Thursday 1 July 2010

Episode 4: Attila Part 3

A spear shot through the air and hit the lion in its head. Its eyes and jaw froze, and then the animal slumped onto the floor, dead.
“Who...?” Georgia began.
“The owner of the trap, I’m guessing,” Conner replied.
“Who...?” Georgia asked.


“STOP! PLEASE! I-I, I can help Attila!” the Doctor stammered, as the guards grew closer.
“Tear him up!” Attila ordered, “He can’t help me, he won’t be helping anyone soon! He’s a spy from the old order, I know it!”
“I’m a magician!” the Doctor exclaimed.
“STOP!” Attila roared at his guards, and the Doctor looked relieved, “You two, back outside!” Shaka and Ezio left the room with slightly glum and surprised expressions on their faces.
“So...” the Doctor said, grinning slightly.
“So, what magic can you do then?” Attila asked.
“Why are you so interested in magic, I wonder?” the Doctor replied.
“What magic?” Attila demanded, ignoring the Doctor’s question.
“I have a device that buzzes, bought it off a hag, it detects spaceships,” the Doctor explained at a rapid pace, as the frown on Attila’s face grew, “Well actually invisible ones, I thought it was a bit cheap, I mean I can’t be always looking out for spaceships which aren’t invisible, its rather annoying, but...”

“Tear him up,” Attila snarled, turning away from the Doctor, as Attila’s guards rushed forward again.
“Wait! I have this lighty up thing and ooh look paper which is psychic...” the Doctor said, pulling the items out of his pocket and waving them around him.
“HALT!” Attila roared at his guards, he then turned to the Doctor and said, “Show me these items.”
“Well, look at this,” the Doctor said, holding out his sonic screwdriver. Attila took it from him and stared at the Doctor through menacing eyes.
“What is it?” Attila asked.
“It’s a magic wand, well mine, actually, it only works for me, sorry,” the Doctor said shrugging.
“Perform some magic for me,” Attila ordered. The Doctor looked at Attila and then at the armed guards, and then he pressed a button on his sonic which made a hologram of a spaceship appear. It was very wide, but thin, with fire bursting out of one end.
“What is that?” Attila asked excitedly.


General Nay pressed a button on his wrist controller, and an orb of light appeared above him and Vasray, lighting the tunnel.

“We’re heading towards the first crash site,” General Nay explained, “If you hadn’t guessed.”
“You mean where the first Nayragar landed on Earth, four hundred years ago?” Vasray asked.
“Yes, they fell through time, flying too close to the planet,” General Nay replied, leading the way through the tunnels, “Then they found a signal, on Earth, of what could help us to rule the universe.”
“The weapon,” Vasray muttered.
“That’s all we need now, now we have the wielder under our control,” General Nay hissed, “But something is wrong, somebody else is here.”
“That blue box?” Vasray asked.
“No, the man from the box,” General Nay replied, “I need to check something...” General Nay pressed his hand against the stone wall and a door appeared. He opened it and stepped through it onto a staircase, which led down to a crashed abandoned spaceship. There was a strange red light emitting from the spaceship.

“It’s the distress call, isn’t it?” Vasray asked.
“The spaceship is giving off a distress call,” General Nay muttered.
“Why would it do that?” Vasray said confused.
“Because it’s in trouble, which means we all are,” General Nay said quietly. Suddenly, a buzzing noise came from General Nay’s wrist controller and then a voice spoke.

“Sir, the man from the box, he’s made friends with Attila,” the voice informed General Nay.
“Why didn’t Attila have him killed?” General Nay snarled into his wrist controller.
“We don’t know,” the voice replied.
“Are you going to tell them about the distress call sir?” Vasray asked.
“Not now, shut up,” General Nay snapped, before he said into his controller, “Make sure Ridgebull is prepared for when I get back! I want full details of the situation.”

“Sir, are we going to...?” Vasray began.
“Go back now, yes, I shall send some scientists here to sort out the situation, come now,” General Nay pushed past Vasray and rapidly ascended the stairs until he reached the stone tunnel. Vasray followed General Nay, and closed the door behind him. The door slowly sunk back into the wall, until it completely vanished. General Nay and Vasray began to walk back along the tunnel, but suddenly several shapes with bright eyes appeared in the gloom.
“What’s...?” Vasray began, but he stopped as several demonic lions emerged ahead of them, growling and licking their lips.
“Return to the cave, I’m sure Attila will throw someone down there soon, you may even get your teeth into something not from Earth,” General Nay ordered, leering, and the lions scuttled away.


An old man appeared beside the pit, and stared down at Georgia and Conner.

“It was lucky I was around,” the old man commented.
“We’re lucky you were around,” Georgia replied seriously, “I nearly died.”
“Which wouldn’t have been too bad,” Conner commented.
“Bitch!” Georgia snapped.
“What’s bitch?” the old man asked.
“It’s what Georgia is,” Conner answered grinning. Georgia, strangely, did not reply, but looked upset and there was no look of revenge on her face.
“Why are you so mean to me?” Georgia asked.
“I was just joking, Georgia, like we usually do, like when you were being sarcastic,” Conner replied, looking slightly bemused.
“Because I’m never sarcastic,” Georgia said sarcastically.

“Do you want to get out of the pit now?” the old man asked, with slightly raised eyebrows.
“Oh very much, yes,” Georgia replied, and she grabbed the old man’s hand, and allowed herself to be pulled out of the pit. Conner soon followed her.
“So, old man, what’s your name?” Conner asked.
“Don’t be so rude Conner,” Georgia snapped, “But we really should know the name of our saviour.”
“My name is Poliakin, I’m a farmer,” the old man answered.
“A farmer, how interesting, what animals do you keep?” Georgia asked excitedly.
“Georgia, that’s not really important, we have to...” Conner began.
“Yeah, because be chased by Huns or demonic lions is far more important that polite conversation,” Georgia said sarcastically.
“Actually it kind of is, but what was the pit there for?” Conner asked Poliakin.
“These lions have been killing my cattle, many have been coming out of the forest, I’ve set up over 20 in the surrounding area,” Poliakin explained.
“Wow, you must be strong,” Georgia said in an impressed voice.
“I’ve worked on the land for years, I need to be strong to stay alive at my age,” Poliakin answered.
“So how old are you?” Conner asked, before quickly adding, “If you don’t mind?”
“I’m 57,” Poliakin replied.
“Because that’s old,” Georgia said sarcastically, “My mum’s nearly that age, well in a few years.”
“You look too young to have a mother of 50,” Poliakin said.
“That’s so kind,” Georgia said gratefully, as Conner rolled his eyes.

“You’re not from around here, are you?” Poliakin asked.
“How do they always know?” Georgia hissed at Conner.
“Our language, the fact that you’re wearing tight jeans, and a rather flattering shirt,” Conner replied, “Need I say more?”
“Do you know much about swords and mythology and astrology?” Poliakin questioned.
“Well...” Conner began.
“I know all about these things, especially astrology,” Georgia said.
“Since when?” Conner asked Georgia quietly.
“Since I went to school,” Georgia replied.
“Ok...” Conner muttered; Georgia was acting weird. She wasn’t being bitchy, she kept being sarcastic and now she was boasting of her education.

“Follow me,” Poliakin said.
“What about the Lion?” Conner asked.
“It’s dead; the birds can feed on it, better that than the dead cattle,” Poliakin explained, “Now, if you aren’t too busy, I would like to show you something than may be very valuable...”


Humbert sat at his empty table and began tearing a loaf of bread into pieces to eat; he had eaten like this ever since he had lost his wife.

“Humbert, I’m here,” Eden Marsh said quietly from the door. Humbert looked up and saw Eden standing by the door, smiling. Humbert and Eden ran towards each other and hugged, both smiling widely.
“I’m so sorry, I didn’t want to leave you, the Huns were...” Humbert began.
“Don’t apologise, for I have spent weeks away, when I could have returned,” Eden explained, “Do you dislike the Huns?”
“Yes, I hate them,” Humbert replied, “They steal from us, some of them are alright I suppose but...”
“I’m part of a rebellion, a secret rebellion,” Eden interrupted, “We are gathering in number and strength, and our leader is the best leader in the world. She has saved many victims of the Huns.”
“You mean, you’ve met... her?” Humbert asked.
“The Huns are too stupid to think that there could be a rebellion,” Eden continued, “They think we’re all so scared of them.”
“What is the woman’s name?” Humbert asked.
“I do not know, but if you want to be part of the rebellion, then I can help you find them,” Eden replied.
“Of course I do, where do they meet?” Humbert asked.
“In a cavern beneath the town, that is where many of the Huns enemies are hiding, saved by her,” Eden said, “The cavern is opposite the willow by the lake on the North of the town, but it is strange, you have to walk forward with your eyes closed, and you will find us."
“You can show me,” Humbert told Eden.
“No I can’t, the Huns spotted me helping someone, and now I’m on their wanted list,” Eden said quickly, “I’m sorry, my love, we will see each other soon. Goodbye.”
“You aren’t leaving; you have to stay here, as your husband...” Humbert blurted out.
“You should let me do what I have to for my own safety,” Eden replied, “Bye.” Eden then ran from the room, and Humbert tried to follow her, but when he reached the street, it was deserted. The blue box had vanished too...


The Doctor walked into Attila’s dining hall wearing a robe of deep purple, embroidered with gold lace. He was smiling broadly, as the Hun commanders looked up with frowns on their faces.
“Hello,” the Doctor said happily.
“Doctor, sit down over here!” Attila called from the head of the dining table, which was filled with food. The Huns were not using knives or forks, but tearing at their food with their hands.
“What are we eating?” the Doctor asked.
“Food,” Captain Groutroster grunted.
“How nice,” the Doctor commented.

“Sir, why is he still alive, when you told us to kill him?” Captain Groutroster asked Attila.
“When was that?” Attila asked.
“When you said that an enemy had been spotted and you wanted us to kill him,” Captain Groutroster replied slowly.
“Oh yes, but he’s actually a magician,” Attila said, “He can help us to kill our enemies, including the woman.” The Hun commanders along the table grunted in agreement.
“Who’s the woman?” the Doctor asked interestedly.
“From what I hear from my soldiers, she helped you escape earlier today,” Captain Groutroster muttered.
“Oh her, she seemed nice, why do you want to kill her?” the Doctor questioned.
“Because she’s causing trouble, saving people,” Attila answered.
“But without her, you’d never have your new magician,” the Doctor said smiling.
“True, but I still want her head,” Attila growled.
“Lovely,” the Doctor commented.

“Do you not like killing?” Captain Groutroster asked.
“Who doesn’t like killing?” Attila questioned.
“People, who feel for other people,” the Doctor replied lamely.
“What?” Attila snapped.
“Let’s have some magic,” the Doctor said smiling.
“Yes!” Attila said grinning broadly, as he lay a bone he was gnawing at down on the table.


Georgia, Conner and Poliakin walked several fields, including a field of cattle, where Poliakin checked up on his herd, to find that no more cattle had been killed. They carried on towards Poliakin’s small house which was close to the field of cows.
“What a nice house,” Georgia said smiling.
“Yeah,” Conner added, slightly reluctantly. Poliakin, however, did not respond, and instead of going inside the house he went round the back of it.

“Where’s he gone?” Georgia asked.
“Since when have you been any good at astrology?” Conner replied, ignoring Georgia’s question.
“I learnt at school, on Gallifrey,” Georgia replied.
“You what?” Conner said in a confused voice, “You went to St. Marks.”
“Oh yeah, with Zac and Kaylie and Harry,” Georgia said smiling.
“No, you weren’t in our year,” Conner replied, “Remember?” Georgia's reply was cut short when Poliakin returned carrying a sword of gold. Conner stared at it transfixed, this was no ordinary sword.

“I found it in my field, while planting crops,” Poliakin replied, “Just lying there.” Conner reached out for it but at the moment he touched it, the sword flew out of Poliakin’s hands and into the air, where it span, emitting a fiery orange light, which made Georgia shield her eyes.
“What the hell?” Conner exclaimed.

TO BE CONTINUED

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP