Thursday 2 October 2008

Episode 9: Game Over part 3

The Doctor, Georgia, Conner and Kaylie back away, and are in a tight circle. Suddenly, Bulba’s voice can be heard.

“My Dad made this game, originally, to capture people in the Virtual world but one day he died, so now it’s just me left. I used Humans on Earth as guinea pigs. I thought if I could understand Virtual Reality, I could stop it. My Human- err- volunteer does all the appearances, and the delivery, using technology from my home planet. It enables him to get the job done quicker. I do the voices, but he does the acting on the game.”

Georgia rolled her eyes.

“Fascinating.”
“Yeah, but are you nearly done?” Conner asked.

The Tigers leap at the TARDIS crew and Kaylie, but vanish before they can strike.

Dorris whips round. So does Lisa. They see each other.

“Oh my God!” Lisa cried “I thought you wanted to eat me!”
“Eat you dear?” Dorris asked “I’m not a cannibal.”
“I thought you were a Black Panther sort of thing,” Lisa explained.
“I was getting ready to put you in a headlock,” Dorris said modestly.
“Right.”

Dorris takes Lisa’s arm, and they walk on through the bamboo forest.

“Doctor,” Bulba said “I’m teleporting you here. I need some help.”
“Gotcha,” the Doctor grinned “oh and you lot, you’re going to be teleported to Zac, to help him win the game. Think of it as a challenge, and not an experiment.”

He vanishes. Soon after, so do the others. Zac peers round a door. He enters a futuristic Level. He jumps onto a moving platform, when he hears a zap noise. He whips around.

“Who’s there?”

Nobody answers.

The Doctor appears in a small room, with TVs showing various parts of the game, all with different people competing on various Levels. A shadow appears in the corner of the room.

“Who are you?” the Doctor asked.
“Who are you?” the Figure asked.
“I’m the Doctor,” the Doctor replied.
“Doctor?” the Figure asked “Big D!”
“No way, not again,” the Doctor muttered.

Georgia, Conner and Kaylie are whizzing through blue air. Kaylie does a back flip, and passes through the tunnel of air. She is gone. Georgia is sucked out of the air too, and is soon followed by Conner.

“Wooooo!”

Zac hears the zap noise again, and he falls over as a bright blue light fills the air. Kaylie lands on her back, and Georgia and Conner land on their fronts.

“Oww!” Georgia complained “I think I broke a nail.”
“That was fun!” Conner grinned “let’s do that again!”
“It was like travelling through the swirled current in Finding Nemo,” Kaylie said.

Zac steps forward.

“Right,” he said “question time. There are some things I’d like to know.”
“Where d’you want to start?” Georgia asked.
“You’re alive?” Zac asked.
“I’ve got one life left. Sorry to scare you like that.”
“You never called to tell me you were in the game,” Zac said turning to Conner.
“I didn’t want you to worry,” Conner said quietly.

Zac looks at Kaylie.

“You didn’t sneak off with me. You didn’t want to follow. Do you trust me?”
“Yes, Zac,” Kaylie said “but I missed you. Now who knew if I could trust you? You just relied on the Doctor. What if he can’t save us?”
“Don’t say that, he’s better than that,” Conner said “he isn’t just some alien. He cares about us, all of us. If he says he can save us, he will.”
“Come on everyone,” Georgia said “can we just, finish this? I would like to get out alive before tea time.”
“I want to go home,” Kaylie said quietly “with you Zac.”

So they walk on. Zac, then Kaylie, then Conner and Georgia bringing up the rear.

Mr Smith began flashing blue.

“What is it now Mr Smith?” Sarah Jane asked.
“I have found a telecontractic wave length,” Mr Smith explained.
“And what’s that?” Clyde asked.
“Mr Smith can get us into the Game,” Sarah Jane smiled.
“Seriously?” Maria asked “oh but, my mum will be wondering where I am.”
“Come on Maria,” Clyde said “live a little. Your mum’s not gonna notice- she’s your mum!”
“Fair point,” Maria grinned.
“Ready?” Sarah Jane asked.

Clyde and Maria nodded.

“Mr Smith!” Sarah Jane called “power up!”

“Harry is that you?” the Doctor asked, stepping forward.
“Sure is, Big D,” Harry said, leaning towards the light.
“Are you’re the delivery boy?” the Doctor asked.
“Yep.”
“When?” the Doctor questioned.
“It started when I was caught by the game. I’ve been trying to find a way out, ever since,” Harry said sadly.
“Well, you’re busting out, tonight! We’re all getting out of this game. I promise you, this ends tonight!” the Doctor declared.

Conner and the others are walking along a platform. There are noises coming from below.

“I know we can do this,” Conner began “but the Doctor is good for safety.”
“Zac, what Level are we on?” Georgia asked.
“Level 6. Level 5 I was attacked by giant bunny rabbits!” Zac cried.
“But, that means this Level should be worse. I can’t see anything dangerous,” Conner said.

Suddenly, Conner falls off of the platform, into the darkness, which swallows him up.

To be continued…

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP