Wednesday 3 June 2009

Episode 4: Attack of the Clowns Part 5

“Wait!” Colin said. “If you kill my wife, I’ll have no reason to obey you!”
“Very well,” the clown relented. “She will live, for now.”
“Thank you,” Colin sighed.

“Christina, when did you first meet Mitchell?” the Doctor asked.
“Ahh, it was 2000, at the Millennium. We met at Chelsea Simmons’ party,” Christina sighed. “I was drunk, and Mitchell offered to walk me home.”
“Can you imagine it?” the Doctor asked. “Sometimes imagining something clearly helps bring the vision into clarity.”
“I can see it,” Bradley said. “I’m bringing it closer. Can everyone see it?”
“I can,” Sybil said at once.
“So can I,” Alex agreed.
“I can’t,” Georgia huffed.
“Nor me,” Conner scowled.
“You three – Sybil, Bradley and Alex – you have an aura about you. You’re all slightly psychic. Have you ever felt things before?” the Doctor asked.
“Not since Sybil tried to steal my prophecy,” Bradley said.
“Not since about six weeks ago,” Sybil said, before adding. “But it’s not my tale yet.”
“Always,” Alex said. “I’ve always felt things.”
“That would explain a lot,” Kaylie teased.
“Let’s see if we can let the others see it,” Alex said.

The red light shot around the circle, through the hands of Christina, then Abby, Lucy, Brian, Georgia, Conner, the Doctor, Sybil, Catherine, Bradley, Beth, Zac, Kaylie, and finally back to Alex.

“Alright darling?” Christina asked, sliding up to Mitchell. “Wanna buy us a drink then?”
“Sure,” Mitchell smiled.
“Great. I’ll get my coat,” Christina said.

She walked off, grinning broadly. Her mates were all staring at her with shocked expressions.

“That’s how you do it,” Christina said, grabbing her coat and walking off to a waiting Mitchell.

Back at the séance table, Christina smiled.

“It’s feels like it might be easier now, to let him go,” she said quietly. “Of course, I didn’t realise he was fascinated by clowns, or he was a rubbish kisser. By then, I was too in love to care.”
“You gotta take the highs and the lows,” the Doctor said cheerily.
“Doctor,” Georgia muttered. “You’re supposed to say sorry, you –”

Thankfully, Bradley managed to access Abby’s vision, and those around the séance table were plunged into it, before Georgia could finish her sentence.

“Oi, Lucy!” Abby cried.
“What?” Lucy scowled, emerging from the top of the stairs in the house.
“I’m going out,” Abby said. “See you later!”
“Bye!” Lucy said back. “Loves you babes!”

Abby stepped out into the porch, and shut the door. Stepping out of the outside door, Abby produced a key from her pocket. She locked the door, and hurried up the drive to the car. She slipped inside it, and made her way to Helich Fair.

“Wait!” Bradley said back at the table. “Another vision is merging with the other!”
“I can stabilise it,” Sybil said, annoyed at Bradley’s powers. “They’re going to have to stay merged I’m afraid.”
“Whose vision is it?” Abby asked.
“Lucy’s,” Alex muttered, able to see the same as Bradley and Sybil.
“Let’s take a look,” Sybil said, spreading her hands across the table.

As Abby’s car drove off, Lucy slipped down the stairs. Checking out the window to make sure Abby had gone, Lucy skipped out of the house, and into her own car. Turning the keys in the ignition, Lucy drove off to the bakers.

Abby slipped a pound coin across the cloth covered table. Sybil sat opposite, smiling, and accepted the money. She took Abby’s hands in hers, and began the fortune telling.

“What can you see, Sybil?” Abby asked the fortune teller.
“You will meet a man,” Sybil said, smiling encouragingly. “The most amazing man!”
“What else do you see? An engagement?” Abby asked. “Is this man the one for me?”
“No, I’m sorry. He will be much more than that,” Sybil replied. “He is a man of mystery. I cannot see him clearly – he is surrounded by the fog that so often clouds the inner eye.”
“You’re amazing!” Abby smiled. “It’s scary sometimes how accurate you are!”
“You think so, dear?” Sybil asked, smiling. “Well, let’s see if we can see a little more for you.”
“Thanks, Sybil,” Abby grinned.
“I see a flat, in south London. Not far from here, belonging to a man.”
“Is this the same man, or will I meet two men?” Abby asked excitedly.
“You will not meet this man,” Sybil foretold. “But I see a letter – an N. No, wait! An M!”
“Mark?” Abby asked. “Will Mark Heston finally notice me?”
“Not a Mark, no. I see, a Mitchell. A Mitchell West,” Sybil said.
“What else do you see about him?” Abby asked.
“He… I’ve met him!” Sybil gasped, withdrawing her hands from Abby. “He came here that night, to see me! I gave him a prophecy that he was to die! My dear, you will go to the flat of a dead man! But, my clowns… My dear, you must go! Now! Do not go to this man’s flat! Please… There are things you cannot know – dark secrets are hidden here, at the fair! Leave now, before it’s too late!”
“What dark secrets, what clowns? And what about Mitchell West?” Abby asked, standing up from her stool.
“My clowns, quick! Leave before they find you! I’m so sorry, my dear, but the mark of the clowns is upon you!” Sybil said, tears pouring down her face.

Brian was walking into work. Lucy drove her car across the street. She parked across the road, where she watched Brian open the bakery, and walk inside.

“He’s so lush!” Lucy sighed.

Suddenly there was a screech of brakes behind her, and Lucy cried out as a car ploughed into the back of hers. The door flew open, and Lucy rolled out of the car. A passer by ran and helped her up, and the driver of the other car shakily climbed out. It seemed he was unhurt.

“I’m so sorry!” he cried.

Lucy was about to reply when a spark caught, and ignited the pools of petrol on the floor. Lucy and the passer by were thrown backwards as the car exploded. The driver of the other car, David Baker, was lost in the explosion. After the smoke cleared, his shoes were left ominously beside the road. Lucy screamed, as she watched the man who’d crashed into her die.

“My car!” Lucy screamed. “There’s nothing left!”
“That poor man,” the passer by, Gareth, said quietly. “He lost his car and his life.”

Lucy was again about to reply, when her phone rang. It was Abby. She was checking to see if ‘the mark of clowns’ was dramatic effect, or whether Sybil hadn’t lied when she said she and her family would be in danger from clowns.

“Lucy, are you alright?” Abby asked.
“Sure,” Lucy said.
“Positive? You sound shaken up,” Abby said. “Look, is there a clown nearby? Are you safe?”
“I’m fine,” Lucy said. “No clowns. I didn’t hit my head. Okay, I did get chucked out, but I’ve only grazed my arms.”
“Chucked out of what?” Abby asked.
“My car!” Lucy sighed. “Oh wait, I forgot to tell you. I got hit by another car.”
“But you’re alright?” Abby asked. “The car’s alright?”
“Umm yeah,” Lucy said. “They took it to the garage.”
“Good,” Abby sighed with relief. “I expect dad will claim on the other drivers insurance.”
“Yeah, about that,” Lucy said.

She couldn’t just tell her sister that a man had been blown up in front of her. When she found out about the car she’d flip – the death of a man didn’t need to freak her out as well.

“He’s gone to hospital,” Lucy continued. “It might be a bit mean to demand his insurance stuff. His condition might be critical.”
“I’ll come to the hospital,” Abby promised. “Are you in the Ambulance?”
“No, the doctors said I was fine.”
“Well I’ll come over,” Abby said. “Where are you?”

Lucy didn’t want to admit she’d been stalking the bakerman. She didn’t even know his name yet, it was early stages. Plus Abby might think she was insane. At the moment, Lucy referred to the bakerman as Boff-Guy, based on some glasses she’d once seen him wear, and that fact that she’d quite like to boff him.

“Actually, it might be better if I didn’t come to see you,” Abby thought. “Too many of us in one place at once would be an easy target. And I reckon I should check out that flat.”
“What? Oh, never mind,” Lucy said. “Bye.”

And she hung up the phone. Another ringing interrupted her thoughts. Gareth picked up the phone eagerly.

“Daisy?” Gareth asked. “Oh hi. What? You accepted tea with Mrs Bell?”
“What else could I do?” Daisy wailed. “Can you come too? It’ll make it all a lot less hard to endure.”
“I can’t,” Gareth said, grinning. “I’m with a girl who was involved in a car accident. I need to stay with her until the police arrive. I expect they’ll want to question both of us. Plus, I refuse to go anywhere near her after that incident with the Book Club. Susan’s still seeing that doctor about it.”
“Lucky,” Daisy muttered. “If only I were involved in a car accident. Look I’d better go; I just rang the door bell. Bye.”
“Good luck,” Gareth laughed.
“I’ll need it,” Daisy said darkly, before putting down the phone.

Daisy was relieved when it was Colin Bell who opened the door.

“Sorry about this,” Colin said.
“It’s alright,” Daisy sighed. “Elizabeth’s got the beakers out hasn’t she?”
“Yep, don’t worry, there’s no chance of spilling anything,” Colin smiled, stepping aside so Daisy could enter the house.
“That’s not what I’m afraid of,” Daisy said, and Colin nodded.
“Ah! Hello, Daisy! Do come in! Welcome, welcome to the Bell residence! Would you like a cup of tea?” Elizabeth said loudly, directing her voice to Viola White’s house next door.
“Err, yes thank you,” Daisy said, walking into the house.

“That was… random,” Georgia laughed.
“You were involved in an explosion,” Abby said quietly. “Why didn’t you tell me?”
“I didn’t want to worry you,” Lucy said.
“Oh sis,” Abby cried. “I love you, you know that don’t you?”
“Sure,” Lucy said.

They embraced.

“And when were you planning on telling me the car had been destroyed in an explosion?” Abby asked.

Bradley decided to let Lucy off, and pushed on with the next vision. It was Brian’s turn. Suddenly Bradley tensed.

“I’m experiencing my first prophecy,” he gasped. “I’m seeing the future!”
“Impossible!” Sybil gasped. “It took me so long!”
“I guess he’s got a gift,” the Doctor said, leaning forwards. “Now tell me what you see.”

“Quick!” Elizabeth hissed. “While the clowns have their backs turned!”
“Elizabeth,” Colin sighed. “We aren’t sneaking out so you can inspect the cake sale. Our friends might be in danger! Oh poor Mrs White!”
“She’ll be fine,” Elizabeth said. “I just want one look.”

Before Colin could protest further, Elizabeth scurried out of the tent. Colin followed her anxiously. As he walked outside, he saw Elizabeth, frozen in terror. A clown was waiting – they obviously hadn’t left them alone. It grinned at them evilly.

“Any disobedience results in your decay,” the clown snarled. “Thank you, and goodnight!”

It raised its arms, and Colin and Elizabeth were afraid it was the last thing they would ever see.

“And I never got to inspect that cake sale!” Elizabeth moaned, before the clown brought down its arms.

To be continued…

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP