Saturday 10 July 2010

Episode 4: Attila Part 5

Suddenly, a lion’s roar echoed around the pit, and the lions began to slink away into the tunnels, leaving Shaka’s body on the floor.
“Shaka!” the Doctor said running over to him. He realised that Shaka wasn’t dead, but very close to dying. The Doctor crouched beside him.
“Doctor, you must help get rid of Attila, he is a monster, help the rebellion,” Shaka breathed, “They’re in a cavern to the North of the town, find...” With that Shaka breathed his last and his head sunk to the floor.
“You sleep now, I can’t kill Attila, but I can find out what’s going on,” the Doctor said, as he stood up and began to walk away from Shaka.

Poliakin picked up the sword and examined it closely. Conner was holding Georgia’s hand as she was frightened of what was happening to her. Conner looked over at Poliakin and he saw a wicked gleam in Poliakin’s eyes.

“This is a precious sword,” Poliakin said quietly.
“What are we going to do?” Conner said to Georgia, “We need to return to the town, but what if those Huns are still following us, what if we come across any more lions.”
“I don’t know Conner, I don’t know anything,” Georgia replied, before asking Poliakin, “Can I have a drink please?”
“Of course,” Poliakin said, and he left the sword on the table and walked outside. He walked over to his old, stone well and began pulling up the bucket of water.

“Georgia, I think we should return to the town, its getting late now, going dark, we could sneak past any Huns,” Conner explained.
“Conner, I would go back, but I feel so weak, my head hurts so much,” Georgia replied.
“Maybe you’re ill,” Conner suggested.
“I don’t think so... but of course!” Georgia said.
“What?” Conner asked confused.
“The lions! They’re alien, obviously, and they’re coming from the spaceship!” Georgia explained.
“What spaceship?” Conner questioned.
“The spaceship I saw! The invisible one, I detected it, well one of my many devices did,” Georgia explained, “I’m not sure what kind of spaceship, possibly a Nayragar spaceship, at least we know who we may be dealing with.”
“What are you talking about?” Conner said, “You’re changing personality again! What is going on?”
“I don’t know, but wha-at... how?” Georgia replied.

The bucket reached the top of the well and Poliakin picked it up, he turned around and saw a long line of the demonic lions in the distance, making their way through one of his fields. Poliakin clapped a hand to his mouth and dropped the water. He hastened inside, where Georgia was holding her head in pain.

“Georgia, it’s alright,” Conner said soothingly, “What’s going on?”
“It’s the lions, they’re here! They’re making their way here!” Poliakin replied.
“Oh my God, what’re we gonna do?” Conner asked.
“I don’t know, is she alright?” Poliakin asked.
“Yeah, of course I’m fine, absolutely brilliant,” Georgia said sarcastically.
“Georgia, can you run?” Conner asked.
“We can’t just run they’ll catch up with us,” Poliakin explained.
“Well what are we going to do then?” Conner spat angrily, “We need to get Georgia to safety!”

“Idea,” Georgia said, standing up smiling, “You’ve dug traps right, well you know where they are, we run towards one of them, jump over all the lions fall in, you can lead us Poliakin.”
“But you’re ill, you can’t run,” Poliakin replied.
“I can run I’m fine,” Georgia replied, “Alons-y then!”
“The Doctor says that,” Conner commented.
“I also say monte bene, but that’s no matter, let’s get going!” Georgia exclaimed.

“Come on then, let’s go out the back, everyone grab a spear,” Poliakin said, leading his way to the back of his home, where three spears were leaning against the wall.
“We won’t need them, they’ll slow us down,” Georgia answered, “Plus my plan will work, thanks to your wonderful lion-sized pit-fall traps.” Poliakin rushed over to the table and grabbed the sword, before following Georgia and Conner out of the back door.
“Come on!” Georgia yelled, as they began to run away from the house. Conner shot a fleeting look behind him, and he saw that the lions had reached the house. “There are a lot of traps this way,” Poliakin said, leading the way towards a part of the woods. There was an earth-shattering roar, as one of the lions saw them running away.

“The lions are following!” Conner shouted, as the lions began to shoot towards them. Poliakin began to sprint towards a large leaf pile, and he jumped over it.
“Jump!” Poliakin yelled, and Georgia and Conner jumped over the leaf pile. Poliakin then stopped in his tracks, making Georgia and Conner stop too.
“Why’re you stopping?” Georgia asked.
“The lions are going to fall into that pit,” Poliakin answered.
“The first few will, but the others will realise not to jump down there,” Georgia whined.
“Good point,” Poliakin said, running towards the woods again.
“You can run remarkably fast for an old man,” Conner said, as he followed Poliakin. There was a crashing noise behind them and all three of them turned to see several lions tumbling into the pit hidden beneath the large pile of leaves. The other lions were stopping at the side of the pit, and some were leaping over it.

“The lions are chasing three suspects,” Vasray reported to General Nay, who smiled.
“Then they’re dead, have they got the sword?” General Nay asked.
“That’s an affirmative sir, but there are several traps in the area, some of the lions have fallen into them,” Vasray explained.
“Who built these traps?” General Nay spat.
“It was an old farmer sir, Poliakin,” Vasray replied.
“Oh, well the lions can’t kill him...” General Nay said smirking.


Humbert and Ezio had followed Eden’s directions, walking to the old willow tree and then walked in the opposite direction.

“She said to walk with your eyes closed,” Humbert replied.
“What?” Ezio replied, “How can that help?”
“I don’t know,” Humbert answered, “But it’s what Eden told me.”
“Are you sure Eden told you this, is all of this really real?” Ezio asked, “It’s just, she turns up and she tells you about this rebellion and the directions, what if...”
“Are you suggesting I dreamed it or something similar?” Humbert questioned.
“Well... I’m sorry, I said I believed you before so I believe you,” Ezio replied, “I’ll close my eyes and walk.”
“Thank you, for believing me,” Humbert said. Together Ezio and Humbert walked forwards with their eyes closed. Suddenly, the noise of a crowd filled the air and they opened their eyes to find themselves in a cavern. The cavern was extensive, and it was lit by flaming torches on the walls. There were makeshift houses and shacks in the cavern where at least a hundred people were living.

“Wow,” Ezio muttered, “How did...?”
“I don’t know,” Humbert replied, turning around, to find an empty patch of cavern wall, flanked on either side by huge flaming torches.
“Who are you two then?” a Woman asked. Humbert and Ezio turned to find a woman wearing a cloak and a cloth on her face, so only her eyes could be seen, but they were surrounded by black paint.
“Humbert and Ezio,” Humbert answered quickly, “We want to join the rebellion.”
“For security measures you have to tell me exactly who told you and if anybody else knows,” the Woman ordered.
“My wife, Eden, told me, I’m not sure how she found out,” Humbert explained.
“Eden Marsh, yes, I know her,” the Woman replied, “And you?”
“Humbert told me, he also told my friend Shaka,” Ezio explained.
“Shaka? Isn’t that a Hun name?” the Woman asked.
“Yes, well, not really, but he doesn’t really like the Hun army, apparently Attila and the Captains have all changed, for the worse,” Ezio explained.
“Yes, there is more going on than meets the eye, I can assure you,” the Woman muttered, “I remember running from the Huns, over roofs, then I escaped the town, and fell into a cave. I can’t remember anything after that...”

“Where did you wake up?” Humbert asked interestedly.
“In this cave, I had no idea how to get out, it was pitch black, I couldn’t see anything,” the Woman explained, “I felt the walls, but I couldn’t find a way out, then, suddenly, the two huge torches somehow were lit and I walked between them, and ended up opposite the willow.”
“Maybe the torches need to be lit for you to walk through the wall,” Humbert suggested.
“But how can it work? How can you walk through walls, and why do we have to close our eyes?” Ezio asked.
“I don’t know, I couldn’t find my way back here until I just closed my eyes, I was just trying so many ways to get back, and then I closed my eyes and back I came,” the Woman explained, “It’s kind of good, actually, because I’m running from the Huns, close my eyes and vanish, they can’t find me.”
“The perfect hiding place,” Humbert commented.
“I still don’t see how it works!” Ezio muttered.


The Doctor walked through a dark tunnel and nearly fell over when he tripped on a part of the floor. He managed to steady himself by placing his hand on the wall. Suddenly, a door appeared in the wall and the Doctor looked intrigued. The Doctor tried to open it, but it wouldn’t move, so he pulled out his sonic screwdriver and then unlocked the door using it.
“There we go,” the Doctor commented, “Maybe I’m closer to finding this ship...”


Ridgebull Ragar placed her hands on her head, as she sat in her study. She stared over at the cabinet, full of bottles. A computer whirred in the corner of the room, as a number on the screen slowly counted up from 80% to 81...

“Miss Ragar, General Nay wishes to ask whether the essence is still safe?” Vasray asked, as he entered the room.
“Oh it’s fine, tell him not to worry, and that if he has nothing better to do, then he should go terrorise a village or something, I suppose he’s too scared of the locals to do that,” Ridgebull snapped.
“Yes, miss,” Vasray muttered.
“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t snap at you, it’s not your fault that your master is a pathetic piece of dirt,” Ridgebull replied, “Now get back to work, you’ll be needed in a bit, tell me how General Nay screams when one of his favourite pets is slain...”
“What?” Vasray asked.
“Don’t worry, just go,” Ridgebull answered, and Vasray left the room. Ridgebull stared guiltily over at her cabinet where an empty bottle marked Attila’s essence sat.


Conner, Georgia and Poliakin jumped over another trap, and several Lions fell into it. They jumped over another until Georgia fell to the ground.

“I’m so weak,” Georgia said breathlessly, clutching her chest.
“Georgia!” Conner yelled, crouching beside her.
“Go on without me,” Georgia said, with tears in her eyes.
“No way!” Conner snapped, hoisting her into his arms. Poliakin looked around and stared as a lion shot straight at Conner.
“NO!” Poliakin roared, swishing the golden sword through the air until it sliced off the lions head. The remaining lions howled with rage and they ran towards Poliakin, Georgia and Conner.

“Come on,” Poliakin told Conner.
“That was amazing,” Conner commented, looking shocked.
“Into the trees!” Poliakin said, as he led the way into the wood. Conner followed him, staggering slightly under Georgia’s weight, but she clung onto him safely.
“I feel safe in your arms,” Georgia said smiling, “What’s happening to me?”
“I don’t know,” Conner repied, as he walked past a large bush, then he looked around. Poliakin was nowhere to be seen.

“Poliakin?” Conner asked, taking a step forward, but he had fallen through a hole in the ground into a tunnel below. The tunnel was dimly lit by flame. Conner picked himself up off the floor, and then ran over to Georgia, who was standing up weakly.
“We can’t get out,” Georgia said, looking up at the hole in the ceiling.
“These tunnels, they must lead somewhere,” Conner replied, “Are you alright, can you walk?”
“Yes, I think so, some of my strength has come back,” Georgia replied, “Come on.”


General Nay’s eyes widened in shock, one of his lions had been killed by the farmer, who used the sword.
“GET THE LIONS AFTER HIM NOW!” General Nay yelled at Vasray, who cowered.
“But sir...” Vasray began.
“Kill him! He killed a lion! They are sacred creatures!” General Nay spat.
“Sir, listen, we can’t kill the farmer, because he has to give it to Attila, now that he has held it, only the true wielder may match him in battle,” Vasray explained.
“Then get the lions to find him!” General Nay roared.


The Doctor walked down the stone steps towards the abandoned crashed spacecraft, which was letting off a red light.
“What’s upset you then?” the Doctor muttered, placing his hand on the side of the ship, “You’re a Nayragar ship, but not the one I saw, this one looks like it’s been here for years...” The Doctor walked onto the ship, and into the control room, where a map was set out, ancient and dusty.
“So the original ship,” the Doctor commented, “Interesting...” The Doctor placed his hand on the control panel and suddenly the ship emitted a high pitched squeaking sound.

General Nay and Vasray looked up together in shock. Someone was in the tunnels, alive and not only that; they were inside the original spaceship.
“Sir, it’s not a human,” Vasray muttered, “Only an extra-terrestrial being could have opened the door into that cavern and I think I know which one...”


Ridgebull stared at her computer again, it had reached 97%. She smiled, knowing that her experiment was nearly complete.
“But what do I do about the woman...” Ridgebull muttered.


Humbert and Ezio searched around the shacks for Eden, but couldn’t find her anywhere. And few seemed to know who she was.

“Where could she be?” Humbert asked desperately, “I have to find her.”
“I’ve just had a thought,” Ezio commented.
“What?” Humbert replied.
“Well, we can’t see the door into the real world, can we?” Ezio replied, “What if there are other ways out of this room, now that the other torches have been lit?”
“I don’t understand, you mean there might be other ways out, which we can’t see?” Humbert said slowly.
“Yes, excuse me,” Ezio said to the Woman, who was passing.
“What?” the Woman asked.

“How do you know there aren’t any other ways out of this cavern, we couldn’t see the entrance, what if there are other entrances?” Ezio questioned.
“Because I have felt every inch of this cavern wall, there is no other exit,” the Woman answered, “I would know.”
“What if you have to close your eyes?” Ezio asked, running over to the nearest wall and closing his eyes as he did so.
“It won’t work, there’s just that one exit,” the Woman replied, but as she said this Ezio vanished through a part of the cavern wall.

“Ezio?” Humbert said, closing his eyes and following Ezio through the wall.
“I don’t understand,” the Woman commented, closing her eyes and following Humbert. She appeared in a dimly lit tunnel, where Humbert and Ezio were standing.
“I was right,” Ezio said smiling.
“But I checked every inch of the wall, with my eyes closed and open, how did you...?” the Woman said, surprised and confused.
“I don’t know,” Ezio commented, “Come on; let’s find out what’s this way.”
“Alright,” the Woman said, “I like adventure...”
“Don’t you think we should go back and get some backup?” Humbert suggested.
“No, we’ll be fine, you’re with me,” the Woman replied firmly.


Conner and Georgia continued down the dark tunnels until they reached a door at the end of the tunnel. Georgia looked at Conner and raised her eyebrows.
“Well, the door’s metal, maybe we’ve found the alien’s base,” Georgia commented, “If we had my sonic screwdriver, I could open the door, but it looks like it won’t open.”
“Georgia, you don’t have a sonic screwdriver, remember?” Conner said. Suddenly, an ear-splitting roar echoed from the other end of the tunnel.

“They’re in the tunnel!” Conner exclaimed, and he started shoving himself against the door in an attempt to open it. The door flew open, but Conner hadn’t opened it. Georgia clutched at her heart, as it began to slow and Conner looked at her in shock. He grabbed her hand and pulled her through the door, closing it behind them. They were in another tunnel, and there stood a tall, pale-blue-skinned alien, with long brown hair.
“Nice to meet you,” the alien commented. Suddenly, the door banged open and a lion shot through it, straight at Georgia. The lion hit Georgia, as the alien fired a shot at it.


“What’s that noise?” Humbert asked, as a roaring sound echoed through the tunnel.
“It’s a lion!” the Woman said scared, “We have to get out of here! Now, run for it!”
“Yes ma’am!” Ezio said, as he ran back down the tunnel towards the cavern, but suddenly, a lion jumped out of a hidden tunnel in the wall. A lion appeared behind them, blocking their exit.
“Oh my God...” Ezio said, as the lions closed in for the kill.


“GEORGIA!” Conner yelled, running over to Georgia, who lay motionless on the ground. The lion had thrown her against the wall.
“Is she alright?” the alien asked concernedly.
“No,” Conner replied, feeling for a pulse, “But being pushed against a wall couldn’t have...”
“What’s wrong?” the alien muttered.
“She’s...” Conner began in a shocked voice, he couldn’t find a pulse, “No! She can’t be, Georgia! No, you... you can’t be...”
“Is she...?” the alien asked.
“She’s dead,” Conner said, beginning to cry. He couldn’t believe it, she was dead, and the Doctor was nowhere to be seen.


The Doctor looked up as he heard running footsteps. He stepped out of the ship and stared as around fifty armed Nayragar burst into the cave, through the door.
“Thought you could just sneak in, did you?” General Nay asked nastily, “Well bad luck! Fire at will soldiers; that man will not interfere!”
“NO!”

Conner held Georgia in his arms, her body limp, never to move again...

TO BE CONTINUED in Rise of the Nayragar

Next Time:
“The wielded will reach the wielder,” General Nay cackled.
“Georgia’s dead,” Conner said tearfully.
“RUN!”
“I can rule the Universe!” Attila roared.
“Time for a new plan,” the Doctor commented.
“But you’re dead too!”
“Life and death; what is that to the Nayragar? You can’t just meddle with it, there are horrific consequences...”

THE END

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP