Saturday 24 July 2010

TTV Series Episode 5: The Final Destination

“We made it, skip,” Amelia smiled at the Doctor. “This is our final destination!”
“For you, maybe,” the Doctor replied. “I’ve still got to find Crystal and get her back.”

The two took their seats at the table of the Inner Circle. Madame Rene glanced at the Doctor and smiled.

“Now, you all know why we’re here,” Hadrius Andes announced. “The Doctor wants to travel to the Salvation Realm to get Crystal Harris back.”
“Is it even possible?” Seldon Oz asked.
“I’ve heard it is,” the Doctor replied. “From various sources…”
“Well you better get your butt over there then white boy,” Mercedes nodded.
“It’s not that simple,” Madame Rene said coolly.

Mercedes glared at Madame Rene, who stared back at her calmly.

“I’ve already explained that an innocent must die,” she informed Hadrius. “And the Doctor knows it must be Tom Harris.”
“He’s not dying,” the Doctor said firmly. “That’s why I’m here, to find another way.”
“What if there isn’t another day?” Tina asked. “You’ve got to be prepared to lose Tom.”
“There has to be another way,” the Doctor replied.
“There isn’t,” Tina said sadly. “I’m sorry.”

The Doctor fell silent, unsure of what to say.

“I will find another way!” he cried.

He raised the Sonic Screwdriver, and the TARDIS materialised behind him. Madame Rene got to her feet, and smiled; the Time Lord was back to his amazing self.

“Who will come with me?” the Doctor asked.
“Amelia stays here,” Hadrius said firmly. “We need seven members.”
“I should go,” Madame Rene hesitated. “I should go home; I can’t keep travelling with you like this. And I don’t want to be there when you can’t save Crystal. I’m sorry.”

There was a flash of light, and Madame Rene disappeared. Tina looked across at Hadrius, who glanced back at her.

“Don’t even think about it,” he warned her.

Tina stood up, drifting towards the Doctor.

“But I could!” she exclaimed. “He needs help, Hadrius.”
“If you go, you can never come back,” Hadrius warned angrily.
“Oh, go on, live a little,” the Doctor grinned.

Tina looked back to the Doctor, then to Hadrius, and then to the other members of the Inner Circle.

“Sit down,” Dennis pleaded. “We need you here.”
“I need help,” the Doctor shrugged. “This position won’t be open for ever, Tina. I always thought it might be you, you know.”
“He’s just saying that,” Vivian frowned. “He hasn’t thought that before, he’s lying.”
“You’re what, the third most important person in the Inner Circle?” the Doctor asked.
“Yes,” Tina nodded. “So what?”
“You could be second, with me.”

Tina thought about this for a moment, before making a decision.

“What about when you get Crystal back?” she asked. “You won’t want me then, and I wouldn’t be able to go back to the Inner Circle…”
“You could stay with me,” the Doctor replied. “I would still want you!”
“But I’d be the third most important,” Tina said sadly.

She stepped away from the Doctor, and sat down. Hadrius stood up, and pointed to the TARDIS.

“Leave, Doctor,” he said angrily. “And never come back. Trying to find Crystal is turning you into a monster. You lied and manipulated Tina, but she saw through you. How many others will you go through to get one girl back?”
“Don’t,” Tina said, upset.

She stood up, and left the room, wiping tears away from her eyes. The Doctor watched her go sadly, and nodded.

“I should go,” he said. “I went too far. Sorry…”

As he opened the door to the TARDIS, he thought about his options. He could go back to Madame Rene, but she wouldn’t come back with him… There was always Chelsea, but he wasn’t sure about her either. She didn’t even know Crystal was dead. And as long as he was around her, there was a danger that Tom would die. He couldn’t have that.

“Wait, Doctor!” a voice called.

The Doctor turned in the doorway of the TARDIS, and saw Amelia had stepped forwards.

“Bye,” she smiled. “Good luck.”
“You too,” the Doctor replied. “Is this really what you want?”
“Yes,” Amelia nodded. “I can’t go with you, you don’t need me… You’re the Doctor after all!”
“I am…” the Doctor realised. “Thanks Amelia, I couldn’t have done it without you.”
“No problem,” Amelia shrugged. “I hope you get what you want. Just don’t lose yourself along the way. Bye.”
“Bye.”

The Doctor stepped into the TARDIS, and closed the door. Amelia watched as it faded away.

The End

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP