Sunday 13 December 2009

Mini Ep. 8: Kaylie's Key

Hello, it’s Kaylie Watson here. My mum, Karen, kept telling me to write a diary, and after the week I’ve had, I decided to give it a go. I’m a bit nervous – English isn’t my strong point at school. I’d say it was Art; I’m quite good at Art. Anyway, here goes:

Sunday

I was walking down to the shops for some milk today, and I bumped into Conner Bennet. I’m thinking I need to put surnames on in case I read this in the future. He was chasing some whale creature and he didn’t have time to pop in and see us, so I left him to it. Me and Beth Grant went to the park and we accidentally broke the see-saw. It isn’t meant for jumping on, I don’t think. A bit later we were on the swings and Beth thought she heard the TARDIS. She ran off looking for it, and she didn’t come back!

Zac Pemberton, my lovely boyfriend, met me and we went to the cinema. It was a bit embarrassing cos my phone went off halfway through. It was Beth, telling me she was with Conner, and that they’d had a problem with the whale creature. She sent Zac her love, and told me that she’d be back in a few days.

Monday

This morning I had a fight with Amy, my younger sister, cos she was being childish. Andrea, my older sister, knocked over the milk again, and I had to cover for her cos she was out all last night and had a hangover today. Zac met me by that wonky post box down by Bradley Taylor’s house, and we walked to school together, and had a quick snog under the tree. It was nice until I got a twig down my bra. Then Zac realised we were late for school and we had to run all the way. We got bored having a race and pretended a Slitheen was behind us, and the old women at the bus stop thought we were mad!

Of course, Beth wasn’t at school, so it was mega boring. Our teacher was away or something, so Mrs Sow covered us for the whole day! It was so funny, until Gareth Daniels fell off the table and made his head bleed. Catherine Ford got picked up from school by her dad, which was weird. I’m gonna talk to her on MSN tonight cos she doesn’t normally get picked up. Didn’t get any homework today so I chatted to Catherine all night. Andrea left at nine, and mum was out so I had to make sure Amy went to bed at half nine. Apparently Catherine’s dad wanted to take the family on holiday for a bit. Normally Beth would go with them, but she wasn’t there so Catherine asked me.

Tuesday

I said no to Catherine, and she wasn’t at school. They’d left earlier in the morning, and apparently Catherine asked Bradley to go with her, and he said yes, which is real good, cos they both quite like each other, and we want them to get it on. The teacher wasn’t here again so we had another day of Mrs Sow. Zac and me talked to Gareth Daniels all morning until Maths. He went to reception cos of his head yesterday, but the Nurse wasn’t in, so he had to go home. He said it was okay though, cos he played his Xbox 360 instead. But it’s weird, cos half the teachers haven’t been in since Monday. I think it’s some sickness cos most of the shops were closed cos of ‘staff shortness’.

Zac came back to my house and we ate popcorn and watched Bambi. It was really sad when Bambi’s mum got shot, and I cried for about two hours. Amy came home from her weird Karate Club and so we had to cook her tea. I spilt tomato ketchup everywhere and so after we ate we had to clean up. Then Amy did her homework and I sat on Zac’s lap watching EastEnders. I sent a text to Beth, but I never got a reply.

Wednesday

Mum didn’t come home, and neither did Andrea, so I had to look after Amy and get her to school on time. Zac slept on the sofa instead of going home, so we proper felt like a mum and dad looking after Amy. We walked to school together (holding hands – yay!) but we got sent home, cos apparently they didn’t have enough teachers. I haven’t seen an adult for ages. Oh well. Amy was sent home too, so me and Zac didn’t get any time alone. Rubbish.

We were watching Waterloo Road when the doorbell rang. It was Beth and she looked worried. We sent Amy to bed and Zac made Beth a cup of tea. She had a shower and straightened her hair. Then she sat us down and told us that the Whale had escaped, and that she’d be gone until Saturday. Beth left soon after. Then something really important in my life happened… I didn’t think it would, I was so happy. Me and Zac spent our first night together.

Thursday

I went to the Chemists (which was the only flipping shop still open I might add) in the morning, and Zac stayed in bed. It was so nice waking up next to him, and leaving him asleep. I got the pill and some other stuff cos I wasn’t sure what was best. Gareth Daniels’ girlfriend had a bad experience with a turkey baster so I didn’t ask for one of them. There wasn’t any school again today, so when Zac woke up we watched Jeremy Kyle and Loose Women. Zac cooked while I put on a DVD, which we watched until Amy came home from her friend’s house. Then we made her some tea.

Catherine rang and told me she was having a real good time with Bradley, and that they really liked each other. It’s good, cos we’ve all wanted them to go out since that thing with the Clowns and the Doctor. Amy went to bed at ten today cos she didn’t have school again tomorrow. I felt a bit strange then, with Zac and everything. Was it right for him to sleep over tonight as well? He was gonna go home, but his parents had gone with Rachel to some camping thing. They wouldn’t be back until Saturday, so he stayed over again. And, we ARE sixteen. It’s not like it’s not legal or anything.

Friday

Zac left me in bed today, and went to the shops. He said it was really nice to see me lying next to him too, which is all good. He also said he saw Beth at the shops, but she hid from him, so I dunno what’s going on there. Still, she should be back properly tomorrow. I hope this Whale thing isn’t giving them trouble. There was a report in the news about the shortages of adults at the moment. Maybe it’s global warming, or population problems. We learnt about that in Geography.

Anyway, Bradley and Catherine are gonna be back tomorrow, so they can tell us how it goes. Zac had a phone call from one of Rachel’s friend’s mums, and apparently she was staying with them until today. Zac was worried, but I told him his parents probably went camping without her too. He picked her up and took her home, so my bed was half empty today.

Saturday

Oh my God! I can’t believe what we found out today! Bradley and Catherine came back, and they both said how well it went. I never noticed before, but Bradley’s got a nice bum, but Catherine’s told me he’s off limits, and that if I touched him she’d drown me. I said I didn’t want him, and that she couldn’t drown someone on Mars, even if the water was dripping down from the ceiling. It wasn’t my best comeback, but it was so stupid it made her laugh. Anyway, Beth came round later, and Catherine was all happy. When she left I asked Beth how the Whale thing went, and she just stared at me. Apparently, she’d never even been with Conner at all! She was just hiding for a bit so Catherine could go away with Bradley, then her phone broke, so she didn’t know when they’d be back. That explained Zac seeing her at the shops at least.

The next thing that happened is really important, so I’m going to write it down like a story. Not too good at this, I got a D in my last English. Shakespeare’s pretty boring anyway. Here goes:

“When’s your mum coming back?” Zac asked Kaylie.
“I dunno…” Kaylie muttered. “Must be some party.”
“Andrea’s not been home for days too,” Zac said. “You don’t think…?”
“Nothing’s happened to them,” Kaylie said firmly. “All the adults are away at the moment.”
“I guess,” Zac said.

We didn’t think that the adult’s vanishing was funny; the whole country just shrugged it off. And we probably would have never discovered what happened, until we heard the buzzing.

“Can you hear that?” Zac asked a few hours later.
“Some sort of buzzing?” Kaylie replied.
“Yeah,” Zac said. “I think we should follow it.”

We left the house, and followed the buzzing. It seemed we walked for ages, and we only stopped at a dark grey building. Zac walked inside, and I followed. When we got inside, we saw hundreds of adults, all lined up, with blank expressions like zombies.

“Oh my God!” Kaylie gasped. “There’s got to be hundreds of adults in here!”
“But not every adult is inside…” Zac said. “Why did it call us? We aren’t adults.”
“I don’t think it wants the ‘pure’” Kaylie whispered.

I ran to the wall and pressed the fire extinguisher. Everyone suddenly came to their senses, and evacuated the building. Mum and Andrea ran past, crying, and Steve and Jane were there too. We ran out of the building last, and suddenly there was a massive shake, and the building flew away! I had no idea what was going on, but at least we had the adults back.

I’ve decided to bin this diary. Nobody remembers the adult thing anyway, and I don’t wanna read this when I’m older and think how rubbish I am at English. And who wants to read about me and Zac sleeping together anyway? So if you’re reading this, I guess I didn’t dispose of this diary very well. That sucks. I hope you bin it, who knows what could happen if you read it?

The End

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP