Thursday 8 January 2009

VTV Series Episode 1: The Forgotten

The Doctor pulled back the red velvet curtains and entered the small, dimly lit room. The tent made everything look dark, and gave Madame Rene ten times more mystery than the average milkman. He sat at the small table and stared at the crystal ball.

“I know why you’re here,” Madame Rene said “to remember. But first, you must cross my palm with silver. Or pretzels, I’m not fussy which.”

The Doctor pressed a salt and vinegar pretzel into Madame Rene’s hand. After gobbling it up, Madame Rene clutched the Doctor’s hands. The Doctor raised his eyebrows.

“I see… Planet Earth…” Madame Rene said, as if experiencing a vision. “I see… David Attenborough. No wait- that’s the wrong Planet Earth. Sorry. Ah yes, I see… America.”
“America…” the Doctor muttered, the memories becoming clear.
“I see a girl, a blond of 24. Her name… What is her name?” Madame Rene asked.
“You’re supposed to tell me,” the Doctor said.
“K… It begins with K. Ah ha! I have it! Katie! Her name is Katie!” the fortune teller smiled in triumph.
“Of course, how could I forget Katie!” the Doctor said, unsure of who Katie was. “How did we meet?”
“At a water cooler,” Madame Rene said.
“A water cooler?” the Doctor asked.
“Yes… This is how you met:”

Katie was stood by the water cooler in the Health Centre. She heard the sound of thumping footsteps and looked down the corridor. A man in a long brown coat, with a skinny brown suit and plimsolls was running down the corridor, heading towards her. She stepped out in front of him, where he skidded to a halt.

“Hello!” the Doctor smiled.
“Hi,” Katie said breathlessly.
“Do you work here?” the Doctor asked.
“Yeah.”
“Then you know this building inside out. Come with me!”

Instinctively, Katie ran after the man.

“I’m the Doctor by the way,” the Doctor smiled.
“Katie. Katie Parker.”
“Molto bene!”

The Doctor ran on. Katie looked back at her friends, before continuing to run. They ran up several staircases before the Doctor came to a halt.

“Where’s the staffroom?” he asked, without the slightest sound of being out of breath.
“That way,” Katie said pointing back down the stairs.

The Doctor turned and ran back down the stairs. Two minutes later they burst into the empty staffroom. The Doctor whipped out a metal wand and began to shine its lit tip into the darkness.

“What we looking for?” Katie asked peering into the darkness.
“Do you want the real answer or the political shtoom?” the Doctor asked.
“You know, Americans never say shtoom. I’ve never said it. And how come you’re English?” Katie asked.
“I know! People will begin to talk. How does he get the money to travel in Time and Space? And to America!”
“What? You travel in Time and Space?” Katie asked incredulously.
“In the TARDIS. Anyway- Zombie,” the Doctor said.
“Zombie?”
“Blimey you ask a lot of questions!” the Doctor said.
“Meh.”

The Zombie, Gavin as he liked to be called, (when he wasn’t eating Judoon brains), was hiding in the darkness. He could smell blood. When the Doctor’s magic torch crossed him, he leapt at the Doctor and Katie.

Katie screamed as a Zombie came hurtling at the Doctor from the deepest corners of the staffroom. The Doctor fell under its weight, but pulled out a banana from his pocket as quick as a flash. Gavin fell unconscious.

“What happened?” Katie asked.
“I gave it a banana. The potassium reverses the temporal effects of the hydrochloron manipulator that affects his Benzone levels.”
“In English?” Katie asked.
“I put him to sleep,” the Doctor said sheepishly “did I mention you could come with me?”
“In the STARDIS?” Katie asked.
“TARDIS.”
“Whatever. Great, course I’ll come,” Katie smiled.
“Just like that?” the Doctor asked.
“I’ve been waiting for you to ask,” Katie laughed.

The Doctor led her out of the building, towards the TARDIS.

“Ooh! Wait till you meet the Slitheen! They’re brilliant!”

The end.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP