Friday 6 March 2009

DT's fanfic video diary NO 2

NO2

“Hello, and welcome to my second video diary”, DT says, he is standing in the UNIT base set, “Colonel Mace, Captain Price and Captain Gifford are the three UNIT members who appear in Georgia and the Magnet Warriors. I’m about to go to the UNIT set for the scene when I arrive at the headquarters. It’s weird because I filmed my only scene with the actor who plays Brian the other day, which is based just before this scene, but I’ve been told by the director that it has all ready been cut, so that was an hours filming and waiting wasted”.

The camera fizzes and as it comes back into focus DT is on set with the actress who plays Captain Price, Bridget Hodson.
“Hello Bridget!” DT says.
“Hello”, Bridget replies quietly.
“What’s it like being back on Doctor Who?” DT asks.
“I’m very happy to be back”, Bridget answers, “It is loads of fun being on Doctor Who. I have more lines than in the Sontaran Stratagem but I’m in less scenes. Everyone is really friendly too”.

“So, what do you think of the Magnet Warriors?” DT asks.
“Oh they look quite freaky”, Bridget comments, “Although I haven’t filmed any scenes with them. We filmed this scene on a street with lots of rubble and metal objects, and a magnet warrior was originally going to appear in that scene, but they didn’t. We’re going to film a scene with the magnet warrior ship appearing on the screen over there”. Bridget points to a green screen.
“So we’ll be pretending that there is something instead of the green screen”, DT says. “I think so”, Bridget says.

“What’s that over there?” the Doctor asks, pointing at a harness by the fake window of the UNIT HQ set.
“I’m not sure”, Bridget replies, “Does someone get sucked out the window or something?”
“Oh that’s me!” DT exclaims, “I’ll have to be in that. I magnetise a ring or something..."
“Have you ever been on something like that before?” Bridget asks.
“Yes, in the Last of the Time Lords”, DT answers, “Oh looks like we’re going to film the scene!” Bridget nods and walks on to the set. Several other UNIT members walk onto the set too including Rupert-Holiday Evans, who plays Colonel Mace and the actor who plays Captain Gifford. DT gives his camera to someone and goes over to the door of the set, waiting for his cue.

“Action!” the Director calls.
“The valiant’s ready”, Bridget, as Captain Price says, peering through a window.
“Then haul out the net”, Colonel Mace orders happily. Captain Gifford is on a mobile phone. DT waves from the side of the set.
“Haul out the net. Orders from Colonel Mace”, Captain Gifford says into the phone just as DT as the Doctor, bursts through the door. Colonel Mace turns around.
“Doctor. I’m glad you’re here”, Colonel Mace says Captain Price and Captain Gifford turn and stand up.
“I wouldn’t salute”, Colonel Mace says.
“Of course Sir”, Captain Price obeys. DT as the Doctor sees Colonel Mace and Captain Price and smiles.
“Fantastic! Colonel Mace and Captain Price”, DT smiles widely.

“And cut!” the director calls, “Well done everyone!”

DT is back in his trailer, again looking tired.
“It’s been a week since I filmed the scenes at UNIT HQ and tomorrow I’m filming my final scenes for Georgia and the Magnet Warriors!” DT says, “Time does seem to go quickly, I’ve got a scene in the TARDIS with Georgia and then I’m saving Georgia from the Magnet Warrior ship. Today we filmed several scenes at a factory on the edge of Cardiff, which is posing as the Marr’s metals factory which Georgia and the Doctor investigate. But I’m off for bed now after a long day…”

This is again fanfic nonsense, but try and imagine if it were real!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP