Monday 6 July 2009

Episode 5: Angels and Demons Part 2

Georgia scrambled through the forest, followed closely by the three strange Goblins. Georgia was panting hard, but she kept running as fast as she could. She jumped over a huge tree stump and ran past a patch of stinging nettles. The Goblins were getting closer and closer. Suddenly, Georgia saw something large through the trees. It looked like a cottage. She changed direction and ran for the cottage, wondering who’d live in the middle of the forest. The Goblins were right behind her when she finally reached the cute thatched cottage, but one of the goblins grabbed her from behind.

“LET GO!” Georgia shrieked, “LET GO OF ME!” The goblin, which was Kap, let go of her.
“Why did you let go?” Yap snarled at Kap.
“She told me to," Kap replied as Georgia was grabbed by Ziap.
“She’s a human, they do that," Yap said exasperated, “Come on, lets take her to Rack." Suddenly, a woman appeared at the front door of the cottage and rushed out with a bucket of boiling water. She threw it at Kap and Yap who shrieked and wailed. Ziap let go of Georgia as the Woman began to run over to them with the remaining water. Ziap scuttled away followed closely by Yap. Kap looked around and scrambled up a tree when he noticed the others had left him.

“Thank you very much," Georgia said holding out a hand. Gertrude looked at it, with a look of shock on her face.
“You’re from the future," the woman said.
“No I’m from around here," Georgia replied quickly, “My names Georgia."
“I’m Gertrude Gillywater," Gertrude replied, “And I’m sure you’re from the future. You have the mark of a time traveller about you. My agent spotter went off."
“Your what spotter?” Georgia asked curiously.
“My Time Agent spotter," Gertrude said, “You travelled in time to get here, it went off."
“I’m not a Time Agent," Georgia replied, “I don’t even know what one is."
“Then how did you travel in time?” Gertrude asked, “You aren’t one of Rack’s secret agents are you?”
“Who’s Rack?” Georgia asked.
“The goblins’ boss," Gertrude replied, “He brought the goblins here to help with one of his schemes I’ve been tracking him for years, but he’s broken my teleport. I can’t get anywhere."

“So you’re a Time Agent too," Georgia muttered.
“No, no I’ve never travelled in time," Gertrude said, “Nobody can travel in time."
“But you just said…” Georgia began.

“What are you doing here?” Gertrude asked, “This is my cottage, nobody ever comes anywhere near it."
“I’m Georgia, you saved me from the goblins," Georgia explained.
“Did I, serves those goblins right!” Gertrude said, “Travel in time they do, with their boss Rack. He’s a strange fellow. I’ve been following him for a while."
“Yes, you’ve told me that," Georgia said.

“Would you like some tea?” Gertrude questioned, dropping the bucket in her garden and walking towards her front door."
“No, it’s OK," Georgia said, she had decided to find the Doctor and tell her what Gertrude had said, “But could you possibly point me in the direction of the village."
“But the goblins, they’ll find you, they’ll hurt you," Gertrude muttered.
“Why are the goblins after me?” Georgia questioned.
“Goblins?” Gertrude asked, “Aren’t they fictional creatures?” Georgia sighed. She felt sorry for Gertrude, who seemed to have gone mad while following this Rack person through time and space.

“Can you tell me the way to the village?” Georgia asked again.
“Oh, it’s that way," Gertrude said pointing to the right, “Keep walking for about a mile."
“Thank you very much," Georgia said kindly and turned to go.
“Excuse me, Rack’s after you," Gertrude said, Georgia turned around to face Gertrude.
“What did you say?” Georgia asked.
“Have a nice walk," Gertrude replied nodding her head and entering her cottage. Georgia stared at the cottage for a moment before walking quickly in the direction of the village.


Back in the Village, Mrs Auckland led her daughter into their house. She was followed by Thomas, Conner and the Doctor. Red sat down on a seat in their living room. Conner looked around; there was no TV, which Conner knew had not been invented yet, but there was very little in the house at all.
“Please sit down Mr Smith," Thomas said to the Doctor, “And Conner." Conner and the Doctor took a seat as Mrs Auckland went to the kitchen to make tea.

“Red, can you tell me exactly what happened," the Doctor asked her.
“Yes, I can," Red replied, “Where shall I begin?”
“From the part where strange things began to happen," the Doctor replied.
“Well the day began like any other Saturday," Red explained, “I walked down to the Local Store and the Grocery man gave me the basket of food for me to take to Granny. She can only come to the village once a week, so I take her half her groceries for the week on Saturday, while she comes on Tuesday."
“Our Red’s very good," Thomas commented, “She’s takes them every week and has never failed."
“I did today," Red replied.
“Tell me more," the Doctor asked.
“Well…”

Red skipped down the street and waved at Dalen Eriksen from the local drapers shop.
“Good morning Red," Dalen called, “You’re such a good girl, taking the groceries for your Granny."
“Thank you Mrs Eriksen," Red replied. Red passed her father who was chopping wood.
“Watch out for wolves Red!” Thomas said jokingly as he usually did when she went on her weekly walk to her Granny’s. Red smiled and walked into the woods. Everything was going normally until a figure appeared in a puff of smoke right in Red’s path.

“Hello little girl," the figure said, he seemed to be wearing some kind of wolf costume. Red could make out Red skin through holes in the wolf skin.
“Hello," Red said curiously.
“So what have you got in the basket?” the man asked.
“Nothing which concerns you," Red said.
“Where are you going?” the man questioned.
“My dad tells me never to talk to strangers," Red replied.
“Good, you shouldn’t, but I’m not a stranger," the man pointed out.
“But I’ve never met you before," Red said quietly.
“I was the one who made you steal those buns one day from your Granny’s basket because you were hungry," the man growled, “I made you shout at your mum, I made you talk to me and I’ll make you do a lot more."
“Shut up and leave me alone," Red ordered and walked off.
“We’ll me again, Little Red Riding Hood," the man called after her.

Back in the Present Conner gave a look of shock.
“Doctor, she’s Little Red Riding Hood," Conner said.
“Don’t call me that!” Red snarled.
“Sorry," Conner apologised.
“Red continue with the story," the Doctor said to Red.
“So after that everything went fine until I reached Granny’s," Red explained.
“What happened there?” the Doctor asked.
“Well…”

“Granny!” Red said knocking on the door of the thatched cottage in the clearing of the wood. She knocked again and the door swung open. Red’s granny’s living room was the same as always. There were cakes on the little wooden table in the corner; the fire was blazing in the hearth and the large pictures of Red and the rest of her family were still on the mantelpiece.

“Granny?” Red said questioningly. She opened a small door in the corner of the room and ascended the small flight of stairs to the first floor of the cottage. She stumbled on the top step as she always did, the last step was out of proportion to the others. Red walked into her Granny’s bedroom and found… nothing. Red poked her head round the door to the spare bedroom, the bed made ready for any guest that may appear, but nothing unusual. She checked the bathroom and then went downstairs to check the Dining room and then the Kitchen. When she entered the living room, there was a figure standing by the stove.

“Oh hello dear," a strange squeaky voice spoke and the figure turned round. It looked like her Granny, but it was strangely out of proportion.
“Granny, you’re much taller," Red exclaimed.
“I’ve had a growth spurt dear," her Granny replied.
“Old people shrink they don’t grow," Red replied, “Wow you’re eyes are very wide today and your teeth are all white."
“Granny’s been flossing," Red’s Granny said, “And my eyes are all the better for seeing you."
“Granny you don’t have any teeth," Red pointed out, “They fell out and what's flossing?” Granny looked at Red in a strange way.

“What’s your name?” Red asked.
“Granny", Red’s Granny said smiling.
“Your name Mrs. Auckland," Red said, “Do you even know my name?”
“Of course I do, it’s Regina," Granny answered, Red suddenly saw the impostor’s eyes grow red. Red shrieked and ran from the house, slamming the front door behind her. As she ran she saw something running along side her in the trees, something very fast. The thing saw that Red was far away and it stopped. It let out an ear-splitting howl and scurried away through the trees.

“Keep running," Red said to herself, “Everything will be fine as long as I keep running."

Back in the Present Mrs Auckland had entered the room with drinks and now she was listening to Red’s story.
“So I kept running and running," Red explained, “I took a different route than normal past Gertrude’s house."
“Someone else lives in the woods?” the Doctor asked.
“Gertrude Gillywater," Thomas explained, “She arrived a couple of years ago. She said she arrived too soon. Something of hers had broken; she’s lost her mind now, lives deep in the forest."


Georgia was walking slowly through the forest, when she finally caught site of the village. Georgia gave a sigh of relief and her paced quickened as she got closer. Suddenly, from behind her a twig snapped. Georgia froze, thinking it was probably just an animal, she walked on, but her pace was again much quicker than before. She heard a thudding of feet and she began to run.

“Closer and closer!” a voice rattled behind her, Georgia shrieked, and ran as fast as she could, the footsteps thudded after her. She was nearly there, nearly out of the forest, Georgia thought.
“Just a few more metres," Georgia said under her breath.


Meanwhile, the Doctor and Conner were finishing their drinks. Red had finished her story, and was looking a lot calmer. Thomas Auckland was surveying the Doctor.
“Who are you?” Thomas asked.
“I’m John Smith," the Doctor replied.
“I know that bit, I mean, why are you here?” Thomas questioned.
“We’re travelling," the Doctor answered.
“A funny place to go on holiday," Thomas commented.
“There are Snow sports," Conner pointed out.
“There isn’t any snow around at this time of year, not nearby anyway," Thomas replied.
“Woops," Conner said quietly.

“Excuse me," Red asked.
“Yes Red?” the Doctor asked.
“Can you find out what the thing was, please," Red said, the Doctor looked at Red and smiled widely.
“Of course I can," the Doctor said kindly, “You can help if you want."
“She is not going anywhere near that forest," Mrs Auckland interrupted.
“But mum!” Red protested.
“You have suffered in that forest Red,” Mrs Auckland said, “You aren’t going near it again.” Red’s face fell; the Doctor gave a sad smile and stood up. Conner followed the Doctor’s lead and stood up too.

“Well it’s time me and Mr. Bennet should be leaving you,” the Doctor announced, “It was a lovely tea Mrs Auckland.”
“Oh, thank you,” Mrs Auckland replied.
“Nice meeting you Thomas,” the Doctor said shaking Thomas’ hand, “You too Red.” Red smiled. Conner shook hands with all three family members and followed the Doctor out of the door.
“Goodbye,” Thomas said.
“You have my word Red,” the Doctor said, “I’ll find out what’s going on.”
“Yes we will,” Conner added smiling.
Thomas shut the front door, and the Doctor and Conner walked away from the house and back to the main part of the village.


Georgia, meanwhile, was almost at the village, she was a few steps away when she felt a cold hand on her shoulder and shrieked.
“DOCTORRRRRRR!” Georgia screamed.

TO BE CONTINUED

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP