Wednesday 1 July 2009

Episode 4: Attack of the Clowns Part 6

“Hello,” Brian smiled.

The door to the shop opened, and Elizabeth and Georgia Bell walked inside. Georgia breathed in the sweet smell of cakes and pastry, and looked Brian up and down. He was tall, had dark hair with a good looking face, and a nice smile. Georgia blushed as her eyes met Brian’s. He looked Georgia up and down. She was quite tall, had long blonde hair, was very pretty, and had a surprisingly nice bum.

“Hi,” Georgia muttered.
“This is my daughter Georgia, Brian,” Elizabeth trilled. “I’m sure you’ll get on very well.”
“And when can she start work?” Brian asked, trying not to directly start looking at Georgia.
“Whenever you like,” Elizabeth smiled.
“Well maybe I could give her a demonstration now, and then she could start on… Tuesday,” Brian decided.

He’d have enough time to perfect his attempts to not blush when he looked at her. Georgia sighed with relief; she’d be able to think of things to say without sounding too stupid by Tuesday. She would have to endure an afternoon of blushing for the moment however.

“Lovely,” Elizabeth said. “Well, I’ve got an appointment at the hairdressers, and then I’ve got to pick up some milk for Mr Perkins at Sainsbury’s. I refuse to shop anywhere except Sainsbury’s and Waitrose, you see. Quality is ever so important these days.”
“Quite right Mrs Bell,” Brian smiled.

Elizabeth left the shop, looking around once slyly to see what Georgia and Brian were doing.

“That’s not the future,” Georgia said back at the séance table.

The Doctor, Bradley and the others looked at her. All except Sybil that was, who was deep in thought, and had been for a while.

“I think maybe we had to see that before we could see the prophecy,” Bradley said. “Here it comes!”

“I’ve always quite liked you,” Lucy admitted sheepishly to Brian.

Brian and Lucy were standing outside the fair, and Brian was walking her to his car.

“I thought so,” Brian smiled back. “I like you too.”
“Seriously?” Lucy asked, blushing.
“Yup,” Brian blushed back.
“What about your friend Georgia? It just looked like you two were tight,” Lucy said, folding her arms.
“She’s got the Doctor. And Conner. And spacemen out there probably,” Brian shrugged.
“Space slag,” Lucy grinned.

Brian chuckled.

“You’d better hope you don’t see her again,” he laughed.
“Nah, I could take her,” Lucy said playfully.
“Anyway,” Brian said. “Home?”
“Home,” Lucy agreed.

She linked her arms inside Brian’s, and the two walked over to the car.

“I suppose this is half mine now,” Lucy said, looking at the car fondly.
“You’ll be lucky,” Brian snorted. “You haven’t even moved your toothbrush in yet.”
“What? Into our bathroom?” Lucy grinned.

Brian sighed.

“Come on,” he said. “Let’s go sit down on our sofa in front of our TV.”
“And let’s watch our East Enders,” Lucy added.
“Actually,” Brian said. “That’s not ours…”

Brian was pensive back at the séance table. Lucy, however, looked pleased. Georgia could only muster a scowl, and Conner a grin.

“It’s not the best start of a relationship,” Brian concluded. “But it could work.”
“Space slag?” Georgia spluttered.
“Spur of the moment,” Lucy explained, looking away.
“It’s my vision next right?” Georgia asked.
“Yeah,” Bradley said. “It’s coming.”
“Is it an I-punch-Lucy-in-the-face-in-a-spur-of-the-moment-thing?” Georgia asked.
“Could be,” Bradley shrugged.

“Look, I want you to help me,” Georgia said.

She was sat with her brother Richard on her bed. But he had died a year ago. April. The Slitheen had gotten to him. Georgia had finished with grieving now, but seeing him still stung.

“Doing what?” Richard asked.
“Filling in my diary. You know I’m rubbish at writing compared to you,” Georgia said.
“Alright,” Richard sighed. “What is the next thing you need in there?”
“Well the Doctor took us to Moon Ctrl,” Georgia began.
“What’s that?” Richard asked.
“I dunno, do I?” Georgia muttered. “Anyway, there was this weird computer thing…”

“…And the Doctor pulled out the plug!” Georgia finished.
“That was…” Richard said, lost for words.
“Amazing, right?” Georgia gushed. “Did you get all the details about the nail varnish and stuff?”
“Yeah, except, what flavour did the Doctor say it tasted like?” Richard asked.
“Banana.”

Back at the séance table Georgia looked up at Bradley, who shrugged.

“Conner,” Sybil said. “It’s your turn now…”

Holly turned to the Doctor. They were stood with Georgia in the TimeSpan ship. Georgia had just sent Conner in the time travelling lift to safety.

“I think I’d better go home,” she said.
“Of course,” the Doctor said.
“Conner said I might be able to go in your time machine, but Georgia sent him away,” Holly said, making Georgia blush.
“I didn’t want him to get hurt!” Georgia protested.
“It’s ok, I understand,” the Doctor said.

He pressed the button for the lift next to the one Conner went in. The door opened with a ping, and the Doctor ushered Holly inside.

“It’ll take you home,” the Doctor said. “And, where is home then, Holly Black?”
“London,” Holly replied.
“Well, you might see Conner sometime!” the Doctor grinned.
“Maybe,” Holly said, closing the door. “I’m sorry about Kirsty.”
"Yeah,” the Doctor said.

The lift descended into the darkness. White light shone through. The lift doors opened, and Holly stepped out into her sunlight filled street. Her dad was in the garden.

“Dad!” Holly cried.
“Holly!” Mr Black cried back.

Holly ran over to her dad, and hugged him. She remembered how she had hugged Conner, and it took all of her strength not to cry. Leading his daughter inside, Mr Black smiled.

Conner stepped out into the sunlight. He was in a graveyard. He looked at the names on them sadly, and thought of the Doctor and Georgia out there in space, possibly with Holly. He saw one gravestone with a name he recognised:

Harriet Jones, former Prime Minister and loving daughter. Yes, you knew who she was.

He read another stone. He put his hand to his mouth in shock. It read:

David and Sue Bennet, loving husband and wife, and parents of Conner. They will be sadly missed.

“Sad, isn’t it?” a voice said from behind Conner.

Conner turned around, and was surprised at who he saw.

“You’re me…” Conner said.
“Yep,” Conner said back.

Conner had turned around to see himself.

“I’m from the future. I haven’t got long,” future Conner said.
“How future?” present Conner asked.
“Two days,” future Conner replied. “Here’s a teleport.”

He handed present Conner the teleport, and was careful not to touch him. Present Conner grinned as heard he noise of the TARDIS materialising.

“That’s your lift,” future Conner said.
“They’ve come back for me?” present Conner said, amazed.
“You don’t think they’d leave you, do you?” future Conner grinned.
“I guess not,” present Conner replied.
“Anyway, don’t miss your flight,” future Conner said.

Present Conner turned away, and began walking back to the TARDIS. He looked back at himself one more time. In two days, he would be over there, where the other Conner stood, and another Conner would be here, in his place. The TARDIS doors opened, and Georgia stepped out of them.

“Oh, and Conner,” future Conner said, sounding serious. “Beware of the clowns.”

Present Conner stopped in his tracks. He turned around, but future Conner had gone. Present Conner grinned, and ran all the way to the TARDIS.

“Holly…” Conner said.
“We were gonna tell you,” Georgia said hastily. “After you’d recovered from everything that happened to you…”
“Who’s Holly?” Zac asked.
“Conner met her on the TimeSpan ship,” Georgia explained.
“And you sent her back home,” Conner said. “She was gonna travel with us! Me and her in the TARDIS…”
“I’m sorry,” Georgia said quietly.

She sounded very apologetic. ‘So she should be,’ Conner thought. Holly was special, not like other girls. He was like his outer space Beth. He felt like he could have been with her forever. But Sybil said earlier – the next time he saw her he would die. Conner wondered if Sybil had a specific date in mind. He knew the time would probably come when he needed her more than ever, and he knew that day, that fateful day, would be the one where he died. He remembered it so clearly:

“I see…” Sybil said, concentrating. “Death. Death is very near! Death will come knocking! One… Two… Three… Four… Death will come knocking, at your door.”

The Doctor recoiled slightly. Georgia jumped as Sybil suddenly jerked up.

“How come you sound like you’re from the North?” Sybil asked.
“I don’t…” the Doctor said, before suddenly remembering. “Rose… She said that.”
“She is returning,” Sybil said.
“Rose?” the Doctor asked. “Those parallel worlds are sealed!”
“Not Rose Tyler,” Sybil said. “She.”
“Doctor…” Georgia said, uncertainly.
“You!” Sybil said, looking at Georgia. “Bad wolf!”
“What?” Georgia asked, stepping back.
“Leave her alone,” Conner said.
“And you,” Sybil said, facing Conner. “You will see Holly Black again. The day you die!”

“Did everyone just see that?” Conner asked.
“What?” Georgia asked.
“I was just remembering what Sybil said – you will see Holly Black again, the day you die.”
“She lied,” Georgia said. “But I think you might see her again. There’s always hope.”
“Yeah,” Zac agreed. “I didn’t realise, when you asked about Kaylie… You were still hurt from Holly. I’m sorry, what I said…”
“Forget it,” Conner said. “Now what about the Doctor?”

Everyone turned to face the Doctor. He was still unfamiliar with his features from his ninth incarnation.

“You won’t find anything,” he said in his northern accent.
“What do you mean? Of course I will,” Bradley said.
“You won’t,” the Doctor repeated. “I’ve seen too many terrible, terrible things in my lifetime. I wouldn’t inflict that on any of you. I’ve blocked my mind off.”
“You’re no fun,” Georgia said dryly.
“And now for you,” the Doctor said, turning to Sybil.
“There’s so much of my story to tell,” Sybil said. “I grew up in England, but my real story didn’t start until six weeks ago…”

Sybil looked a lot different six weeks ago. She wasn’t wearing her shawl, she looked younger, and more apparent, she looked happier. She was walking down Helich Way, humming to herself. Bag in hand; Sybil looked up at the empty field on Helich Way. Suddenly a plume of purple light flew down from the sky – and was absorbed by Sybil. She suddenly looked more like her current self.

“Not the best human body, but it’ll do,” she muttered, her tone different.

She looked herself up and down.

“An Earth psychic would be the best guise. A human fair will be the perfect place. It will set it up on the field. As soon as I have stolen enough life force, prophecy, I can dominate this world,” she said.

It was a few months later, and the fair had been set up. It was attracting lots of visitors. The previous fairs that had come here were no match. One day Sybil was confronted by a man in a suit.

“This fair is closing down!” the man hissed.
“Who might you be to decide that?” Sybil asked.
“Harold Griggs, health and safety. All the attractions in this fair are dangerous,” Harold said.
“I can change them,” Sybil said dismissively.
“It’s too late,” Harold spat. “This fair will never reopen!”
“Oh I don’t think you are in a position to stop me,” Sybil said.

She was bluffing. She hoped he wouldn’t guess she was still getting used to her human form, and didn’t have the strength to take this man’s prophecy. He left, leaving Sybil fuming.

“Help me,” she muttered at the sky.

Lifting her hands, Sybil saw the answer. She pulled down space matter, and formed her lovely clowns. They stood there, tall and shining, ready to take her orders, ready to die for her. She hoped it wouldn’t come to that.

“I want that man, that Harold Griggs, killed,” Sybil snarled.

Her clowns were surprisingly effective. He was dead in such a short time. It seemed Sybil had everything – but that was when complications arose. The first was with Abby Stuart. She first visited Sybil when she was stronger, and ready to take her prophecy.

“My name’s Abby,” Abby said. “I don’t normally go for this kind of thing, I don’t really believe in fortune telling, but I’m willing to give it a shot.”
“Well let’s see if we can surprise you dear,” Sybil smiled. “I can see a car. A blue car. Does a member of your family own a blue car?”
“My sister Lucy,” Abby replied. “She’s a menace on the roads.”
“I can see a man in her life. A man who has seen such things… He’s not a threat,” Sybil muttered to herself.
“That’s great, but what can you see about me?” Abby asked.
“You had chips for tea right?” Sybil asked.
“Let me guess, you can smell them?” Abby laughed.
“No, I can see you at the chip shop buying them. There’s a man who works there – Mark Heston – but he doesn’t notice you,” Sybil said.
“Oh my God. How did you know that? That’s weird,” Abby said. “You really can see!”
“I can see something else,” Sybil said. “You will come back here.”

Abby laughed.

“You don’t help yourself to convince me do you?” she chuckled. “But yeah, I think I might come back.”
“But that means… your prophecy… it cannot be mine tonight,” Sybil said.

Why was she letting this one go? Was it because she smiled, or her doubts about her ability? Sybil decided that must be it – she wanted to prove what she could do before she killed this one. Over the next few weeks Abby Stuart saw Sybil more and more.

“What can you see, Sybil?” Abby asked the fortune teller.
“You will meet a man,” Sybil said, smiling encouragingly. “The most amazing man!”
“What else do you see? An engagement?” Abby asked. “Is this man the one for me?”
“No, I’m sorry. He will be much more than that,” Sybil replied. “He is a man of mystery. I cannot see him clearly – he is surrounded by the fog that so often clouds the inner eye.”
“You’re amazing!” Abby smiled. “It’s scary sometimes how accurate you are!”
“You think so, dear?” Sybil asked, smiling. “Well, let’s see if we can see a little more for you.”
“Thanks, Sybil,” Abby grinned.

But things went wrong when Sybil saw that Abby would interfere in her plans, so she warned her away, with a story about some mark of the clowns.

“You will not meet this man,” Sybil foretold. “But I see a letter – an N. No, wait! An M!”
“Mark?” Abby asked. “Will Mark Heston finally notice me?”
“Not a Mark, no. I see, a Mitchell. A Mitchell West,” Sybil said.
“What else do you see about him?” Abby asked.
“He… I’ve met him!” Sybil gasped, withdrawing her hands from Abby. “He came here that night, to see me! I gave him a prophecy that he was to die! My dear, you will go to the flat of a dead man! But, my clowns… My dear, you must go! Now! Do not go to this man’s flat! Please… There are things you cannot know – dark secrets are hidden here, at the fair! Leave now, before it’s too late!”
“What dark secrets, what clowns? And what about Mitchell West?” Abby asked, standing up from her stool.
“My clowns, quick! Leave before they find you! I’m so sorry, my dear, but the mark of the clowns is upon you!” Sybil said, tears pouring down her face.

The next problem was the aforementioned Mitchell West. He had been hanging around the fair, peeking at her clowns. Did he know their secret? He never approached them, so it was certainly possible. Sybil waited until Mitchell came for a sitting, where she would tell him he was going to die, then send one of her clowns around. It happened a few days before Abby came to see her about him.

Mitchell pulled his hands out of the fortune teller’s grasp, and leapt up from his seat. The fortune teller sank further into her seat, her speech rattling.

“I see death! You will die, tonight!” Sybil, said, choking.
“What? How can I die? I’m only 22 years old! I’ve got a whole life ahead of me!” Mitchell cried, stepping away from the fortune teller. “I haven’t even seen the clown show yet!”
“The fair is closed,” Sybil said, gasping for breath. “Leave now!”

Mitchell didn’t need telling twice. He ran from the tent, and didn’t stop until he was home. He unlocked the front door, and entered the dark hallway. Christina was probably still out clubbing; she didn’t understand his fascination with clowns, nobody did. He traipsed upstairs, and went to the bathroom.

“Stupid fortune teller,” Mitchell muttered. “What was she on about? I’m not gonna die tonight!”

He left the bathroom, and walked into his room. Something stepped out into the light. Mitchell grinned as a clown greeted him with open arms.

“Christina! You did this for me! How long have you been planning this then?” Mitchell asked.

The clown didn’t reply. It leered at him, and grinned a grin that for the first time made Mitchell scared of clowns. The clown stepped forward, and raised its arms.

“Thank you and goodnight!” the clown smiled, bringing his hands down on Mitchell.

Mitchell screamed, and he knew, if he lived, which he wouldn’t, he would never talk to a clown again; ever again.

“Well that was interesting,” the Doctor said. “Now what? Do we break the alliance? Cos I was starting to like you. It’ll be a shame to have to stop you. This is one chance, and you’d better take it.”
“I don’t think so. I’ve been plotting all the while you were fascinated by your allies’ visions. You were right – it was useful gleaning information from them. I’ve seen all their weaknesses, and how to stop you,” Sybil said.
“Bring it on,” Georgia and Conner said together.
“Clowns? Activate!”

Ring, ring!

“What was that dear?” Elizabeth asked, annoyed. “That clown is about to kill us, I don’t want to interrupt my death scene.”
“It was a phone,” Colin replied.
“Who’s? Get it turned off dear!” Elizabeth trilled. “Honestly, Colin! What would you do without me?”

His rather rude reply was interrupted by Mrs White, the Vicar, the Vicar’s Wife and Daisy, who emerged in the tent. Colin and Elizabeth noticed that the clown had frozen.

“Need some help?” Daisy asked triumphantly.

Outside the fortune telling tent a coloured swirl appeared in the sky. It was space matter. Thousands upon thousands of clowns were formed. They began to march out of the fair, evil grins leering on their faces.

The Doctor slipped out of his seat and ran out of the tent. He surveyed the mass of clowns, heading into every street and every home.

“They’re all over London!” he exclaimed.

Inside the tent Sybil threw her hands in the air. A stream of space matter entered her body, which glowed with the power of the universe. Catherine, Bradley, Beth, Zac, Kaylie, Alex, Christina, Abby, Lucy, Brian, Georgia and Conner sat in their seats, gazing in fascination. They were really in the quicksand now.

Colin, Elizabeth, Mrs White, Daisy, the Vicar and the Vicar’s Wife rushed out of the tent, only to be swept up in the massive crowd of marching clowns. Elizabeth and Colin became separated.

“Elizabeth!” Colin called, desperately reaching out for his wife.
“Colin! Help me dear!” Elizabeth trilled.

Colin soon lost sight of her in amongst the colour. The Doctor spotted Elizabeth and pulled her out of the crowd. Georgia and Conner came running out of the tent.

“Mum! What are you doing here?” Georgia asked.
“Those awful clowns kidnapped us!” Elizabeth moaned. “Your father’s in there somewhere. I told him to stop being so silly.”
“Is he alright Mrs Bell? There are a lot of clowns,” Conner said.
“Oh, mum, this is Conner Bennet,” Georgia said.
“I’ve heard so much about you,” Elizabeth said. “You’re younger than I imagined…”
“I’m… 16, right, Doctor?” Conner asked.

Elizabeth only thought foreigners didn’t know their birthdays. She frowned slightly.

“You were 15 the last time,” Georgia said. “On the Spidership.”
“What’s the date?” Conner asked.

The Doctor slipped up the sleeve of his leather jacket and looked at his watch.

“25th April 2011,” the Doctor announced in his northern accent.
“Well I’m 16,” Conner smiled. “I missed my bloody birthday didn’t I?”
“Yep,” Georgia said.

Colin felt a pair of hands pull him out of the masses of clowns. It was Daisy. Mrs White stood behind, looking annoyed at the clowns. Nearby the Vicar and the Vicar’s Wife were sat down, panting. Colin hurried over, and helped them up.

“What’s your name again?” Colin asked the Vicar’s Wife. “I always seem to forget, sorry.”
“Violet,” the Vicar’s Wife replied.
“Oh, I thought you were, oh never mind… Who are you then?” Colin asked the Vicar.
“Sheridan,” the Vicar replied, frowning.

Across London the clowns were in every home, and every street. People ran and screamed, and some just laughed. A male reporter was stood in front of some cameras outside Downing Street, which the clowns were stood outside.

“The future of the Human race hangs in the balance. Clowns fill every street, and every home. This could be the end of the Human race,” the reporter said.

In America, Trinity Wells sat in her newsroom for AMNN.

“And in more news, London’s population are trapped in their homes. America is receiving only vague reports, but we believe clowns have captured the population of London,” she said.

“What’s happening?” Brian asked Sybil.
“The Prophecy, its complete!” she gasped. “Clowns, destroy the Earth!”
“Ah, well that might be a problem,” a voice said.

Sybil looked up from the table. The Doctor appeared, grinning. Behind him where Conner, Georgia, Elizabeth, Colin, Mrs White, Daisy, Sheridan and Violet. The Doctor held up a mobile phone. Georgia pulled hers out of her pocket, and Conner did the same.

“Our phones can stop your clowns,” the Doctor said.
“Not on this scale,” Sybil said. “Your phones aren’t nearly enough.”
“What else would we need?” the Doctor asked. “Everyone here has got a phone.”

Brian and the others pulled out their phones.

“See?” the Doctor said. “I told you not to cross me, Sybil.”
“Not nearly enough,” Sybil laughed. “My clowns are beginning to kill people; I can feel their prophecies coming to me! And it makes me stronger!”
“What, so I’d need, say… psychic power?” the Doctor asked.
“Bradders,” Conner muttered.

Bradley dropped onto the floor and crawled over to the Doctor. Alex, noticing his movement, followed. Beth and Catherine stood up and edged away from Sybil. Christina, Abby, Lucy and Brian climbed out of their seats. They all stood behind the Doctor.

“Cos you shouldn’t have enhanced old Bradley’s psychic abilities, should you? And Alex, well he’s always had a gift,” the Doctor said triumphantly.
“You’re bluffing,” Sybil said. “You need three psychics. It’s written in the psychic law.”
“You’ve forgotten me,” the Doctor said. “I spent all that time sat around here tuning myself in. I’m more powerful than all of these minds here.”
“What makes you so sure?” Sybil said, regaining a little confidence.
“Time Lord,” the Doctor said simply. “Now!”
“No,” Sybil cried, faltering. “No, no, no, NO!”
“I’m sorry, so sorry,” the Doctor said. “But it’s over.”

The Doctor took Georgia and Conner’s hands. The others joined in, until they formed a circle. Using the sonic screwdriver, the Doctor called Martha Jones’ old phone in the TARDIS.

“Project your psychic powers,” the Doctor told Bradley and Alex.

They did, and the ringing got louder. The phone rang out all across the world, everyone heard it. The clowns exploded into space matter, and the stars shined a little brighter. Sybil collapsed on the floor, gasping.

“You are not alone,” she said, her words becoming jumbled. “Torchwood, Torchwood, t-t-t-Torchwood. Bad Wolf. Baaaad Wolfie. Wolf. Rack. Aquari. Bad bad bad wolf. Hooowl!”

With a flash, Sybil exploded into a million different fragments.

“I bet she didn’t predict that,” Georgia muttered dryly.

“The fair’s closed down,” Brian said. “It’s gone, forever.”

It was a week later, and Brian and Lucy stood in front of the TARDIS, along with Zac, Kaylie and Beth, who’d insisted that she came along. It was parked outside the fair, and Georgia, the Doctor and Conner stood in front of the TARDIS smiling.

“I looked for Sybil’s technology,” the Doctor informed them. “I destroyed it.”
“Can I ask you something?” Georgia asked.
“Yep, ask away,” the Doctor replied.
“Will you always look like that now?” Georgia asked.
“Until I regenerate, yes,” the Doctor said, somewhat sadly.

There was a sound of footsteps down the street. Catherine, Bradley and Alex clattered down the road.

“Doctor!” Bradley cried. “We saw Sybil in the sky!”
“I should have known she’d never be defeated so easily,” the Doctor muttered.

There was a flash of light and everyone was knocked off their feet. Alex was the only one remaining standing. He glared at the Doctor with purple eyes.

“So you think I could be stopped like that Doctor?” Alex asked.

He had been possessed by Sybil. The Doctor and the others slowly climbed to their feet. The Doctor turned to Conner.

“Get out of here,” he said. “You have that teleport…”
“I’m not leaving!” Conner said.

The Doctor turned to face Alex, and handed Georgia a teleport behind his back. Georgia slipped it on her and Conner. With a crackle of blue light, they disappeared.

“Your companions cannot help you now,” Alex cackled.
“You’d be surprised,” the Doctor said. “And actually I was hoping they’d go to the graveyard. Oh I’ve been stopping you for so long. Conner met himself from now two days ago. He warned him to beware of the clowns. That led us here, to stop you.”
“It’s of no consequence. I cannot be stopped,” Alex said confidently.
“Let me stop you there, hope you don’t mind. Who’s saying that? Cos you’re Alex. Not Sybil.”
“I am Sybil in every manner,” Alex said.
“Not appearance,” the Doctor said.
“I meant mentally,” Alex snapped.
“You are a bit mental, yes,” Zac chipped in.

Georgia was lying face down in the grass. Conner stood up, and bent down over Georgia.

“Oww,” Georgia moaned.
“Come on, get up,” Conner said, grabbing her arm.

They were stood in a cemetery. Conner knew that any minute a past version of himself would appear. He pulled Georgia to her feet.

“You weren’t here last time,” Conner said. “You’d better go hide.”

Georgia nodded, and sure enough, Past Conner soon appeared in the cemetery, looking more than a little confused. He saw one gravestone with a name he recognised:

Harriet Jones, former Prime Minister and loving daughter. Yes, you knew who she was.

He read another stone. He put his hand to his mouth in shock. It read:

David and Sue Bennet, loving husband and wife, and parents of Conner. They will be sadly missed.

“Sad, isn’t it?” a voice said from behind Conner.

Conner turned around, and was surprised at who he saw.

“You’re me…” Conner said.
“Yep,” Conner said back.

“I’m from the future. I haven’t got long,” present Conner said.
“How future?” past Conner asked.
“Two days,” present Conner replied. “Here’s a teleport.”

He handed past Conner the teleport that he had been given himself, but was careful not to touch past Conner. Past Conner grinned as heard he noise of the TARDIS materialising.

“That’s your lift,” present Conner said.
“They’ve come back for me?” past Conner said, amazed.
“You don’t think they’d leave you, do you?” present Conner grinned.
“I guess not,” past Conner replied.
“Anyway, don’t miss your flight,” present Conner said.

Past Conner turned away, and began walking back to the TARDIS. He looked back at himself one more time. The TARDIS doors opened, and Georgia stepped out of them.

“Oh, and Conner,” present Conner said, sounding serious. “Beware of the clowns.”

Past Conner stopped in his tracks. Georgia stepped out from behind a gravestone and placed the teleport the Doctor had given her around their necks. With a flash of blue light, they had vanished. Past Conner turned around, but they had already gone. Grinning, past Conner ran all the way back to the TARDIS.

“Is Alex still in there?” the Doctor asked. “Can you see him? He used to dominate that body.”
“Until you so foolishly informed me of his psychic power,” Alex sneered.
“Foolishly?” the Doctor frowned. “Rather cleverly, I’d say. Cos Alex is strong. He can fight your influence.”

Alex began to speak but stopped, frowning slightly. He remembered what the Doctor said. He was still in there.

“Doctor!” Alex cried. “I’m sorry! Sybil possessed me!”
“I know, I know,” the Doctor said sympathetically.
“We have to stop her,” Alex said.
“That’s my job not yours,” the Doctor said.
“No!” Alex said, raising an arm. “I can do it; I’m strong enough for this.”
“Thank you,” the Doctor said sadly. “Goodbye.”

Zac, Kaylie, Beth, Bradley and Catherine glanced around.

“What are you gonna do Alex?” Catherine asked, scared.
“Finish this,” Alex said.

And he raised his arms. Purple light shot out of his arms. One armful of light hit the Doctor, and he faded back into his normal, brown suited, messy haired, tenth self. The other armful of light had a face in it. It screamed. Alex’s psychic abilities were too strong for Sybil. With a blast of light, Alex and Sybil were gone.

“Doctor!” Kaylie cried. “You’re back!”
“Yes I am!” the Doctor exclaimed.
“Sorry about Alex,” Bradley said. “It should have been me – I have enough power.”
“But we’d miss you!” Beth said. “Not that we won’t miss Alex, but we’ve known you for so long!”
“Well it’s a good thing I’m not going anywhere,” Bradley grinned.

There was another flash as Conner and Georgia appeared.

“You did it!” Georgia cried, hugging the Doctor.
“You’re back!” Conner laughed.
“Georgia,” Brian said. “I’d best be off.”
“Oh right,” Georgia said. “You sure you won’t come with us?”
“I’m sure,” Brian replied.
“Bye Georgia,” Lucy said.
“See you,” Conner grinned.

Grabbing Lucy by the arm, Brian left.

“Bye Conner!” Catherine said.
“Bye!” Bradley grinned. “And thanks. For everything, Doctor.”
“No problem Bradders,” the Doctor grinned.
“I’m just gonna say goodbye,” Beth said. “I’ll catch you up.”
“Yeah, we’d better be going too,” Zac said hastily.
“Bye,” Kaylie said.

Bradley, Catherine, Zac and Kaylie departed.

“So, time and space!” Beth laughed.
“I know! It’s so amazing out there, Beth,” Conner said.

Casually, Georgia pushed the Doctor back inside the TARDIS.

“Do you want to come with me?” Conner asked Beth.
“I think I’d be better at home,” Beth said. “But if you need me, ever, I’ll be there. No matter what.”
“Then stay to watch this,” Conner said. “It’s better on the outside.”

Beth stood back as Conner slipped inside the TARDIS. Beth took a deep breath; she’d only seen this from inside the TARDIS. She gasped as it vanished, leading Conner on to new adventures.

“I’ve always quite liked you,” Lucy admitted sheepishly to Brian.

Brian and Lucy were walking to his car.

“I thought so,” Brian smiled back. “I like you too.”
“Seriously?” Lucy asked, blushing.
“Yup,” Brian blushed back.
“What about your friend Georgia? It just looked like you two were tight,” Lucy said, folding her arms.
“She’s got the Doctor. And Conner. And spacemen out there probably,” Brian shrugged.
“Space slag,” Lucy grinned.

Brian chuckled.

“You’d better hope you don’t see her again,” he laughed.
“Nah, I could take her,” Lucy said playfully.
“Anyway,” Brian said. “Home?”
“Home,” Lucy agreed.

She linked her arms inside Brian’s, and the two walked over to the car.

“I suppose this is half mine now,” Lucy said, looking at the car fondly.
“You’ll be lucky,” Brian snorted. “You haven’t even moved your toothbrush in yet.”
“What? Into our bathroom?” Lucy grinned.

Brian sighed.

“Come on,” he said. “Let’s go sit down on our sofa in front of our TV.”
“And let’s watch our East Enders,” Lucy added.
“Actually,” Brian said. “That’s not ours…”
“Do you think we’ll ever see them again?” Lucy asked thoughtfully.
“Of course,” Brian said confidently. “They’re always out there – flying through stars, saving lives, and making cups of tea. Forever.”
“God that was so cheesy!” Lucy laughed.
“I know!” Brian chuckled.

Lucy screamed with laughter, and so did Brian. They didn’t stop till they reached their house, halfway through East Enders, which definitely wasn’t theirs. The Doctor had brought them together. He did that. And for Brian Mason, life had never been so good.

Credits

Next Time

"Run!"
"Anybody could have sent that signal."
"Rack?"
"This is bad..."
"Everyone's going to die!"

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP