set off the atmosphere converter.”

“Then how do you explain the deaths,” Lord Komanfdu asked, “My friend Aikl found Ikorg and Xelionth dead, they were hidden in a cupboard in the usually locked section, so it must’ve been Roiralt! Roiralt and Ryoff are trying to frame me!”
“Doctor, it’s all backfired,” Roiralt muttered.
“Ikorg is still alive actually!” the Doctor replied.
“Oh really, then why don’t you ask your human friends,” Lord Komanfdu answered, “Call for the two humans.” Georgia and Zac walked onto Lord Komanfdu’s balcony unaccompanied.

“Is Ikorg the Plutonian alive?” Pluton asked.
“No, I saw Roiralt kill him,” Georgia replied slowly, her eyes were wide and unblinking and her face was expressionless.
“Is Xelionth still alive?” Pluton asked.
“No, I saw Roiralt kill him,” Zac answered, he was wearing the same expressionless face as Georgia.
“No!” the Doctor exclaimed, “He’s wiped their memories!”

TO BE CONTINUED

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP