Sunday 12 September 2010

Episode 5: Rise of the Nayragar Part 4

Conner watched, as Georgia clumsily opened the door, climbed up some steps and then stumbled onto the surface of planet Earth. She looked around with an awe-struck look.
“I’ve never been allowed up here,” Georgia muttered.
“Why not?” Conner asked.
“We can’t breathe the air outside the tunnels; we need an extra element to survive,” Georgia explained, “After a few seconds out here I’d die, unless I wore a special air filter.”

“Where are we going then?” Conner questioned.
“There are a group of rebels who have been hiding in a secret cave around here,” Georgia said, “We might as well start there, as this Woman is one of the rebels.”
“What did she steal?” Conner asked. Ridgebull stared at Conner through Georgia’s eyes and decided to tell him the truth.
“She stole Attila’s essence,” Ridgebull told Conner calmly, “I don’t know whether she meant to or not, but somehow, Attila’s true essence went into her...”
“Then what essence has Attila got?” Conner asked, with a confused look.
“He’s got a computer-made essence, it looks the same as his, except we altered parts of his personality to suit the Nayragar cause,” Ridgebull continued, “Otherwise Attila wouldn’t want to destroy the Human race and recreate this planet, even if we did promise him the stars.”
“You were part of that?” Conner asked angrily.
“I had no choice,” Ridgebull muttered, “But I couldn’t live knowing that this was going to happen, so I was going to return his true essence to him, nobody would know and the plan would fail, but then it was stolen.”
“So that’s why you’re trying to find her then?” Conner said.
“I’ve been trying to find her, and I discovered using our sensitive systems that she was living in a secret cave, which is one of the entrances to the base,” Ridgebull explained, “I tried to lead her here, by opening and sealing the entrances into the tunnels, one time I was successful and she found her way into the tunnel, but when I came to the door I expected her to come out of, you were there.”

“Lion!” Conner exclaimed.
“Yes, and the Lion,” Ridgebull sighed, “Anyway, let’s get going.”
“No, I mean there’s a Lion over there!” Conner yelled with a look of alarm. Ridgebull spun round and saw that there was indeed a Lion standing there.
“They’ve been running wild, ever since that farmer slew Lok,” Ridgebull muttered, “Chasing and killing anyone they find.” The Lion bounded forwards, and Conner watched as Ridgebull drew a gun from Georgia’s pocket and fired at it. The Lion burst into flames and when the flames subsided all that was left of it was ash.
“That was fun,” Ridgebull commented, “But this gun is running out of power, so this way...”


Quetragar quickly explained what essences were to Ridgebull, as General Nay was looking increasingly impatient, and she didn’t want to be fired like Vasray, who had skulked into a corner, where he was checking systems on a Nayragar computer.

“Have you finished yet?” General Nay snapped.
“Yes,” Quetragar sighed.
“Then Ridgebull, can we use Attila’s edited essence?” General Nay snarled.
“We agreed not to, we agreed to use his original essence,” Quetragar interrupted.
“Look I still don’t know if we can because the only thing I know is what essences actually are, I have had a memory loss, remember?” Georgia replied, in Ridgebull’s alien voice.
“Oh shut up, both of you, and don’t be silly Quetragar, you and Ridgebull knew I’d been planning this for months,” General Nay hissed.
“Well, we realised that your evil mind would want success,” Traynar explained, “And you knew that the real Attila may not want to help you, like he may not have wanted to kill those people, accept the lions, accept his new bodyguards, et cetera, which is why you asked for the edited essence in the first place.”
“We had to get him here, how else were we going to do it?” General Nay snapped, “Argue with me again, and you’ll be out of here before you can say the Doctor.”

“What about him?” Georgia asked.
“He’s that idiot intruder who I killed with my missiles,” General Nay growled.
“WHAT?” Georgia shrieked, “I mean, who?”
“That alien, who arrived in the blue box, and made friends with Attila, and ended up in the pit,” General Nay explained, “But then he escaped in the old spacecraft after we tried to shoot him, and then he destroyed our spaceship, before I destroyed him!”
“You mean, you destroyed the original spacecraft?” Traynar asked, with a shocked look, “You can’t do such a thing without informing the Nayragar government, that spaceship is of historical importance!”
“Oh shut up, what did I say about arguing, anyway what are you going to do about it?” General Nay argued, “I am in charge of this base, I am in charge of Earth, Ridgebull has lost her mind, so I’m now fully in command!”
“Why did you kill the Doctor?” Georgia asked.
“I’m not answering your stupid questions!” General Nay roared.
“STUPID QUESTIONS?” Georgia exploded, “I have not lost my mind! I know that I am rightfully in charge here, and you will be silent! That man could have helped you-us! He could have helped, I’m sure he could, but you, you idiot, you wipe him from the face of the Earth, without giving a tiny rat’s arse about the consequences, so you will step down from your position, or I shall inform the Nayragar government, that you destroyed an important historical artefact!” Quetragar and Traynar smiled, the old Ridgebull was back.
“I’ve had enough of you,” General Nay muttered nastily, and in one fluid motion General Nay pulled out a gun and shot a beam of red light at Ridgebull, whose eyes rolled, before she collapsed.


The Doctor sprinted away from the Lions which bounded after him with a snarl. He took a quick look behind him to see how far away the Lions were, but when he turned back he ran straight into a swarm of flies and tripped and fell, as the flies got in his eyes. The Doctor could sense the Lions getting closer, so he stood up with his eyes shut and ran forward, away from the sounds of the Lions.

“Help someone!” the Doctor yelled, but nobody heard him. Suddenly, the growls of the Lions vanished and they were replaced with the sounds of fires crackling and people chattering. The Doctor rubbed his eyes and blinked several times, before he looked around to find himself in a cavern.
“Oh, the rebels cavern...” the Doctor said interestedly.


Attila peered up the tunnel and caught a glimpse of light. He smirked and walked quietly up the tunnel, followed by his two guards. Attila saw that there way a doorway in the tunnel, and he peeked through it. There was a huge cavern, with tents and shacks and standing in the centre of the cavern, was a strange creature Attila had never seen before.

“We’ve found the rebels!” Attila hissed at the guards.
“Let’s go and...” one of the guards began.
“You-stay with me,” Attila interrupted, before turning to the other guard and snapping, “Go and get the Huns! We are going to wipe out every last rebel... tonight!”
“Yes sir,” the guard said, as he turned and sped off down the tunnel.
“What are we going to do?” Attila’s other guard asked.
“Wait and watch,” Attila snarled back.


Ezio and the Woman saw a sparkling ahead, and they found a pair of metal double doors facing them. Ezio looked interested; he had never seen doors made out of metal before. The Woman, however, did not seem amazed. She just strode forward and knocked on the door.
“What are you doing?” Ezio asked, “These could be enemies.”
“I’ve been here before...” the Woman muttered.
“When?” Ezio asked.
“I can’t remember, something has been crushing my memories,” the Woman sighed, “It was here when I changed...” The door swung open to reveal four strange alien guards standing there with determined expressions on their faces.

“What’s this?” Vasray said, brushing away the guards with his hands, “Who are you?”
“You don’t need to know my name,” the Woman snapped, “Who and what are you?”
“You don’t need to our name, or mine,” Vasray replied, “What are you doing here? How did you get in?”
“We had to push a wall up,” Ezio answered.
“You can’t be that strong,” Vasray snarled.
“It was me actually, but I realise that your species is just as sexist as mine,” the Woman said unhappily, “We came here after we found our way into the tunnels, we followed a tunnel up here after we fled from Attila the Hun.”
“Interesting,” Vasray said sarcastically, “Although, what is interesting is that you got into the tunnels. Who let you in?”
“Nobody let us in,” Ezio replied.

“What happened to me here?” the Woman asked, “I’ve been here before, I know I have.”
“That is interesting,” Vasray commented seriously, “Guards take them, and follow me to General Nay’s room.” The guards nodded and took hold of Ezio and the Woman.
“What are they?” Ezio whimpered.
“Not of this world, obviously,” the Woman muttered, “Now unhand me this instant!”
“My guards will kill you if you complain,” Vasray said in a matter-of-fact voice, as he walked along the corridor and immediately the Woman stopped struggling, but only because she wanted to find out more. She knew she could take these guards on in a fight.


Georgia opened her eyes to find herself lying on a bed, in an empty room. She looked around and found that she was still this Ridgebull person.
“Hello?” she called, but she got no reply. She walked over to the door and tried to open it, but it wouldn’t budge.
“Hello!” Georgia called again, much louder this time, and she heard someone stand up against the door.
“Ridgebull, is that you?” Georgia heard the voice of Quetragar say.
“Yeah, maybe,” Georgia replied.
“General Nay locked you up! I’m so sorry! He’s gonna get a Doctor to look at your brain or something,” Quetragar said.
“Quetragar, can’t you let me out?” Georgia asked.
“I don’t have the key, and the guard won’t give it to me,” Quetragar muttered.
“Why are you here?” Georgia asked.
“I thought you might want some company,” Quetragar answered.
“Thanks, that was very kind...” Georgia said, smiling slightly, before her worried look returned.


Vasray strode into General Nay’s control room, where Traynar and General Nay were busy at computers. Vasray cleared his throat and General Nay spun round, with an arrogant look of defiance on his face.

“What are you still doing here?” General Nay asked.
“I’m here to help, I brought these Humans to you, they were the intruders,” Vasray explained.
“How did they get in?” General Nay snapped.
“We pushed the...” Ezio began.
“Humans may not speak in my presence, so shut up,” General Nay hissed, before turning to Vasray.
“The Woman pushed the stone seal up, so they got in,” Vasray explained.
“Most interesting story I heard all day, not,” General Nay said rapidly, “Get out of here Vasray, you irritating piece of scum. Get on the next shuttle out, or I shall have you killed.”

“Sir, those stone seal doors are very heavy, it would take someone stronger than a Human woman to lift it,” Traynar pointed out.
“So she’s stronger than a normal woman, it’s nice to know, not that I care,” General Nay muttered, “Have them killed Traynar, now.”
“But sir...” Traynar began.
“Human life means nothing to me, only Nayragar’s with power and potential mean anything to me,” General Nay hissed, “Except Ridgebull, but now that she’s gone mad, I’m happy to say we won’t be getting married.”


Encwar stood before the rebels with a gleam in his eye. Humbert had been explaining that a person known as ‘the Woman’ had gone on an expedition with Ezio through the tunnels.
“Now, has anybody seen Eden Marsh?” Humbert asked the audience.
“That’s not important!” Encwar snapped, stepping forward.
“She’s my wife, and she’s missing thank you very much, I find that extremely important,” Humbert replied.
“Haven’t seen her for ages!” a rebel called.
“She sometimes pops in, but she never stays, we don’t know where she goes,” a second rebel replied.
“I don’t care, the whole world could be at stake here, this whole world is going to be destroyed,” Encwar explained to the rebels, “Unless I find this person. His name is the Doctor. He has a time machine, it looks like a blue box.”

Attila’s face lit up, and so did the guard, who took out a small metal object and pressed his finger on it, so information from his brain would scan into the Nayragar system...


Traynar pointed the gun at Ezio first, and Ezio’s heart began to race. He was going to die. The Woman drew her sword and General Nay pulled out his gun.
“Don’t move, you silly girl,” General Nay snarled, “Now which part of you shall I blow up first. Let’s go for the head...”
“Sir!” Traynar exclaimed, “Look at the screen! The Doctor has been found! And Encwar too!”
“Oh that traitor is going to get himself killed,” General Nay growled, “You two guards, stay with them. Traynar, get all the others to meet me by the cave entrance, as soon as possible!”

“I saw some Huns dragging a blue box through the town yesterday!” a rebel exclaimed.
“Hang on, but I’ve met the Doctor, and he had a blue box!” Humbert exclaimed, “That’s him over there!” The Doctor ducked down behind some barrels and he started crawling back towards the wall he had come through.
“Doctor, please, I’m on your side!” Encwar explained.
“You sure about that,” the Doctor called back from his position, “You’re a Nayragar.”
“I know that, but alot of Nayragar don’t want this planet to be destroyed!” Encwar shouted back, “The Nayragar are literally going to destroy all the Earth with fire using Attila and his sword. They’ve edited Attila’s essence, so he won’t think twice about destroying the Earth, as long as he gets to travel through the universe. They’re going to burn the Earth and terraform it, so it is just like our home planet! Doctor, you have to help me stop them!”

“How do you think I can do that?” the Doctor asked.
“By using your time machine! You can go back in time and stop them from ever coming here!”
“It’s not that simple!” the Doctor replied, stepping out from behind a tent, “I mean I could go back in time, but we’re part of events, it would be a paradox.”
“But you could do it?” Encwar questioned.
“I could try, but it would risk blowing a hole in the universe!” the Doctor explained.
“It’s that or the Earth gets destroyed!” Encwar pointed out.
“Who are you?” the Doctor asked interestedly.
“I’m Encwar, also known as the Caller, they need me to activate Attila’s sword,” Encwar explained.
“Why can’t we just kill you then?” Humbert said, “Then nobody could activate the sword, whatever this sword is...”
“There are more Callers out there, but I know a way to destroy the sword too! If you have it...” Encwar began, and the Doctor’s face fell.


Conner followed Georgia through a field of long grass, until they reached another field with shorter, greener grass. He could see a lake in the distance and a willow tree nearby.

“Where are we going Georgia?” Conner asked.
“I’m not Georgia!” Ridgebull shrieked.
“Sorry,” Conner quickly answered, “Are we there yet?”
“Nearly, we’re going to have to close our eyes and walk forwards,” Ridgebull explained, “It’s a special psychic entrance; you can only get in by closing your eyes.”
“All right then, where am I walking?” Conner asked.
“That way,” Ridgebull said, pointing away from the willow tree, “Now close your eyes.” As Conner closed his eyes, he heard a growling.
“Lions!” Conner exclaimed.
“Conner, run forward with your eyes closed! Now!” Ridgebull yelled.
“But, we’ll get eaten,” Conner whined.
“JUST DO IT! YOU TINY-MINDED IDIOT, OR YOU’LL GET EATEN ANYWAY!” There was a roar and a scream, but then Ridgebull found herself tripping over a bucket, and she opened her eyes to find herself in the cave, with Conner lying next to her.

“I don’t have it, I don’t know who did,” the Doctor sighed.
“But the touch of a time traveller awoke it,” Encwar pointed out.
“Doctor!” Conner exclaimed, running forward with Ridgebull.
“They might have actually,” the Doctor told Encwar smiling widely, as Conner and Georgia ran through the crowd of rebels towards the Doctor, Encwar and Humbert.
“Georgia! Conner!” the Doctor said, hugging Conner, but Georgia had raised her eyebrows.
“I’m not Georgia!” Ridgebull snarled, “Now where is the Woman?”
“She’s not here, she went to explore the caves,” Humbert explained.
“But she’s stolen Attila’s essence!” Ridgebull snarled.
“Ridgebull plans to return Attila’s essence to him, so he won’t destroy the world for the Nayragar,” Conner explained to the Doctor beaming.
“Brilliant idea,” Encwar exclaimed, “So all we need to do now is find this woman.”

“But who’s Ridgebull?” the Doctor asked.
“I am,” Ridgebull replied.
“Don’t tell me you’ve messed about with their essences,” the Doctor moaned.
“I had to let her, or Georgia was gonna die,” Conner explained. Ridgebull looked round as she thought she heard someone move in the corner.
“Alright, no time, we’ll have to return their essences some other time, now we have to find the Woman,” the Doctor announced.

“Bad luck Doctor!” General Nay cackled, stepping out from the shadows, “We have her capture. Oh dear me, your plan has failed. And Encwar, you naughty thing, we’ll have to kill you for being a traitor.”
“What about me?” Ridgebull asked, as hundreds of Nayragar with guns started emerging from the shadows of the cave.
“I don’t care about some self-obsessed Human girl,” General Nay snapped, he obviously had not overheard that Ridgebull’s essence was inside Georgia’s body, “Now then, Encwar, the Doctor and you two time travelling Humans, are all coming with me to the Nayragar control centre. Attila, you too!”
“What!? How did you know I was here?” Attila roared.
“We are magical creatures Attila, and you could become one of us,” General Nay said smiling, “You could help us rule the universe, but we have a little job for you to do first. Come on then!”

TO BE CONTINUED

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP