Thursday 11 March 2010

Episode 13: The Water's Song Part 5

“You weren’t to know, Beth,” Kaylie said, comforting Beth.
“The Reapers will be here any second...” the Doctor muttered. Zac ran over to a window at the other end of the room and peered out.
“I killed them,” Beth cried, “I should be killed.”
“Don’t say that!” Kaylie hissed.

“I don’t see any Reapers,” Zac shrugged.
“Doctor, what if... you’ve just changed the futures but Georgia, Conner and Korena have gone?” Kaylie asked.
“Time doesn’t work like that, Kaylie,” the Doctor replied.
“There still aren’t any Reapers...” Zac muttered.
“Oh there won’t be any of them,” the Master said, walking into the room, and looking around at the Doctor, Kaylie, Beth and Zac.

“Is that the Master?” Kaylie asked.
“Yes,” the Doctor breathed.
“So you seem to have friends everywhere,” the Master commented, “As do I.”
“But yours aren’t friends are they Master?” the Doctor asked.
“Right in one Doctor,” the Master replied, “So let me guess why you are here. The factory in the future must be underwater, so you come back here, to try and find a substance that will stop my Aquari.”
“Is there a substance?” the Doctor asked.
“If there wasn’t, then I wouldn’t have control over the Aquari,” the Master answered, “You see, my hypnotising doesn’t work on them. I need some kind of a threat. It worked on Lee and Donald and Quentin, they thought I was as trustworthy as a Prime Minister, well actually a lot more trustworthy than one of those.”

“Now, let me guess,” the Doctor said, “You have Aquari elsewhere, don’t you?”
“Oh yes, I have 4 other Aquari mothers around the world,” the Master explained, “The Aquari lived on the planet Refregge, they lived peacefully in fresh water, but then died out. I managed to steal the 5 last remaining Aquari mothers before they became extinct. The only things that were left were a huge amount of Aquari eggs, or particles. I was going to use some particles for a trial run, but the Fidantis race already tried it.”
“They thought the particles could solve global warming, like the humans,” the Doctor guessed.
“That’s right, so these particles were found by the Fidantis and experimented and tested on,” the Master continued, “And then they were released into the sea, now the salty water activated the particles so they turned into Aquari and flooded the planet.”
“So you knew your plan would work,” the Doctor replied.
“Then I experimented on the particles,” the Master said, ignoring the Doctor’s comment, “So that they would not activate until I told them too, I also experimented in the Arctic, apparently the cold activates them too.”

“Please, why do you have to attack Earth?” the Doctor asked.
“Because Earth is your favourite planet,” the Master replied.
“But you’re changing time!” the Doctor exclaimed, “You can’t cross timelines and you are doing so.”
“Your friends don’t say much do they?” the Master commented.
“That’s because I don’t really understand what’s going on,” Kaylie snapped.
“I do,” Zac said gleefully, his smile vanishing a second later.

“Well, Doctor, I will now capture you and your friends,” the Master announced, “I’ve already caught your other companions in the future, I left them unconscious, anyway I’ll seal the door after I leave.”

Sam, Sara and Private Rolf stared at Captain Alton, why had he stopped them from killing the idiot who had just killed Private Nash. Mrs Harrbungershon seemed to be surprised too.

“What is it?” Mrs Harrbungershon asked, “I’ll still fire at you...”
“Look, what do you get from killing us?” Captain Alton asked.
“You can surrender if you like,” Mrs Harrbungershon suggested.
“So you kill us, then you can get the control of this place,” Captain Alton said, “But what’s the point in destroying this place? You are going to die, if you do.”
“That wasn’t on the job description,” Kufuedun muttered.
“Silence Kufuedun, you want justice don’t you?” Mrs Harrbungershon asked, “Now then, say goodbye!”

“What the hell is that light?” Sara asked.
“It looks like a teleport,” Sam replied blocking his eyes, as a blue light filled the room and two figures appeared in the middle of the room, right between Mrs Harrbungershon and the barricade.
“Amita, what is wrong with you?” Delilah asked.
“I knew what he had to do,” Amita replied, “I just suddenly knew, you know?”
“I think we’re at that sea defence...” Delilah muttered.
“I suddenly knew the coordinates,” Amita answered, “Mrs Harrbungershon! Somehow I knew I’d be able to help you if I came here.”
“Who are they?” Kufuedun asked.
“It doesn’t matter,” Mrs Harrbungershon replied, “They can’t help me, now get out of the way or we’ll shoot you.”
“Oh sorry,” Delilah said, dragging Amita out of the way of Mrs Harrbungershon’s gun, which was pointing at the barricade.

“Where’s your husband?” Amita asked.
“Husband!?” Kufuedun, Captain Alton, Private Rolf, Sam and Sara said together.
“I don’t have a husband,” Mrs Harrbungershon replied.
“But of course, she must do, she’s a Mrs,” Private Rolf pointed out.
“I’ve met your husband,” Amita replied, “Months back, ages ago.”
“When was this?” Kufuedun asked.
“It must have been August,” Amita replied.
“The cult’s first gathering was September,” Kufuedun muttered.
“What are you insinuating?” Mrs Harrbungershon demanded.

“Did your husband die?” Captain Alton questioned. Mrs Harrbungershon didn’t reply, but she staggered backwards and fell to the floor.
“My husband,” Mrs Harrbungershon croaked.
“Do you remember him?” Delilah asked.
“Yes,” Mrs Harrbungershon breathed, “I can remember... but he didn’t believe me, we had that argument, he was horrible to me. I had the gun in my hand, it... I didn’t mean...”
“You killed him?” Amita asked, and Kufuedun clasped her hands around her mouth.
“I didn’t want... I didn’t mean... I loved him,” Mrs Harrbungershon explained, “But he wouldn’t listen, I knew, the government source told me everything.”
“I’m sorry, but when I met you and your husband, you told me something about the government,” Amita explained, “And I couldn’t believe what you said.”
“Because your mind isn’t open,” Mrs Harrbungershon replied.
“But your husband, he told me your illness,” Amita continued.
“Oh, she’s mental,” Private Rolf exclaimed.
“Rolf, a little respect,” Captain Alton ordered.
“I’m not,” Mrs Harrbungershon roared, but she didn’t get up.

“Oh God!” Kufuedun wailed, “No, we’ve been following her and we believed her! But she’s mad!”
“According to her husband, she hallucinates,” Amita explained.
“So she imagined everything, everything she told us,” Kufuedun gasped, “We’re idiots, every member of this cult!”
“No you were just following what you believed,” Delilah told Kufuedun.
“Dash died for nothing...” Kufuedun muttered.
“Don’t believe them, you idiot!” Mrs Harrbungershon snapped, she was standing up again and the gun in her hand was pointing straight at Captain Alton’s head.

“Oh no!” Sara exclaimed.
“Mrs Harrbungershon, don’t do anything stupid,” Kufuedun said.
“Shut up you betrayer, or I’ll shoot you,” Mrs Harrbungershon snarled, “As for the rest of you, drop your weapons! DROP THEM!”
“Don’t do it,” Captain Alton ordered.
“Sir, she’s mad,” Private Rolf replied.
“I’m not risking your life,” Sara added, dropping her gun.
“Same here,” Sam muttered, dropping his gun.

“Mrs Harrbungershon, now you know you are wrong, you can’t do this!” Amita pleaded.
“I can do whatever I want, I have a gun,” Mrs Harrbungershon snapped.
“And you think that gives you the right to take lives?” Delilah asked.
“YOU SPOILED EVERYTHING!” Mrs Harrbungershon said angrily, as she began to cry. Suddenly, she fired her gun, but Captain Alton ducked and the laser beam shot straight over his head, rebounded off the wall and hit Mrs Harrbungershon in the chest. Mrs Harrbungershon gasped and fell to the floor. Kufuedun ran over to Mrs Harrbungershon’s body.

“Is she...?” Sara asked.
“She’s dead,” Kufuedun said sadly, “She killed herself...”


Korena, Natalie, Kimiko and Margaret reached the top floor of Lee’s flat block and hammered on the door of the only flat on the floor.

“Go away!” somebody inside the flat hissed.
“Mrs Treacher, its Natalie Penrose,” Natalie replied, “Please open the door.”
“Oh, alright,” Mrs. Treacher replied, opening the door. Mrs Treacher looked about 80 years old, she had a haughty expression on her face and her hair was straggly, white and thin. Even though she was old Mrs. Treacher looked like a formidable woman, who you wouldn’t like to get on the wrong side of.

“What is it?” Mrs Treacher asked.
“I’m Korena Hashimoto,” Korena said.
“Who?” Mrs Treacher asked.
“Has nobody heard of me?” Korena asked, with an annoyed look on her face.
“The water’s rising outside and we had to evacuate our flat,” Natalie explained.
“What do you mean the water’s rising?” Mrs Treacher asked, “And why aren’t you having your lunch, people must learn that it is good to have a brunch.”

“You do know what’s going on around the world, don’t you?” Kimiko asked.
“No,” Mrs Treacher replied, with a confused look on her face, “Are we finally having a nuclear war with America?”
“Mrs Treacher never watches TV,” Natalie explained, “And she never opens her curtains.” Natalie pushed past Mrs Treacher into her flat. Korena followed Natalie into the room, it felt like she had just walked into an antiques shop; Mrs Treacher was obviously very rich. Natalie ran over to the curtains and began drawing them.
“What are you doing?” Mrs Treacher asked angrily.
“Look outside,” Natalie replied, and Mrs Treacher stared out the window. The city of London was mostly underwater, with some buildings falling over.

“It’s like this around the whole world,” Korena explained, “The whole world’s been flooded. The water’s still rising in some places.”
“Hai, sore wa hidoi,” Margaret muttered.
“What was that?’ Mrs Treacher asked.
“My Grandmother only speaks Japanese; she can understand you though,” Korena explained, “We’ve been speaking English because it’s the only language we can all understand.”
“Ikutsu ka no ocha ga ari masu ka?” Margaret asked.
“Not now Margaret,” Kimiko replied.

“Can we stay here for a while?” Natalie asked Mrs Treacher.
“I suppose you’d better, unless you want to go to the roof,” Mrs Treacher replied.
“Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that,” Korena replied, “But by now the water will have reached the floor two below this one.”


Kaylie, Beth and Zac looked at each other. They were all thinking the same thing, why wouldn’t the Doctor do anything to the Master? The Master was still watching and waiting for the Doctor to respond to his latest threat.

“Doctor, why aren’t you stopping the Master?” Beth asked, “Why can’t we just kill him?”
“He’s a Time Lord, plus if I kill him, then time will change,” the Doctor explained.
“Once I’ve defeated you here, I can go back and attack you again!” the Master exclaimed, “So humans, how does it feel being powerless against a Time Lord?”
“I’ve had just about enough of him,” Kaylie snapped, picking up a broken metal pipe from the floor.
“Kaylie, what are you doing?’ Zac asked, but as he said this a pipe soared past his head and hit the Master on the Head. The Doctor rushed forward to help the Master, but he was already running off, his head bleeding.

“Master!” the Doctor called after the Master.
“Wow Kaylie, that was smooth,” Zac commented.
“I do learn some stuff from my younger sister; she taught me how to throw properly,” Kaylie explained.

“So I didn’t kill anyone...” Beth muttered.
“No, don’t worry Beth, you didn’t,” Kaylie replied, “Doctor where are you going?”
“I’m following the Master,” the Doctor replied, sprinting back down the corridor. Zac, Beth and Kaylie sighed and followed the Doctor. They ran down two corridors, through a huge room with vats of water and chemicals, then through another door into a study. Zac, Kaylie and Beth ran into the study to find the Doctor staring at a cupboard that was fading from view.

“Was that cupboard...?’ Zac asked.
“The Master’s TARDIS, yeah,” the Doctor replied.
“An evil Time Lord, I never thought I’d meet one of those,” Zac commented, as the Doctor rummaged about the study, pulling out papers from draws and dropping them on the floor.

“What are we looking for?” Beth asked, reading the papers on the Master’s desk.
“A report or something, which mentions a chemical that can stop the Aquari,” the Doctor replied, “He must have mentioned it somewhere.” Zac and Kaylie followed suit and began reading papers and folders, scanning them with their eyes. After several minutes of searching, Zac suddenly gasped.
“I’ve found it!” Zac exclaimed, “Cymigium ditroxide!”
“I swear that doesn’t exist,” Kaylie muttered.
“It’s not discovered until the year 3999, oh of course! The Master introduces it!” the Doctor exclaimed, “And I know him better than he knows himself, I know exactly what to do!” The Doctor stood up and ran from the office. Zac, Kaylie and Beth sighed again and followed him.


Georgia, Conner, Lee, Donald and Julian had been chained to a wall next to a pool of water, where several Aquari were swimming contently.

“Just stay there, oh wait you can’t move,” an Aquari giggled nastily.
“Yeah, that’s really funny,” Conner said sarcastically.
“I can’t even reach my phone,” Georgia said, their phones had been taken off them by the Master and placed by his computer on the other side of the dank, dark, smelly room.

“Mr. Toil was never this nasty,” Lee muttered.
“He’s not Mr. Toil, he’s the Master,” Georgia replied.
“I keep forgetting, I’m sorry,” Lee answered.
“If only the Prime Minister were here, he’d have a plan,” Julian commented, “He was a great man, one of the best ever.”
“I’m sorry that you lost him,” Georgia said, “I would hug you, but I’m chained up.”
“Don’t worry,” Julian muttered.
“I have a friend, the Doctor, he would know exactly what to do if he were here,” Georgia muttered, “But I don’t know where he is. He’s abandoned us.”
“He must be doing something important,” Conner replied, “If only we could just get out of these stupid handcuffs and chains.”

“Wait... the Prime Minister truly was a brilliant man,” Julian muttered.
“We heard you before,” Donald replied.
“Oh yes, thank you!” Julian exclaimed, as he vanished and the chains fell to the floor. Suddenly, Julian appeared a few metres away.
“The emergency teleport!” Lee exclaimed.
“I thought it had run out of energy,” Donald replied.
“It had enough power to transport me a few feet away,” Julian answered, “Now, where are the keys?” A few minutes later Julian had found the keys, which were hanging on a piece of metal, jutting out from the wall, next to the Master’s computer. He then freed Georgia, Conner, Lee and Donald.

“Why aren’t the Aquari doing anything?” Lee asked Georgia.
“I have no idea,” Georgia replied.


Korena rushed into Mrs Treacher’s flat with a look of terror on her face that caused even Mrs Treacher to look concerned.
“What is it?” Kimiko asked.
“The water’s reached this level; it’ll be in the room any second,” Korena replied, “We’re going to die.”
“No!” Margaret cried.


Kufuedun stood up, the room had been silent for the last few minutes. Private Rolf and Captain Alton had been mourning Private Nash, while Sam and Sara talked quietly in a corner.

“So who was Private Nash?” Amita asked Private Rolf.
“He was a nice person,” Private Rolf replied.
“He looks nice,” Amita replied. Kufuedun walked over to the window and stared into the vastness of the ocean.

“Dash, you were taken by this,” Kufuedun said, “Now I’ll live my life on my own, pretending your beside me, without you, I’ll feel your arms around me, I loved him...”
“The poor girl, the poor cult,” Private Rolf said to Amita, “They’ve lost half their friends and now they know it was for nothing.”

Suddenly there was a shake and water smashed through the windows of the room. Delilah screamed, as Kufuedun and the cult were hit by the surge of water. Captain Alton, Private Rolf, Sam, Sara, Delilah and Amita immediately sprang into action, running over to the control panel, next to which a teleport booth stood.

“We should get inside that thing, it might be air tight,” Sara suggested.
“It isn’t,” Delilah replied, “Sorry.”
“We have to do something!” Sam exclaimed, “The water’s heading this way!”
“I can’t do anything,” Captain Alton muttered, “I could seal this part of the room, but the water will just smash through the windows here.”
“Well, looks like we're die,” Delilah muttered, “Amita, we should have stayed put!”
“But we saved these people,” Amita muttered, “And apparently we saved thousands who live on the other side of the defence.”
“But the water will get through this soon,” Delilah replied, “Now we’re going to die.”

TO BE CONTINUED

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP